• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks, guys! I'm really pleased with how I did this tournament. I'm also crazy happy I made money in Waseda doubles with Bowser.

I got a few videos. Don't think any of my singles matches were recorded, but I've got a few Waseda doubles, a friendly against DPhat, and a MM set with Illmatic.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Thanks, guys! I'm really pleased with how I did this tournament. I'm also crazy happy I made money in Waseda doubles with Bowser.
Waseda doubles are godlike. It's sooo fun getting paired up with someone you've never played with before. In Hawaii, there's two major groups. Odo Faction, and GSM. I'm the underdog in my group, and I ended up getting paired with the underdog of GSM.

We somehow won. :/

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Zig puttin' in work.

Also, I'm intrigued by these Waseda doubles. I'll bring it up with the rest of NC, and see what they think about it.

MrEh

Smash Hero
You really should. Even if people are skeptical at first, you should really try to push for it.

Once they try it, they'll love it. Guaranteed.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We ended up tweaking Waseda slightly due to time restraints. Instead of it being 2-man crews, we just made it doubles. It might have even been more fun that way--Texas LOVES doubles.

Also, Bowser's up B is broken in teams.

Flayl

Smash Hero
What's the worst MK can do to Bowser if he gets hit by the first part of a grounded DownB? I'm interested in knowing if the trade-off would be worth it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
im only kidding zigsta you know that

what i would REALLY love is if the rockets got the 8th spot over the grizzlies
Rockets are such booty.

Ain't that right, ULTIMATERAZER?!

@Flayl--I'm not sure, but I can test this week.

Flayl

Smash Hero
You don't need to, only reason I'm asking is so I'm not doing unnecessary work. I'm actually too curious to wait for an answer anyway lol

edit: Just did it. The "good news" is MK can't UAir out of the 2nd hit of bowser bomb, it'll trade (obviously in favor for Bowser). The bad news is if he airdodges he can pretty much do anything lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Isn't that the case with everyone? It is nice knowing you wont eat a UAir though.

I really need to get around to cobbling together that tournament like I said I was. I keep getting asked about it by random people now and then and it's making me feel guilty as I haven't thought about it much. x_x

Choice

Smash Champion
that's interesting that uair trades. so then if the mk has a habit of attacking after being hit, you gain from at least the first down b.

Choice

Smash Champion
its caz of all the pony avatars, for reals. infested the site code.

B!squick

Smash Master
Yahtzee IS right though. That electric gym leader was such BS. I'm on it right now actually. Thinking about leveling my Rogenrola or whatever it's called.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Pokemon gyms have been like that over the past few years. There's always at least one pokemon with a secondary typing to throw you off like water, water, water, water/ground for example.

B!squick

Smash Master
At least there you have Grass that's uber pwnage against Water/Ground.

HERE your only, I repeat, only option for countering the Electric critters is COMPLETELY NEGATED BY THE SECONDARY.

What's worse, is that Grounds are immune to Electrics. Now, you may not think thats a bad thing, but that means that they'll never use electric attacks... including Volt Switch... which is actually beneficial to you because it resets their evasion after they use Double Team every other attack at least.

In other news, anyone remember this show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3e-2uOWZCQ

I use to watch it all the time back in the days of yore when UPN existed. I don't know why so many people made fun UPN. I use to watch shows on there all the time. Star Trek. Home Movies. Shasta McNasty. Viper. The Hughleys. Oh man, Viper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIHb6x6lDw

Hm, seems it was on NBC. Coulda swore I saw it on UPN.

More nostalgia for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNsjjYRgjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt59rjadYeI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YmnG2pzVgQ&NR=1

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
True but I wouldn't go into that gym with straight ground types in the first place haha. She wasn't a problem for me for some reason :S I think it's because I used Gigaith which is pure rock but knew earthquake or some other ground move. Plus I used Stealth rock and iron defense to avoid dying and chip away health whenever volt switch was used

Top Bottom