• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Startup speed shouldn't matter though, the total frames should. Total frames include the startup.

Fair ends the fastest. If two Bowsers got knocked away at the same time, the Bowser who Fairs will regain control 8 frames before the Bowser who airdodges.

I'm pretty sure it's been proven that airdodging does nothing to your aerial momentum. And since it does nothing, it would seem that the Fair would be superior. Unless the Fair gave you momentum acceleration or something, but that would be silly.
****ing, AIRDODGE AND AERIALS DO NOT EFFECT MOMENTUM, THEY HELP YOU REGAIN CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTER. Jumps, B moves, and Gliding effect your momentum, AIRDODGE AND AERIALS DO NOT.

Airdodge can happen several frames faster out of hitstun then aerials, which is why its better.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
omg he tripped into your attack! i totally wasnt expecting that at all

lulz lulz lulz, adjective noun is adjective, shouldnt you have a mudkip or slowpoke avatar or something

Flayl

Smash Hero
"Brawl wasn't intended for competition"

There, fixed it.

If you want wifi matches you should post in the wifi thread we have going on.

Also please keep your channery where people appreciate it :)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I told you guys.

I told you twice.

Gen told you three times.

I mean, it doesn't affect your momentum but if you want to live I'm sure you could just airdodge. The only problem is, who's going to remember/convince their muscle memory that airdodging is actually good >.>

swordgard

Smash Hero
****ing, AIRDODGE AND AERIALS DO NOT EFFECT MOMENTUM, THEY HELP YOU REGAIN CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTER. Jumps, B moves, and Gliding effect your momentum, AIRDODGE AND AERIALS DO NOT.

Airdodge can happen several frames faster out of hitstun then aerials, which is why its better.
Eh, some of this is actually wrong. Feel free to spread misinformation though.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Eh, some of this is actually wrong. Feel free to spread misinformation though.
Then I guess Kprime is wrong, because your definitely the most intelligent person around right? Unless I'm misunderstanding Kprime.

Maybe I can get Kprime to post when he gets on later.

B!squick

Smash Master
Speaking from personal experience, I've lived longer using any aerial than I ever have with air dodge. Obviously I'm not doing it right though, inb4 someone saying such.

EDIT: Also, swordgard made a guide for DI and recovery. I believe I posted a link in my guide, but no one reads my guide anyway, so I'm not surprised.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Doesn't aerial + fastfall reduce momentum? So that would make fair + fastfall during fair superior to airdodge.
Your airdodging to live longer horizontally, which you don't need to fast fall to do, you just need to stop your horizontal momentum and change directions as quickly as possible. Aerials are better Vertically, airdodge is probably better horizontally.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Um...I don't think this needed a seperate thread >_>

Cool video I guess. It just shows how ******** Brawl can be lol

If you think the Bowser boards are dead, be of use and post often. kkthx.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG OKAY before this gets into a massive argument about what move is better for what, just forget about it. You guys just do whatever you want to survive when you're hit lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I can tell Vex is getting extremely annoyed...well he seems like it. (lolcaps)

Unless someone actually makes a video or tests both the airdodge and the aerial it's just going to be a back & forth argument. Some are in the favor of the airdodge and others are in the favor of the aerial and both have valid reasons.

Not to generalize the chart because it should be focused on Bowser, but notice how Bowser isn't the only character with an airdodge labeled as his best option >.>

Vex what does KPrime say about all of this stuff anyway?

B!squick

Smash Master
Chart doesn't explain why though. swordgard DOES explain why AD is bad for most characters and what you need to know to find out your best recovery option.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah...all of the posts flipped onto each other lmao. Oh well, no one will notice if you don't say anything---

...OWait.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I lol'd. It would be cool, yet useless if Bowser could momentum cancel with UpB like Donkey Kong does.

Btw:

DeviantArt's pretty cool.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Can I ask how/why Bowser and the Hulk would mate? I'm sure they're both guys >___________________>;;

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, I have officially given up on MW2. It's terrible. I've told people for a long time that it's terrible. BUT, I still played it. And the only reason why I did was because people actually died when I shot them, unlike Halo 3, a game that's in every other way superior with the exception of the campaign. But no longer is that enough to keep me playing. Server connection time outs. Always finding a new host. Enemies disregarding my gun fire.

Once I shot someone with 2 three shot bursts from a gun that was powerful enough that they should died as I was close enough that I didn't miss. Indeed I died. The kill cam revealed why. Turns out I didn't shoot at him at all.

.... I guess the game must have been lying to me. Or my eyes...

In a recent game I died suddenly and the kill cam revealed that an enemy had respawned, walked ten steps to the left and found me lying prone with my back to him. As Yahtzee once said, "As the exasperated Chinese zookeeper said to the last male panda in the world, **** THAT!" *points to female panda*

@Flayl: Not me. :(

Top Bottom