• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow I just played melee again, it is WAY better!

DanteSmash7

Smash Apprentice
Dude, cant adapt. This what is happening a lot. And is very common when Melee vs Brawl arguments break out. I love melee but know Brawl is more balanced.

Fletch

Smash Master
While I agree with the original post, did this really need a new thread? You should have just posted in one of the other ones, namely Scar's. And when you admit to liking Melee more than Brawl, prepare to be attacked by all the newcomers that frequent Brawl discussion and know nothing of competitive Melee.

Ichida

Smash Ace
While I agree with the original post, did this really need a new thread? You should have just posted in one of the other ones, namely Scar's. And when you admit to liking Melee more than Brawl, prepare to be attacked by all the newcomers that frequent Brawl discussion and know nothing of competitive Melee.
I know how intense Melee got. Doesn't change my viewpoint. :p

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Your name. Your location. Your avatar. Your . . . everything.

Or if you meant how I got the notion that you mained R.O.B., this helps:

:)
You're alright, Demon! Say, where is your FC, don't see it.

EDIT: Oh, snap its in your sig.

Firebert

Smash Ace
Same here. Even if he doesn't like Brawl as much, and that's his opinion which I'll (attempt to) respect, he shouldn't bring his flaming to the Brawl forums! He should just keep to discussing in the Melee forums and never have to come to the Brawl forums again.

GigabyteThe2nd

Smash Rookie
Hey, if you people REALLY feel the need to constantly post this garbage, then how about posting it in the melee boards instead of flooding the brawl ones?

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is better than Melee, hands down. Brawl has a more balanced roster. That way you CAN'T **** since everyone has a good chance at winning. It comes down to skill rather than tiers.

Fletch

Smash Master
I just assumed since you joined last month you didn't play competitively in Melee, and "knowing" how intense it got doesn't include actually taking part in it. Maybe I'm wrong and you played Melee quite extensively and participated in the tournament scene, but then there are so many newcomers who are idiots that post things like the quote I'm going to address below that I just have been assuming all the newcomers have no idea what they are talking about.

Brawl is better than Melee, hands down. Brawl has a more balanced roster. That way you CAN'T **** since everyone has a good chance at winning. It comes down to skill rather than tiers.
This can't be serious. This has been addressed over and over again. I don't care if you think Brawl is a better game, but there is no way it has a more balanced roster. Every character that can camp effectively is infinitely better than those that cannot, and there is going to be a huge division in the tiers. Melee's ATs spread about the viability of all the characters, and most of the characters were actually able to be used in some cases (i.e. Chu playing ICs, Y. Link, Pika, and Pichu in tournaments, Bum with DK, Mango with Jiggly, and a million other examples). This simply won't be the case with Brawl as camping is the only viable strategy right now if you want to win. Hopefully we find out some new stuff that changes this, but Brawl is looking to become horribly imbalanced.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I just assumed since you joined last month you didn't play competitively in Melee, and "knowing" how intense it got doesn't include actually taking part in it. Maybe I'm wrong and you played Melee quite extensively and participated in the tournament scene, but then there are so many newcomers who are idiots that post things like the quote I'm going to address below that I just have been assuming all the newcomers have no idea what they are talking about.
I never knew about competitive Melee while it was happening, but over the last few months I've learned all I needed to know, what with SB's prudent garden of cocky competitive pricks to learn from. I never bothered to put it into practice due to Brawl's impending release, knowing it would pretty much be for naught.

Fletch

Smash Master
I never knew about competitive Melee while it was happening, but over the last few months I've learned all I needed to know, what with SB's prudent garden of cocky competitive pricks to learn from. I never bothered to put it into practice due to Brawl's impending release, knowing it would pretty much be for naught.
I'd recommend you give it another try; most of the competitive players are really nice and willing to help, and I just find Melee to be a much more rewarding game. There are still a ton of people playing Melee, and once the "newness" of Brawl wears off, I think a lot of people are going to return to Melee. Don't miss out on one of the greatest games ever made just because Brawl came out. And the best part about Melee is there is always something more to learn; watch even the best pros play Melee and how they redefine the game year after year (i.e. M2K's Marth over the last year brought him to a new level after the game had been out for 7 years). The game has near infinite depth, even if you love Brawl I would advise not to push Melee aside. But now to address another idiotic post...

OP: Melee is better because you don't suck at it. Okay.
This is awful; most of the people that don't like Brawl are actually pros that are currently the best at the game. Most Melee pros have proven to still be the best at Brawl, and those are the ones that think Brawl is a very one-dimensional and non-competitive (although still fun).

Newskool

Smash Cadet
:laugh:I know what you're thinking, another noob who just played brawl for five minutes and just wants to vent out his complaints... Well I'm not that noob. I unlocked the full character roster and played countless battles on brawl wifi--sure it was fun, but it just wasn't great. So me and my friend tried to start playing melee again, and WOW. It was so thrilling, the speed was intense, and I could play WAAAAAY better than in brawl. In brawl I was just your top player, I couldn't ****--I was just good. But in melee I could just totally **** again.

I'm thinking on not playing that 50$ waste of money anymore. Seriously though, they will find more advanced things, but it will never be the full throttle that melee ever was. Sorry sakurai, you just downgraded the best game I have played in my life. Peace out, sticking with melee. :laugh:
Why are you posting in the BRAWL boards then?

Posting on the brawl boards about how much better melee is is like going to a party and doing nothing all night but talking about how much better that one party at your house was.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Why are you posting in the BRAWL boards then?

Posting on the brawl boards about how much better melee is is like going to a party and doing nothing all night but talking about how much better that one party at your house was.
but discussing what brawl character you would like to be able to transform into contributes far greater to this forum right?

The competitive aspect of brawl compared to melee is perfectly fitting to the General Brawl Discussion.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
This is what ruins Smashboards, a bunch of noobs who don't get good at brawl so they give the exuse that Melee is better. You even ADMITTED it . Brawl is better then Melee, that is as close to fact as opinion can be, Melee doesn't stand up against the new features onine, full simgle player and other things. You complain just because you can't do great at brawl yet. And what is the point in complaing? You fell like you must shout it out to the world that you think Melee domitates Brawl, and nobody really cares. I'l admit that Melee is great competitivly, but it's dead now, Brawl is a better overal game; period.

fletch71011 said:
'd recommend you give it another try; most of the competitive players are really nice and willing to help, and I just find Melee to be a much more rewarding game. There are still a ton of people playing Melee, and once the "newness" of Brawl wears off, I think a lot of people are going to return to Melee. Don't miss out on one of the greatest games ever made just because Brawl came out. And the best part about Melee is there is always something more to learn; watch even the best pros play Melee and how they redefine the game year after year (i.e. M2K's Marth over the last year brought him to a new level after the game had been out for 7 years). The game has near infinite depth, even if you love Brawl I would advise not to push Melee aside. But now to address another idiotic post...

Most people will return to Melee. I'm sorry pal, but you see Melee had newness to, and when that wore off thats when pros started finding techs. Brawl can become just as big, but you refuse to give it a chance. I'm not defending Brawl, Melee was a godly game, but read my post above and then know this. "Most" is not the correct word. Yes some people on here like the Competitivness of Melle more then Brawl, but they are competitive players, make up the minority of SSB players, it just happens that many subscribe here so smash boards is constantly full of competitive players, but they still are the minority (by a good number too) I don't wean't a reply to this now, wait a year and see what Brawl becomes then give me a responce.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not that noob. I unlocked the full character roster and played countless battles on brawl wifi--sure it was fun, but it just wasn't great.
You're comparing Melee to that lagfest? It was about there that I decided that this was a pointless thread.

When I read the thread title I was hoping for a good reason to why you think Melee is better than Brawl. But nope, I instead got "I'm better at Melee than I am at Brawl, so I'll play Melee!"

Great isn't it.

icelich

Smash Rookie
wow man dude how could u like melee better than brawl man is it possible man just wow ok go back to melee and miss all the fun on brawl

PredictablyStubborn

Smash Apprentice
Melee is better: I agree.
Melee is funner: I disagree. At least for now, I'm having loads of fun figuring out all the mechanics and characters of Brawl. Today, I've just got back from testing out ways of using Brawl's new pivot system on my friends with a lot of characters.

ADHD

Smash Hero
OP: Melee is better because you don't suck at it. Okay.
I suck at brawl huh? You should know right? Any two above average people will have trouble dominating over one another because brawl, has more windows for opportunity with people who are "smash declined."

LOL SOME PEOPLE ON HERE ARE SO VICIOUSLY STUPID! If you hate these threads, then don't go into them ******! And ****, don't assume things when you're point is just wrong. Brawl is easier, that's a fact not an opinion.

04r

Hyper Edition
NNID
AceinBlack
Why's everyone getting so hostile? It's his choice if he wants to go back to melee and I don't think it's any of your guys' business.
Maybe someone should have told him that before he started this topic.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Oh great, another noob who just played brawl for five minutes and just wants to vent out his complaints...-.-

DAVO

Smash Rookie
Since its obvious nobody is getting the point , let me explain it.
Hes is saying he is a good player , he never said he was losing in brawl so he went back to melee , what he is saying i that in brawl you win , i melee you **** ( example , in brawl you can use marth and kill someone, in melee you can use marth , ken-combo the **** out of em , then spike em to death, and thats what i call a ****) stop saying hes crying for losing in brawl , you got to admit melee is more intense you like it or not , also stop making these threads , theyre getting old already
BTW i love brawl and play almost everyday so im not a melee fanboy

ADHD

Smash Hero
stop making these threads , theyre getting old already
Thanks for explaining it better than I could. But why should I stop complaining, I invested my god **** money and time in the game, I think I have a right to and if there are too many of these threads then let a mod come in here and shut it down

fluffy

Smash Champion
fluffy's melee to brawl theory says that:

Everyone who says or thinks that melee is better secretly works for sony. They are trying to manipulate us to think that brawl sucks so that we would all play metal gear solid 4.

It makes perfect sense.

Fletch

Smash Master
This is what ruins Smashboards, a bunch of noobs who don't get good at brawl so they give the exuse that Melee is better. You even ADMITTED it . Brawl is better then Melee, that is as close to fact as opinion can be, Melee doesn't stand up against the new features onine, full simgle player and other things. You complain just because you can't do great at brawl yet. And what is the point in complaing? You fell like you must shout it out to the world that you think Melee domitates Brawl, and nobody really cares. I'l admit that Melee is great competitivly, but it's dead now, Brawl is a better overal game; period.
... How is that close to fact? It's a complete opinion, and there will never be a general consensus as to which is the better game. If you want to argue that gameplay mechanics and depth make a better game, then Melee is factually a better game. However, if you want to argue that extra features, graphics, zaniness, more characters/stages makes a better game, then I would have to say Brawl is without a doubt the better game. Just depends on the way you look at it; personally, I prefer Melee's depth more gratifying, but I know not everyone will think that way, and I really don't care which game they prefer. And how many times do we have to repeat that a ton of the best Brawl players still drastically prefer Melee? I'm sick of repeating this.

Most people will return to Melee. I'm sorry pal, but you see Melee had newness to, and when that wore off thats when pros started finding techs. Brawl can become just as big, but you refuse to give it a chance. I'm not defending Brawl, Melee was a godly game, but read my post above and then know this. "Most" is not the correct word. Yes some people on here like the Competitivness of Melle more then Brawl, but they are competitive players, make up the minority of SSB players, it just happens that many subscribe here so smash boards is constantly full of competitive players, but they still are the minority (by a good number too) I don't wean't a reply to this now, wait a year and see what Brawl becomes then give me a responce.
... Where did I say I don't play Brawl? I play it quite regularly, and while I think it is quite the longshot that it develops as well as Melee did, I still have that hope. Obviously the "competitive" players were not catered to in this game, but I'm sure they're going to try their hardest to make this game better than the casual nature of it so far allows for. I really hope in a year that Brawl can be considered as good as or at least close to the level of Melee, it just seems like the designers limited the game so much that I don't think it has a chance right now. But I still play Brawl and hope that it becomes better.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I don't really care if the game is going to be played "casually" well into the future, those that stick with the game casually aren't near the level of most the players on this site and won't offer any challenge. All I and a lot of the other seasoned posters on this board care about is the competitive scene, but we definitely understand this game wasn't made for us. Playing "casually" only remains fun for so long...

Top Bottom