• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
The more I play MW2, the more I realize Halo 3 is a much better game multiplayer-wise. Custom games. Custom levels. Just for fun social match types. Being able to chat with the other team in said match types. Head shots actually mattering. The ability to play an objective based game type and not have that over hanging evil of the knowledge that if anyone gets a 24-25 killstreak (much easier with objectives) the game is over in the most ******** way possible. MUCH FEWER AND LESS FREQUENT disconnects and lag. The awesomeness of being able to record games or get screen shots from any angle or perspective.

So, yeah, I'll still play MW2 from time to time, but I think I'll stick to Halo if I want to shoot some dudes. I have even more reason to do this now that they've freed up many of the game types to those of us (me) that don't have the money some of the maps.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I still play Halo 1. 16 player CTF is still one of the most amazing things in gaming.

Competitive? No. Fun? Hell yes.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Bowser ***** today and was also invincible(243% ftw). I'm very happy. Hopefully I'll remember how I DIed like that.

But I still hate ROB&Wario. They make me work too hard. u_u'

Also why are there no Brawl Bowser **** videos other than the two(three?) that are gathering dust on youtube? I'd make one if I had the equipment. >_> But I don't.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well, to answer the question of "why aren't there any **** Bowser vids"

There...well, assuming by "Bowser **** video" you mean combo video, I mean Bowser doesn't really have...combos. lol. I mean, it's possible to make one but I don't really see Bowser as a combo character. Yes, he does have defensive and offensive capabilities but he isn't as combo-ey as Wario per se. We still need that Bowser boards combo video though <_< Would vex still record it even though he mains Pit now?

B!squick

Smash Master
Pit? I thought Vex was emo about not winning tournies. Why'd he go Pit of all characters? O.o

Also, besides a compilation of Ixis jab canceling or grab release follow ups from everyone, there's not much in the way of combos. The closest you can get with Bowser would be several full matches strung together with comic book visual effects to the tune of your choice of non-main stream metal or orchestral number.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
...vex...mains Pit now...
Excuse me...what? I hope you're. joking. >_>

Anyway, back to the Bowser vid issue.

I'm well aware that Bowser isn't very "combo-y" like other characters, but none of you have footage of a string of attacks/reads that lead to a KO? I have three or four *really* good strings, and a bunch of decent two-four hitters. Like you said, it's hard to do anything *like* a combo with Bowser.

Now what's this I hear about a Bowser board combo vid? Can I be in even though I just started posting recently? >_>

Also forget jab cancel/grab release. I got: Klaw-> upsmash -> uair(bait air dodge) -> bair -> fire->footstool->kill. Beat that. (who wants the replay?)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh, okay. That's understandable then. Play any character enough and they can be boring, sadly. Even Meta Knight.

Klaw-> upsmash -> uair(bait air dodge) -> bair -> fire->footstool->kill.
Awesome combo. Can't get a better combination than good reading and bad DI. XD

EDIT: Also, Bowser Board combination vid has been on hold since the idea came to fruition through a clever combination of our global laziness.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
...Bowser is becoming boring and adding on the fact that hes only a mid tier makes using him silly. He's my secondary however.
I'm dissapointed. It's your choice though so I won't rant.

But.

Using Bowser is *not* silly. I don't care how many supurb smashers win with higher tiers. p: Bowser is serious business.

Oh and in responce to JD's (what I'm assuming is sarcasm):

That's mean why would you question the awesomeness of my string of attacks? D:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm dissapointed. It's your choice though so I won't rant.

But.

Using Bowser is *not* silly. I don't care how many supurb smashers win with higher tiers. p: Bowser is serious business.
It's silly to use him if hes mid tier and boring. If I'm not having fun, what am I doing other then repping the character?

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
It's silly to use him if hes mid tier and boring. If I'm not having fun, what am I doing other then repping the character?
Oh well that's different. I thought you were implying that it's silly to use Bowser against people who use higher tiers or that he's a bad choice for competitive play. P: Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I use him because he's my favorite character in the roster. I'd drop him in a heartbeat if Ridley was in though :-x

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh and in responce to JD's (what I'm assuming is sarcasm):

That's mean why would you question the awesomeness of my string of attacks? D:
I was being truthful. Good reading and bad DI is the best combo in the world, hands down. Though not as good as bacon and salt, sadly.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Apparently my friend tried to chaingrab a Charizard but instead ate a Fly.

Can anyone explain why?

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
I was being truthful. Good reading and bad DI is the best combo in the world, hands down. Though not as good as bacon and salt, sadly.

:D It's like salt...but with bacon! :D

I use Bowser because I've been an avid Bowser fan since Super Mario Bros. and SM64. I've always wanted to play as him in any game that'd let me.

Also f-smash is ultra-pro.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Apparently my friend tried to chaingrab a Charizard but instead ate a Fly.

Can anyone explain why?
Charizard is like the easiest character to chaingrab. If this happens to your friend consistently he might want to give up on chaingrabbing altogether.

Flayl

Smash Hero
No that's the only game posted so far with Bowser, he might have played with him in unrecorded matches though.

What happened to using Bowser VS Falco?

Not that I'd recommend it if you want to win lol.

Gotta love those "miracle" klaws you do Vex. I have a hard time beleiving Marth is an almost even matchup based on that vid :-(

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Marth is actually a pretty manageable matchup. Maybe not dead 50-50 but it's relatively even lol. Vex's "miracle klaws" are just him abusing klaw's grabbing mechanisms (the frames and range). I've seen like every Bowser main do it at least once lol

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
hi. Bowser is real and deserves a community combo vid or something. just sayin lol

Flayl

Smash Hero
I do them myself... Hence the quotation marks. Vex just times it better than anybody I've ever seen.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I honestly think the matchup is 55-45 marth's favor not 60-40 from playing against Bowser a lot

Vex you play pit? I've never seen a good pit but yours is amazin :D keep up the good work.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Man i was watchin some vids of KINGKONG

wow hes SUPER good. who better between him and vex?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Man i was watchin some vids of KINGKONG

wow hes SUPER good. who better between him and vex?
I honestly think I'm better, but I will admit he really is good and needs to travel. He does have an awful air-dodging habit but will break it with time, hes mad skilled afterall ^_^

Top Bottom