• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Choice

Smash Champion
ah kk, sounds nice. hopefully the weather has mellowed out by the time the summer rolls by. i dont understand any of what has happened in the past 5 days.

tornado, thunderstorm, hail storm, bright and sunny, super windy, light mist, etc.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, the weather in LA was PERFECT until Sunday. It literally rained all day. Cold, freezing rain.

WTF, Cali?

Choice

Smash Champion
yea the weather has just been really weird this year. i think its been much colder than usual, hopefully the same doesnt hold true for summer but heat-wise. although bay-area never gets hot.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
The four seasons in Australia consist of "**** it's hot", "Can you believe how ****ing hot it is?", "I won't be in today because it is too ****ing hot" and "Yes, the dinner plate size spiders come inside to escape from the heat. That is a ****ing whopper though."

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I started by watching KingKong and Vex's videos, followed by all of Limit's.

I also recommend practicing GR ftilt and GR Klaw.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think I've got the GR Klaw down.
What's the buffer window for moves out of GR, if any?

MrEh

Smash Hero
There's a small buffer window. Not sure how big it is. Here's some general advice concerning Bowser.

Grab Releases
Once you get the grab releases down, always remember that you are in control of how your opponent breaks out of your grab. If you pummel your opponent right before they break out of your grab, they will always ground release. Simply pressing pummel as fast as possible isn't efficient. Pay attention to your opponent's percent and how their mashing. You can use that information to adjust your pummel speed and to force them to release the way you want to. For example, if you hear your opponent rotating their joystick, you can force them to air release by stopping your pummels before they break out. In short, you should always get people to release the way you want to. With practice.

Upward Angled Ftilt
Extremely useful at stopping air approaches. Marth spamming Fair? Punch him in the face.

Jab
Your grounded move of choice. Comes out fast (for Bowser), has deceptive range, and is pretty safe when spaced. Spam this ****.

Klaw
Everyone uses the Klaw differently outside of grab releases. Find a use that fits your playing style.

Fortress
Did you shield your opponent's attack? Your option is clear.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Any practical uses for neutralB?

At WHOBO3, I was playing a lot of Bowser (not in low tier, sorry Ziggy :( ), and something I found to catch a lot of people off guard while I was edgeguarding was to purposely misspace so that I was closer to the ledge, then retreat into a pivot neutralB.

I mean, it tacked on damage, so I thought it was decent, but is there any practical use for it? Is it incredible in any certain match up?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Grab Releases
Once you get the grab releases down, always remember that you are in control of how your opponent breaks out of your grab. If you pummel your opponent right before they break out of your grab, they will always ground release. Simply pressing pummel as fast as possible isn't efficient. Pay attention to your opponent's percent and how their mashing. You can use that information to adjust your pummel speed and to force them to release the way you want to. For example, if you hear your opponent rotating their joystick, you can force them to air release by stopping your pummels before they break out. In short, you should always get people to release the way you want to. With practice.
I find it funny this still works vs everybody lol.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's not incredible in any particular matchup. However, I find that spaced fire in BURSTS is a good harassing tool and tacks on small amounts of damage throughout the match. If it's safe, why not do it right?

And you can shoot fire at people on ledges too. lol

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Fire is best used randomly tbh, because people will NEVER expect it, most people forget Bowser has it!

Chad, I love you and I'll see you in a few months hopefully!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, I rarely use Fire Breath. Pretty much randomly, like Vex said.

Pivot Fire Breath when someone rolls behind you is pretty funny. People never expect that, haha.

MrEh, would that be a "The Sandlot" reference? :)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I dunno man. PhantomX has pictures of me and him...SLEEPING TOGETHER.

Dun dun duunnnnn!!!

Here's hoping. It would be really cool if you could come down. Especially since this will be our last HSI.
We will have similar pictures.... I promise!

And yea, would be nice to see the hawaii scene, especially you.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm really baffled as to why they called it Dragon Age >2<. This game couldn't be less of a sequel. Any Zelda game, besides the first two, feel like more of a sequel than Dragon Age 2. It's only vaguely related to game. In fact, nothing you did in Origins has any significant impact on Dragon Age 2 whatsoever. The few little references they actually have are little more than cameos.

AND WHY IS THERE NO AUTO ATTACK?! D:

Also, I saw Phelous's look at The Human Centipede... Now I can never unsee what I have seen...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/phelous/30302-the-human-centipede

EDIT: A true patriot right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0msQb5SiPSI

Shök

Smash Champion
JayDeth just reminded me of some of the "disturbing" movies out there like Human Centipede, Cannibal Holocaust, ect. Smh.

Choice

Smash Champion
fire breath makes it harder for other characters to breath around bowser too caz it uses up all the O2 in the air around them. =o

Choice

Smash Champion
i actually really enjoy playing bowser, for reals. i would not mind playing him in low tiers, but i like samus, link and CF so much already too =/

i'd play him in midtiers maybe, but wolf already is allowed in those, so its like how can i pass that up?

D

Deleted member

I can't play Bowser at all, unfortunately.

My Bowser plays like my Wolf and I space with Fair. Doesn't seem to work as well, lol.

Choice

Smash Champion
bowsers fair is too legit. its almost like wolfs bair. honestly i enjoy his bair the most though out of all his moves.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
a lot of people like bowser but there are a lot of better characters/characters they decided to immediately go to before actually seriously looking at bowser and what he has to offer.

it's been a constant issue since the start of brawl lol

but yeah. I think Bowser's FAir honestly doesn't compare to Wolf's bair at all. I love Wolf's BAir and I think it's extremely good. Bowser's is too slow but it works. It's his main aerial for forward momentum and things like that. It's a quick swipe and it's good to have. ...I take that back, klaw is his main aerial for like...everything, but FAir has its purposes as well and it does the job pretty nicely.

His BAir is amazing. I love it, and it's my favorite aerial if...we don't count klaw as an aerial but as a special move i guess.

Top Bottom