• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North WoZ Presents: SMASHACRE - Super Smash Bros Wii U Tournament

WoZ Presents: SMASHACRE - Super Smash Bros Wii U Tournament
Posted by Warrior of Zarona
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer

Click here for the Facebook Event Page.

Venue Fee: $10
1v1 Entry: $10
2v2 Entry: $10

Setup Discounts:

Wii U + Game: $2 off Venue fee
Wii U + Game + TV: $5 off Venue fee

All characters and stages MUST be unlocked. This includes all DLC.

You can also bring setups for friendly-only setups, but you will not receive the venue discount. Please let me know if this is the case. When tournament matches start, all setups aside from friendly setups must end immediately.

Tentative Schedule:

11AM: REGISTRATION
12PM: 2V2 START
4PM: 1V1 START

All scheduling is subject to change. Please be prompt with your matches when it is announced.

Stream:

I'm pleased to announce that ClashTournaments will be streaming our event! SMASHCRE has always had a great relationship with Chibo and Clash, and we look forward to working with them again for this event!

Prize Payouts:

10 players or less:
1st: 80%
2nd: 20%

11 or more players:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

RULESET:

Game version: US Nintendo Wii-U
Game Settings:
Singles: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 in finals matches)
Doubles: 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 in finals matches)
Starting Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Town & City, Dream Land
Counterpick Stages: Duck Hunt, Lylat Cruise, Umbra Clock Tower
Note: All Omega stages are banned.
Additional Rules:
Custom moves are DISABLED.
Amiibo’s are banned.
Loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system is FORBIDDEN unless approved by the organizer.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
Order of events:
Pick characters, then stage striking.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.
Each player may make one Mii Fighter of each type (Brawler/Gunner/Swordfighter) during a set when they intend to use them. They may only use a system default Mii with any special combination of their preference. The appearance or equipment may not be altered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey folks! I'm Warrior of Zarona, but my friends call me WoZ for short. I'm a prominent NJ SSBM TO that's been around since 2006. I've been out of the scene for awhile, and people have been asking me when I can run more events. And to tell you the truth. I've always had the itch to do more.

I've been given a special opportunity to run one in Bensalem, PA! This will be my first Super Smash Bros Wii U event. My goal in running this event, just as always, is to have an awesome and chill time with a game we all love to play.

Some people may be asking - why not Melee? Melee is the game I was mainly known for, and while this game won't be present, I'd like to expand to include it in the future. For now, I'd like to focus on getting familiar with the Smash 4 community and it's rulesets.

The one thing I always ask for everyone to be respectful to each other. Please listen to the assisting TO's when asked to stop matches, and try to be on time when your matches are announced. And hey, as long as you're having a good time, so am I.

Right now, since this is the first SMASHACRE of its kind, please share this event as much as possible. Your support is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. You can also hit me up on twitter @WarriorofZarona.
I'll see you guys there!

- WoZ

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Added:

General Rules:
Game version: US Nintendo Wii-U
Game Settings:
Singles: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 in finals matches)
Doubles: 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 in finals matches)
Starting Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Town & City, Dream Land
Counterpick Stages: Duck Hunt, Lylat Cruise, Umbra Clock Tower
Note: All Omega stages are banned.
Additional Rules:
Custom moves are DISABLED.
Amiibo’s are banned.
Loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system is FORBIDDEN unless approved by the organizer.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
Order of events:
Pick characters, then stage striking.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.
Each player may make one Mii Fighter of each type (Brawler/Gunner/Swordfighter) during a set when they intend to use them. They may only use a system default Mii with any special combination of their preference. The appearance or equipment may not be altered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom