• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

D

Deleted member 189823

I know it'll be at E3, but just wait 'til it actually comes out. Just look at what we saw before it was coming out, tons of delays.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I know it'll be at E3, but just wait 'til it actually comes out. Just look at what we saw before it was coming out, tons of delays.
Good point. I'd rather wait than be told something then have it change and be delayed. This way they'll have a good foundation and hopefully work out the kinks without being rushed for a deadline.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
I've been floating around long enough so I guess I should introduce myself to my fellow Bowser players :). I'm Sarcastic White Mage ( or SWM for short). I try to use and learn everyone in the game but I main Bowser, and I wouldn't say I'm great with him ( since I really lack in player experiences) but I'm not bad with him either. I have learned a lot on playing him thanks to you guys, and I hope to keep learning more and get to know some of you guys as well ^_^.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hey, it looks like i'm not the only newcomer then, nice to have you! Even though I'm barely here.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
Hi SWM :). I'd play wifi sometime if you want.
That would be awesome, I'll make sure to come by here when ever I get the chance to play ^_^.

Hey, it looks like i'm not the only newcomer then, nice to have you! Even though I'm barely here.

thank you and the same here -another reason why I never gotten around introduction myself- but I'ma try to be a little more active then usually.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I've got a little bit of bowser tech skill under my belt... gonna go back and study a bit now that I'm a little more active on wifi again

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
if you want to I could play you on wifi or something in a couple of weeks.

I'm probably terrible at Brawl now though I haven't touched this game on a regular basis in months and don't plan to lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been busy and playing monster hunter in free time but I'd still wifi in Brawl. I play several characters.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
had nothing to do this saturday so i went to a tourney. getting 4th out of 25. Still losing to swordgard tough... ally and holy placed better than me too. oh well not too bad for someone who havent played for months...

Rizen

Smash Legend
^good work :)
If any Bowsers want to wifi, I'll play sometime. It could help improve my Bowser.

D

Deleted member 189823

You know guys, I never really left Bowser.
Also Razen, I am interested. I started playing wifi at the AiB latter. Zero recommended me to.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
So um yeah. I'm deciding Bowser may be a character I want to pick up, but partially to keep this alive:

Yeah, cute little ol me at 1 year old as King Koopa. I'm more of a fan of Bowser Jr., but eh, this is as close as I can get. I'm going to need some major help since I suck with slow characters D:

D

Deleted member 189823

The problem lies on using and thinking of Bowser as a "slow" character in the first place.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
And you're right. I chose from a wrong choice of words there. I've definitely seen people play him at light speed before. What I actually meant to say was heavy. I'm used to light characters jumping around the map like Tigger or something and using a heavier character might pose as a challenge for me. I apologize Swei.

D

Deleted member 189823

There's no need to apologize at all. If anything, I apologize if I made it seem like I was correcting you in a defensive manner...or something like that.
Anyway, yeah. It's somewhat common for newer players to mistake things like that (light characters = fast, heavy = slow). Snake is kind of an example of a fast and very heavy character. He runs kind of slow, and alot of his moves have ending lag (namely his aerials), but all of his useful moves are incredibly fast for the power they pack. The DACUS also helps his mobility alot.
Reguarding Bowser, I think alot of newer players trying him out have the issue with their mobility. They move him so stiffly and use his moveset the wrong way (most new Bowser players I've seen tend to use his slower moves have a ton of ending lag).

Also, your avatar is so funny.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Not at all. No need to worry. And yes, I'll admit, although I've been playing Super Smash for years, I'm actually really new to the whole scene and don't know very many basic techniques that many players know. Like DACUS, I've heard of it before, but I just had to look up what it was. I believe I have seen it before.
But yes, I think I'm used to using player who are generally lighter or somewhat balanced, so using a heavy character is a bit of challenge for me.
And thank you! I have no idea what else to put up at the moment for my avatar so I just wanted to pick something funny. I can assure you I'm not a troll though, lol.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hey guys, been while, I was at the respect the tech tournament yesterday, did not place well unfortunately but I had fun. What's new around here?

Calm_Animal

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calm_Animal
will playing Wifi match against help u improve in Brawl and sup guys the name Calm Animal i started replaying again this year.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
hi again

seems like a lot of the old folks aren't posting anymore. unfortunate

it's cool to see some new players though. i would warn all of you that bowser isn't really worth your time but i'm sure if you're any bit like how i was it probably doesn't matter to you

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529

sup. most visually appealing character in the trailer imo, they re-did his **** good

MrEh

Smash Hero
My **** was rock hard when I saw the dropkick. Hopefully it replaces his Dsmash and not his Fsmash though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^or dash attack. TBH I don't like Bowser's look as well but it's closer to Mario games so it's cool.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
hi again

seems like a lot of the old folks aren't posting anymore. unfortunate

it's cool to see some new players though. i would warn all of you that bowser isn't really worth your time but i'm sure if you're any bit like how i was it probably doesn't matter to you

I've been playing as Bowser since melee, and sadly learned this the hard way.

O and since every else is talking about it, that dropkick looks godlike! really love his visual a lot as well <3.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It looks like they fixed Bowser up a lot visually and physically. His running speed actually looks faster than what he has in Brawl.

I'm excited to try and see the changes and I know MrEh is also, especially since we've gone so in depth with Bowser in this game.

Even if he's still bad, it looks interesting.

also mario and luigi dream team = glad i got a 3ds when i did.

sony presentation = rip my wallet, ps4 all the way

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
Man I completely forgotten about Dream team, now I have to get a 3DS o.o. speaking of Sony, even though I'm more of an xbox fan I have to say....Sony kicked there ass badly, might even end up getting ps4 ( which is a shame because I really want to play KI).

SSWT-Rose

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Bowser players.

I've been watching this forum for a while and I finally plucked up the courage to go and create an account.

That said, I'm really liking the new Smash Bros. Trailer and especially what they did to Bowser. His dropkick looks really cool, I can imagine someone trying to air dodge to the ground and then getting booted in the face because of that move. Also but is it me or does his ground Down B look faster?

Damn, all I need now is some money so I can buy a PS4 and a Wii U lol.

link2702

Smash Champion
out of all the things i saw in the smash bros trailer, bowser seemed like the only one who got any justice done to him.

aside from the fact that..well his new idle animation seems goofy and off...

BUT just from what i've seen so far bowser got a crapload of buffs.

Unfortunately this does not make me believe sakurai will truly try to focus on character balance this time, as it seems he still doesn't have a clue at what a lot of characters need...take poor link for instance, from what i saw they just reverted his recovery back to being as bad as it was in SMASH64!....:| they took the character with the worst recovery in the last game.....and made it even worse....

also lol...main page of SWF is down....apparently its getting hit hard here. hence the reason i am posting this in the bowser boards...somewhat to say gratz to the bowser fans as you're main juts might be useful now....but also cuz i really can't post anywhere else here atm ._.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont know why people keep whining about Link, they didnt show anything of his outside of Up B, his dash attck (which is better now), and fsmash. Up B has less recovery potential, but its MUCH stronger and Link will most likely still have zair to recover with which could be be better. Also, Link is all about short hop aerials, projectiles, and zair, none of which they showed at all, so really we have NO IDEA anything Link is capable atm. You're just judging him off a worse recovery (which might actually be better when we see zair changes and such), a move which got slightly buffed, and the first hit of a smash attack. Lol.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
From what i've seen bowser has a new dash attack (one footed slide, like marios, but he leans WAY THE HELL BACK. Because of that it might be semi-safe for a dash attack )
New neutral air where he flails everywhere. Probably does multiple hits and drags the opponent with him by it's looks.
Annnnd dat drop kick. <3

Here's too hoping he might be good this time around.

If anything his new appearance is awesome~ <3

link2702

Smash Champion
I dont know why people keep whining about Link, they didnt show anything of his outside of Up B, his dash attck (which is better now), and fsmash. Up B has less recovery potential, but its MUCH stronger and Link will most likely still have zair to recover with which could be be better. Also, Link is all about short hop aerials, projectiles, and zair, none of which they showed at all, so really we have NO IDEA anything Link is capable atm. You're just judging him off a worse recovery (which might actually be better when we see zair changes and such), a move which got slightly buffed, and the first hit of a smash attack. Lol.
giving link a better recovery is a must, its the main thing that really holds him back from being any good.

all the other tiny buffs they might of giving him are more or less irrelevant if he can still be knocked off stage and then killed relatively early and easy. And considering now that his spin attack has even less height than before, it means he can more than likely be taken out EVEN FASTER...

I doubt they improved his hookshot at all, not enough to make up for his lousy up special anyhow.

even then, its still the point that sakurai keeps missing the point of what exactly some characters need. the number 1 thing that holds link back has always been his recovery, and its the one thing that sakurai seems to keep nerfing more and more and more when it needs the opposite.

Rizen

Smash Legend
1 why are we talking about Link here? I thought I was on the wrong thread lol.
2 Link's recovery was improved slightly:
Rizen said:
Nice picture and video. What did you use to capture those?

I don't think it's the same; it takes the same time but if you only look at the left picture:

Brawl Link's upB could not start under the 3rd platform up and go that far above the 4th platform up or even land on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vQD1yJinzeQ#t=354s
as Link fell he was completely under that platform when he started. If Link has the same ledge snap distance he could recover about as high as Ganon's upB now.

Let me put it this way: Link started under platform 3, his final height had between 2 and 3 Link body lengths in between the start height. Keep in mind my game was wifi with some lag too.
(Link players are very analytic and sensitive to detail, lol)

3 Link's lag holds him back more than recovery.

4 New Bowser moves don't necessarily mean he's buffed. Simularly Link keeping his moveset doesn't mean he'll be bad if his stats are buffed. Link actually has good tools.

Top Bottom