• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
All right, guys, time for me to look like an idiot again.................

Remember all of that carefully written bull**** I wrote about dropping Bowser? That's what it really was: bull****. I can't believe I went through with such a decision, even if it was for one tourney. At this tourney, I was true to my previous words and didn't use Bowser at all. I was performing slightly better (despite my last place finish, lol. I lost close sets to players equal to me.), but there was a problem............

I felt empty, like I was having less fun. I previously said that I liked all three characters that I have played, and that's still true. My love for Bowser is the greatest, though. Remember when I said that love was beginning to be not enough? Well, that's also bull****! Love is all you need. I was aiming for a balance between fun and progress/effeciency, but I've realized that fun is just plain more important to me.

In other words, I'm bringing back Bowser, but this time, I want to MAIN him. I want to use him in most of my matches. I realize he sucks, and I realize he may hold me back, but he is the fighter that I want. Enjoyment is the most important thing, and progress won't ever even have a chance of coming to me without enjoyment in full swing first, imo. If you're not having fun at a tourney, then why even go? Bowser is my favorite character in this damn game, so why not play him? If I'm not performing well with him (as I've written in my previous long post), then that just means I need to get better with him! What I said about "clicking" is bull****. I just haven't learned his game as well as I thought I did.

Overall, I'm back in Bowser business, and this time I want to go the extra mile regarding my usage of him. With my previous post and now this one, I bet you guys are either facepalming, laughing, cringing, or all of the above. If you're doing any of those things, I deserve it. I've been making myself look like a fool with this brief period of flip-flopping.

TL;DR - I'm using Bowser again, and I look like a moron for flip-flopping, but this is what I really want.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Greetings Bowser forum.

Recently started playing again, only to find my bowser has been outperforming my Ike! Would definitely like to learn some things and improve, I have some videos I could show at some point for critique, but for now I wanted to drop by to say hi!

:phone:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My Genesis pool is Choice, KingD, ALK, and Stealth Raptor.

Do you guys know who KingD and ALK use?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Greetings Bowser forum.

Recently started playing again, only to find my bowser has been outperforming my Ike! Would definitely like to learn some things and improve, I have some videos I could show at some point for critique, but for now I wanted to drop by to say hi!
Hello again!

Zigsta: Choice plays Falco and Wolf.

B!squick

Smash Master
My god, EVE Online has got to be the most BORING game I've ever "played". They should rename it: Menus: The Game. And the trailer would go something like: In a world where a single click did something...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Missed pools by one spot, but barely.

2-0'd a MK and a Ness, then got 2-0'd by Choice and Logic. Got 2-0'd by a ROB. Did 60% to start off last stock but SD'd. :/ Then I played Stealth Raptor. Game 1 he barely beat me on SV--I was silly and challenged Pika's fsmash with Klaw. Took him to BF game 2 and 3 stocked him. I was SUPER focused. Unfortunately I didn't save it--game 1 was too long to be saved, and I didn't wanna be a **** and save game 2. Game 3 I beat his Samus on FD.

It basically came down to me getting 2-0'd by the ROB. I need more practice in the MU, I'm afraid.

Right now I'm trying to get MMs in. Infinity and I are 2-1 in high/low teams MMs right now. X and I are about to MM, and mikeHAZE and I will on livestream today. I'll let you guys know when.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Against ROB, I'd think it'd be best just to be aggressive with Fair and ftilt, especially at kill percents since ROB focuses on aerials in mid range fights and they have a laggy start up time, at least that's what I do with Diddy and his fair.

D

Deleted member

Ah, that's right. Forgot you had Choice in your pool.

Who did he use against you?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Wolf game 1, Falco game 2.

Choice says he thinks Stealth and I have the same record-- if so I get the 3 seed since I won the head-to-head. I asked the TO about it and he said they haven't figured it out yet.

Top Bottom