• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wrestling (WWE, TNA, etc)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
This is one of those dream matches that nobody ever thought would really happen.

Don't know how many people here follow WWE or maybe used to, but the match is seriously hype now.

At 1st I really didn't want the rematch to happen unless it was in a Cell (Which I thought would never ever happen)

Undertaker is currently 19-0 at WM, do you guys think he time has come?

Or will he win and disappear?

I honestly can't see him bowing out any other way than losing to HHH.

But it would be sad to end such an amazing streak.

Both of them have been in more Cells than anyone else, so they kow how to make a good match.

I think it SHOULD steal the show, apart from The Rock vs Cena. :p

What are your thoughts?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This belongs in Media Metropolis (TV show etc).

To answer your question though with the lock because I'm nice. It is not a dream match for me. We've seen HHH vs Taker at Mania twice already. If HHH ends the streak, I expect people the bumrush the ring and try to stab him. Seriously, that man has achieved enough accolades in his career. Sure he's a good wrestler and I was always entertained by him over the years, but he should NOT be the one to end the streak.

Ending the streak should be reserved for the appropriate people like maybe a future legend that needs a certain something to get over. Like for example instead of lame "Viper" Orton, if he'd beaten Taker back at Mania, his Legend Killer gimmick would have been complete.

Anyway, there is no point in the Hell in a Cell, since WWE is now a lot more safety conscious, and they are both ****ing old, I highly doubt the Cell will even factor in at all more than a couple face rakes, catapults, and some steel step shots.

BAH GAWD KING THE BRUTALITY

In any case this entire thing makes me unhappy. Also fun fact Undertaker shaved all his hair off and will reveal the new look at Mania.

Edit: Come to think of it I'll just move it.

Pikaville

His hair isn't actually that short apprently.

It's slightly longer than it was when he 1st came back as The Phenom against Kane at WM.

Their match last year was epic as hell (bar the last 5 mins)

This one will be much the same with more carnage I imagine.

They are both legends and there is no way they won't make the match something very special IMO.

I totally agree that HHH shouldn't win, he had a few years as top dog all by himself.

He has enough.

I'm gonna call it now, Undertaker is gonna tombstone HHH through the ring and send him to hell and will never be seen again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't keep up with the WWE much anymore, but I figure the last time Taker and HHH squared off, it was because HHH was trying to "avenge" Taker for beating Shawn Michaels into retirement. I thought that would have been an appropriate win, but because he lost...he has no reason to win this one either.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
I had stopped following wrestling up until about 5 days ago. The last time I really was following wrestling was when Undertaker beat Shawn Michaels at Wrestlmania. When I heard about this years match and the the past year I just think HHH won't beat Undertaker. 20-0 is how he's probably going to end his career because he is getting old-ish.

Pikaville

Oh my god so true!

Bryan is stil a decent wrestler, but his character is really annoying now.

He just stole the Bison meme and became whiney.

The Jericho/Punk promo on RAW this week was pretty good.

The Rock was also awesome as always.

I'll turn this into a general wrestling thread then.

For the millions! (AND MILLIONS!) of WWE fans.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Man, I used to watch wrestling way back during the alliance, my favorite eras are definetly from 2001 through 2004, afterwards I reduced my interest but watched from time to time, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg were beasts I tell you, better than some of these newer guys.

Of course Stone Cold, The Rock and the nWO were the best back then.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Three things that turned me away from wrestling...

1. Story lines got super repetitive.
2. No longer were there actual title matches unless it was PPV
3. Lack of true violence reduced.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That was my single contribution on what I think of WWE, course now that I did that, I have no more reason to post here

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
That was my single contribution on what I think of WWE, course now that I did that, I have no more reason to post here
We can't enjoy both? Both are entertaining. I stick around the WWE for the personalities (like Dolph Ziggler, his enthusiasm and general cockiness is just awesome) and flashy moves, and stick to UFC when I want to see someone really fight. One is not simply "manlier" than the other ha ha, both parties work hard just to put their bodies on the line for the entertainment of people.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Can we make this a general wwe thread? Because I'd love to talk about how much Daniel Bryan sucks now.
THAT'S THE POINT OF A HEEL BROTHER THE KID'S WORKING YOU LIKE HE'S SUPPOSED TO EVEN THOUGH THE HULK THINKS HE'S WAY TOO SMALL TO MAKE IT TO THE BIG TIME BUT HEY IF HE PUMPS SOME IRON AND KEEPS WORKING MARKS LIKE YOU JACK THEN MAYBE THERE'S HOPE FOR HIM YET.

Oh my god so true!

Bryan is stil a decent wrestler, but his character is really annoying now.

He just stole the Bison meme and became whiney.
I AGREE BROTHER I MEAN LOOK AT SHEAMUS HE'S GOT ZERO CHARISMA AND ISN'T REALLY A GREAT WORKER IN THE RING BROTHER BUT WHO NEEDS TALENT WHEN YOU'VE GOT A JACKED BODY LIKE THAT MEAN GENE? SHEAMUS 10/10 WOULD PUSH BROTHER.

The Jericho/Punk promo on RAW this week was pretty good.
I REMEMBER KEEPING THAT KID IN THE CRUISERWEIGHTS IN WCW WHERE HE BELONGS JACK.

The Rock was also awesome as always.
NOT AS AWESOME AS THE HULKSTER BROTHER WRESTLEMANIA X8 THE FANS STEPPED UP DUDEJACK THEY SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE, THEY REMINDED ME BROTHER, "YOU'RE HULK HOGAN!" DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE WWE TELLS YOU TO LIKE JACK HULK WILL ALWAYS RULE MEAN GENE.

I'll turn this into a general wrestling thread then.

For the millions! (AND MILLIONS!) of WWE fans.

SHOULD MAKE THIS A HULKAMANIA THREAD BROTHER BECAUSE THE HULK IS WRESTLING.

Three things that turned me away from wrestling...

1. Story lines got super repetitive.
2. No longer were there actual title matches unless it was PPV
3. Lack of true violence reduced.
THE REAL REASON YOU STOPPED WATCHING WAS THE LACK OF HULK HOGAN BROTHER.

Real men watch UFC, not some violent drama story.
PUT A "P" IN FRONT OF YOUR NAME AND THAT'S WHAT I THINK OF YOU BROTHER.

HOGAN TO BREAK THE STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA 29 WATCH THE FANS GET ON THEIR FEET SCREAMING JUST LIKE PONTIAC SILVERDOME WRESTLEMANIA III WHEN I SLAMMED THE 70 000 KILOTON GIANT BROTHER.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
so i just found this thread

no way undertaker is losing, imagine how much merchandise can be sold with "20-0" stamped on it?

my best bet is a bit like what akuma said - tombstone, lights go out, nothing left in ring but unconscious hhh and taker's hat/jacket

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Shawn Michaels is guest referee though you never know brother.

If it were anyone else facing Underrtaker (OTHER THAN THE HULKSTER RIGHT HERE ALSO) then yeah it'd be an obvious loss, but Triple H has always wanted something to really cement his legacy over others, because he's not got the most world championships, he was never the guy, and I think it bothers him.

It's not necessarily of Triple H, he's just an ambitious guy whose most famous achievement is probably crotch chops and riding tanks to WCW with Shawn Michaels, the dude wants a legacy.

He's got the stroke brother and he might use it jack, not to mention the Undertaker has wanted the streak to end for really long and McMahon has refused, so yeah this is a funny situation because for the first time the streak is in doubt, but I would agree that they CAN'T kill the streak jack.

ROCK PROMOS WAY BETTER THAN CENA'S BROTHER, THAT CENA PUNK THINKS HE CAN BE THE NEXT HULKSTER BROTHER HAPPY SMILING CHEERY FOR 20 THOUSAND YEARS BUT WHEN THE HULK WENT TO WCW AND TURNED HEEL HE ALMOST PUT VINCE MCMAHON OUT OF BUSINESS BROTHER.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
no legacy? i remember the days when triple h looked like this:

triple h will probably go over hard by getting screwed somehow like shawn doing slow counts and such, however as large as mr. ache's ego is they've always respected undies and would want the streak to stay alive. pretty sure taker only wanted to lose the streak to an up-and-comer anyway

ALSO rock's promo's are LAME now, as i can only see him as a huge hollywood a-hole who only shows up sporadically to take everyone's money

RISE ABOVE HATE

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah but Shawn Michaels = first grand slam champ HHH 2nd.

Flair has most world title reigns, will probably be outstripped by Cena and Orton.

Let me tell you something about Rock's promos, he is trying to build a sense of seriousness and intensity when he cuts his promos, when he's in the ring he doesn't do all the fast talking and if ya smells because unlike Cena, he's actually trying to put across a story.

Last night's promo, all Cena did was smile and make goofy faces the entire time when Rock was staring him in the face trying to cut a serious promo. Cena ALWAYS no sells the **** out of everything, always making stupid faces and saying lame **** to kill the intensity of everything.

Rock and Stone Cold, two guys who made their careers out of TALKING, would spend like a minute just staring holes through each other in the ring. They actually bled intensity, and as much as Rock is trying to get something out of Cena (it's not just Rock, lots of people do this), Cena just ****s it up by being a ****ing goof.

AND THAT'S WHY JOHN CENA WILL NEVER BE THE HULKSTER BROTHER, AND WHY HE WAS NEVER READY FOR THE MAIN EVENT JACK.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
rock's promos - completely disregarding his sanctimonious video promos for the moment - are pretty ****ing bullocks. you can have all the seriousness, intensity and charisma in the world, but it all means less than yesterday's jam if you aren't actually saying anything.

john cena ****ing murdered rock last week when he came out during the promo and was like: "cool, you’re funny and stuff, but i’m going to destroy you at wrestlemania, deal with it” and bailed. that's phenomenal and rock has never recovered, responding to all john cena's points with: "UR GAY LOL".

but i completely agree that cena no sells **** by looking like a happy clown, but ****, when all the rock has is: "HERE IS MY HEIGHT AND WEIGHT AND YOU'RE A *****" i can completely understand cena cracking up.

CENATION FOR TRUE #BESTINTHEWORLD

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
rock's promos - completely disregarding his sanctimonious video promos for the moment - are pretty ****ing bullocks. you can have all the seriousness, intensity and charisma in the world, but it all means less than yesterday's jam if you aren't actually saying anything.

john cena ****ing murdered rock last week when he came out during the promo and was like: "cool, you’re funny and stuff, but i’m going to destroy you at wrestlemania, deal with it” and bailed. that's phenomenal and rock has never recovered, responding to all john cena's points with: "UR GAY LOL".
No it was just same old **** then leaving the ring because obviously he won't actually face Rock and decides to walk away. All he ever does is say the SAME thing about how Rock doesn't care oh Rock isn't there every day. That's ultimately implying that how much you show up is equal to your level of talent, which is the dumbest thing in the world. I don't care how much Rock cares, as long as he's entertaining, which he is, far more so than Cena.

but i completely agree that cena no sells **** by looking like a happy clown, but ****, when all the rock has is: "HERE IS MY HEIGHT AND WEIGHT AND YOU'RE A *****" i can completely understand cena cracking up.

CENATION FOR TRUE #BESTINTHEWORLD
Remember when Rock first came back and completely destroyed Cena at everything? Remember at Survivor Series where in one single chain of moves The Rock showed more ring flexibility and talent than Cena has his whole career? The WWE is trying to make Rock look bad because they want a 50/50 split in the crowd an Mania, which is stupid because instead of just playing to the strengths of the general sentiments, they're just trying to tank Rock and protect Cena somewhat.

I understand Cena is the future and they want to protect him in some senses, it makes sense, but ****, at least if they led him up to a heel turn it would be good, but no, they just keep up SAME OLD ****.

Cena vs Kane, I mean COME ON, they literally brought Kane back, set him up as a monster heel just to be fed to Cena like an afterthought. The worst part? It achieved NOTHING. Same old Cena I IS WHO I IS RAHZ ABO' DA H8 YEA YEA.

Not to mention how Kane ****ing chokeslammed him through a table, and he just no sells that by getting up fresh as a daisy, giving Kane the FU, then celebrating like a monkey on crack.

I have been sick to death of this ****ing spastic since 2006, and it's not even the fact that it's the Rock facing him, I just want SOMEONE to go over him for once, and Rock also represents the era of my childhood, the era that actually took wrestling to astronomical levels. I was glad that Punk beat Cena, now I just Cena to lose cleanly for once in his ****ing life so we can see something new.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
All he ever does is say the SAME thing about how Rock doesn't care oh Rock isn't there every day. That's ultimately implying that how much you show up is equal to your level of talent, which is the dumbest thing in the world. I don't care how much Rock cares, as long as he's entertaining, which he is, far more so than Cena.
i don't follow that line of logic: cena has openly admitted that rock is one of the best kayfabe wrestlers ever, and he has a momentous task in front of him. his beef with rock working part-time is that rock is hypocritical for saying he was coming back and never leaving, before leaving. the rock has presence yes, but i legitimately cannot get behind his promos. for example him paying out cena's garden gnome when he has his own garden gnomes coming out of the fourth dimension:

Remember when Rock first came back and completely destroyed Cena at everything? Remember at Survivor Series where in one single chain of moves The Rock showed more ring flexibility and talent than Cena has his whole career?
nup. i honestly have to assume you got sucked in by nostalgia and a hype-*** crowd, because what i remember rock doing at SS was 3 arm drags and the crowd going off their head with 'YOU STILL GOT IT' chants. you have to justify a lot of the stuff he does too, like a god-awful sharpshooter.

also i'd recommended looking up cena's indy work, he has a lot more wrestling ability than people give him credit - but like you hinted at he has to be protected because he's vince's cash cow and they don't wnat him hurt.

The WWE is trying to make Rock look bad because they want a 50/50 split in the crowd an Mania, which is stupid because instead of just playing to the strengths of the general sentiments, they're just trying to tank Rock and protect Cena somewhat.
agreed. not to mention wrestlemania is in ****ing miami, you can dress up rocky as heath slater and he'll still have 95% of the cheers.

I understand Cena is the future and they want to protect him in some senses, it makes sense, but ****, at least if they led him up to a heel turn it would be good, but no, they just keep up SAME OLD ****.

Cena vs Kane, I mean COME ON, they literally brought Kane back, set him up as a monster heel just to be fed to Cena like an afterthought. The worst part? It achieved NOTHING. Same old Cena I IS WHO I IS RAHZ ABO' DA H8 YEA YEA.

Not to mention how Kane ****ing chokeslammed him through a table, and he just no sells that by getting up fresh as a daisy, giving Kane the FU, then celebrating like a monkey on crack.

I have been sick to death of this ****ing spastic since 2006, and it's not even the fact that it's the Rock facing him, I just want SOMEONE to go over him for once, and Rock also represents the era of my childhood, the era that actually took wrestling to astronomical levels. I was glad that Punk beat Cena, now I just Cena to lose cleanly for once in his ****ing life so we can see something new.
i can see where you're coming from, but i'd rather see the bloke who does 3 gorillion make-a-wish's a year and works day in day out go over the rock who's basically a hack right now for multiple reasons. i mean it does not take skill or talent to make people chant things if you say: 'hey guys we're going to chant xxx after i say ready set go!', hornswoggle could come out and say: 'A-BOR-TION' in a chanty voice and people would follow. 'kung-pow chicken *****' is meaningless and would only work if cena was asian. i could go on. yeah cena has trouble selling a ****-load of things, but that's kayfabe and he's basically the goddamn terminator. you might say the situation is the better of two bads, but goddamn rock is insufferable to me right now.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
i don't follow that line of logic: cena has openly admitted that rock is one of the best kayfabe wrestlers ever, and he has a momentous task in front of him. his beef with rock working part-time is that rock is hypocritical for saying he was coming back and never leaving, before leaving. the rock has presence yes, but i legitimately cannot get behind his promos. for example him paying out cena's garden gnome when he has his own garden gnomes coming out of the fourth dimension:
Never leaving didn't mean he was wrestling every week. Maybe it was poorly phrased, but the fact that he has a constant looming presence means he hasn't gone away. Also it's funny because every older wrestler who sticks around is constantly chastised for staying around past their prime and holding everyone down. Rock is coming back to draw some more money and put over the new generation, and all he's getting is a "OH ROCK YOU DON'T CARE COME BACK FULL TIME"

nup. i honestly have to assume you got sucked in by nostalgia and a hype-*** crowd, because what i remember rock doing at SS was 3 arm drags and the crowd going off their head with 'YOU STILL GOT IT' chants. you have to justify a lot of the stuff he does too, like a god-awful sharpshooter.
Don't forget La Magistral, something Cena wishes he could do. I'm not saying Rock is some in ring god, but we all know full well his selling ability and his in ring grace and athleticism far outstrip Cena's. Rock's movements flow amazingly, and he brings a lot to the in ring in terms of psychology and intensity. My frustrations with Cena aren't really Cena hate, they're frustrations that the man can deliver so much more. Seriously, his debut against Angle was better than pretty much every match he's had on Raw for like the past year.

also i'd recommended looking up cena's indy work, he has a lot more wrestling ability than people give him credit - but like you hinted at he has to be protected because he's vince's cash cow and they don't wnat him hurt.
I know, but even still they're not a match for The Rock's.

agreed. not to mention wrestlemania is in ****ing miami, you can dress up rocky as heath slater and he'll still have 95% of the cheers.
One thing to note is that Miami has a crap crowd. They're not Chicago or NYC, it may be entirely possible that they could get a split crowd. In any case I'm just sad that it isn't somewhere like Madison Square Garden or Allstate Arena.

i can see where you're coming from, but i'd rather see the bloke who does 3 gorillion make-a-wish's a year and works day in day out go over the rock who's basically a hack right now for multiple reasons.
You do realise he does those Make A Wishes because WWE is part of the foundation, and he's the most requested, right? It's not because he's going out of his way to make everyone happy. I mean granted it's a nice thing to do, but whoever's the top face of the company will end up granting lots of wishes.

Also I like how people call Rock a hack, when basically every movie he stars in turns a large profit, something never managed to accomplish. All that crap with The Marine and Legendary and however many Cena movies, they TRIED to force Cena into the mainstream and make him cool, and it didn't work. I am sick of people wanting people who are NICE AND WORK SO HARD get some sort of reward when that's no substitute for talent. Shawn Michaels was a piece of **** in the 90s, like, a bigger piece of **** than any of the worst people in WWE's locker room now combined. You know what? He was also amazing, and I would have rather had him in the main event than someone boring but nice irl. The funny thing is, Rock cares more about WRESTLING than Cena.

You know why? He actually follows ALL the promotions. Yes that includes TNA and Ring of Honor, something Cena probably does not. Don't believe me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-x7ilFiiM

He also tweeted and commented on Kevin Steen from ROH, and talked about Bobby Roode and stuff.

Cena may LUHHH DA WWE, but The Rock loves wrestling.

i mean it does not take skill or talent to make people chant things
Yes it really, really does. You know how many wrestlers try to get chants over and can't? The Rock just makes it look easy. Seriously, when you can make the crowd chant really stupid stuff like Fruity Pebbles, Kung Pao *****, and basically any random thing that comes out of your mouth, that's a gift. Few wrestlers can actually hold a crowd in the palm of their hand, if they could, Rock coming back wouldn't be a big deal, he wouldn't be lauded as the best mic worker, and this match probably wouldn't have been set up.

if you say: 'hey guys we're going to chant xxx after i say ready set go!', hornswoggle could come out and say: 'A-BOR-TION' in a chanty voice and people would follow. 'kung-pow chicken *****' is meaningless and would only work if cena was asian. i could go on.
The fact that he got the crowd to chant that is an achievement. No Horswoggle couldn't get that to happen. You can't get people to chant stuff easily unless you have the gift of gab.

yeah cena has trouble selling a ****-load of things, but that's kayfabe and he's basically the goddamn terminator. you might say the situation is the better of two bads, but goddamn rock is insufferable to me right now.
No it is not kayfabe. Kayfabe is him overcoming the odds. Superman is not an underdog who overcomes odds, Superman is god on Earth.

The person who's meant to be the goddamn Terminator is Kane who took 3 tombstones at his first Wrestlemania to beat, is 7 foot tall, threw Big Show over the top rope in the Royal Rumble, slammed Great Khali at mania (scoop slam is much harder than FU), but no, apparently all he dishes out is nothing comparent to a glorified fireman's carry.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Never leaving didn't mean he was wrestling every week. Maybe it was poorly phrased, but the fact that he has a constant looming presence means he hasn't gone away. Also it's funny because every older wrestler who sticks around is constantly chastised for staying around past their prime and holding everyone down. Rock is coming back to draw some more money and put over the new generation, and all he's getting is a "OH ROCK YOU DON'T CARE COME BACK FULL TIME"
putting over the new generation? because yeah, he has wrestled once in a tag-team match the past year against miz and rtruth; and he did a swell job of legitimising them as threat by getting hit what, 3 times the whole match? i think he fell done ONCE the whole match.

the rock explaining that by 'i'll never leave' was code for 'i'll only leave SOMETIMES' is fine, but cena started throwing things in like: 'you don't show up AND you're underestimating me AND you speak in babytalk AND you're pretending to be the rock, but you're not anymore, you're dwayne johnson. rock doesn't refute that with anything. rocky took out his catch-phrases and glitz upon cena's request and all he got was 'here is my height and weight you *****'. last raw rock tried to copy cena by showing up in the middle of the promo, making a quick point then bailing. instead of being visibly shaken and rambling aimlessly about ROCK THE DWAYNE JOHNSON, cena told him to blow it then celebrate with the fans. rock has nothing anymore, he's not entertaining, he's not the man and he has no talking points. this is why i can't get behind the point that cena is somehow less entertaining than rock.

Don't forget La Magistral, something Cena wishes he could do. I'm not saying Rock is some in ring god, but we all know full well his selling ability and his in ring grace and athleticism far outstrip Cena's. Rock's movements flow amazingly, and he brings a lot to the in ring in terms of psychology and intensity. My frustrations with Cena aren't really Cena hate, they're frustrations that the man can deliver so much more. Seriously, his debut against Angle was better than pretty much every match he's had on Raw for like the past year.
i'm not doubting rock might be a slightly better wrestler than cena, but cena can still put on damn good show like he did against punk at MITB (dave meltzer gave a 5 star rating which is the first in like, forever).

Also I like how people call Rock a hack, when basically every movie he stars in turns a large profit, something never managed to accomplish. All that crap with The Marine and Legendary and however many Cena movies, they TRIED to force Cena into the mainstream and make him cool, and it didn't work. I am sick of people wanting people who are NICE AND WORK SO HARD get some sort of reward when that's no substitute for talent. Shawn Michaels was a piece of **** in the 90s, like, a bigger piece of **** than any of the worst people in WWE's locker room now combined. You know what? He was also amazing, and I would have rather had him in the main event than someone boring but nice irl. The funny thing is, Rock cares more about WRESTLING than Cena.

You know why? He actually follows ALL the promotions. Yes that includes TNA and Ring of Honor, something Cena probably does not. Don't believe me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-x7ilFiiM

He also tweeted and commented on Kevin Steen from ROH, and talked about Bobby Roode and stuff.

Cena may LUHHH DA WWE, but The Rock loves wrestling.
by that logic shawn michaels must absolutely hate wrestling because he's been quoted saying he's never watched more than half a tna show in his life. that still has no bearing on how good a wrestler he is, or how much he loves wrestling. the rock can love wrestling all he wants, but that won't make him a good wrestler, nor does it imply that cena loves wrestling any more or less than the rock. this is backed up when i recall a promo cena did about a ear ago saying that while he loves the wwe, he's completely prepared to go to tna if vince sold-out.

Yes it really, really does. You know how many wrestlers try to get chants over and can't? The Rock just makes it look easy. Seriously, when you can make the crowd chant really stupid stuff like Fruity Pebbles, Kung Pao *****, and basically any random thing that comes out of your mouth, that's a gift. Few wrestlers can actually hold a crowd in the palm of their hand, if they could, Rock coming back wouldn't be a big deal, he wouldn't be lauded as the best mic worker, and this match probably wouldn't have been set up.
right because i remember christian, one of the biggest heels at the time, got a crowd to chant "one more match" simply by saying it in a chanty voice. i'm not doubting that rock has charisma and can hold the world in the palm of his hands, but at this point it's making people drink the rocky cool-aid, because what he's saying has absolutely NO SUBSTANCE AT ALL. the rock needs to actually say something to cena's points other than 'you are a homosexual' before wrestlemania.

The person who's meant to be the goddamn Terminator is Kane who took 3 tombstones at his first Wrestlemania to beat, is 7 foot tall, threw Big Show over the top rope in the Royal Rumble, slammed Great Khali at mania (scoop slam is much harder than FU), but no, apparently all he dishes out is nothing comparent to a glorified fireman's carry.
er that's how it works. kane was being built up as a monster when he started his career, and now that he's over all he wants to do is put over everybody else. this is probably why he'll lose to randy at wrestlemania and helped mark henry get over. and fyi, that fireman's carry is pretty goddamn amazing - especially if you can do it do a 450 pound Big Show and Edge at the same time.

#cenation

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
putting over the new generation? because yeah, he has wrestled once in a tag-team match the past year against miz and rtruth; and he did a swell job of legitimising them as threat by getting hit what, 3 times the whole match? i think he fell done ONCE the whole match.
The whole idea is that it's happening at Wrestlemania. Also it is true that he didn't take many bumps that match, but he did take a couple and he at least offered up some enjoyable spots. Not to mention, The Rock had to look like he was a prime threat for Cena going into Wrestlemania, he has to look like he can still go in the ring so the hype for the match increased.

the rock explaining that by 'i'll never leave' was code for 'i'll only leave SOMETIMES' is fine, but cena started throwing things in like: 'you don't show up AND you're underestimating me AND you speak in babytalk AND you're pretending to be the rock, but you're not anymore, you're dwayne johnson. rock doesn't refute that with anything. rocky took out his catch-phrases and glitz upon cena's request and all he got was 'here is my height and weight you *****'. last raw rock tried to copy cena by showing up in the middle of the promo, making a quick point then bailing. instead of being visibly shaken and rambling aimlessly about ROCK THE DWAYNE JOHNSON, cena told him to blow it then celebrate with the fans. rock has nothing anymore, he's not entertaining, he's not the man and he has no talking points. this is why i can't get behind the point that cena is somehow less entertaining than rock.
This is just texbook silliness. First it's "all he does is a bunch of if ya smells and trashtalking", then when he decides to get serious "oh he's not even The Rock anymore". What's funny is that The Rock's ENTIRE CAREER was based on him throwing puerile insults at everyone during promos and interviews.

i'm not doubting rock might be a slightly better wrestler than cena, but cena can still put on damn good show like he did against punk at MITB (dave meltzer gave a 5 star rating which is the first in like, forever).
Yeah and that's what ultimately pisses me off about Cena. He literally just pisses all over his own potential.

by that logic shawn michaels must absolutely hate wrestling because he's been quoted saying he's never watched more than half a tna show in his life. that still has no bearing on how good a wrestler he is, or how much he loves wrestling. the rock can love wrestling all he wants, but that won't make him a good wrestler, nor does it imply that cena loves wrestling any more or less than the rock. this is backed up when i recall a promo cena did about a ear ago saying that while he loves the wwe, he's completely prepared to go to tna if vince sold-out.
Your original gripe was about Rock not caring about wrestling, all I did was refute that. You're saying loving wrestling doesn't make you a better wrestler, which is absolutely true. However, Rock is better in ring AND he still and always has loved wrestling. So yeah, let's not start bull****ting our way out of the fact that your initial statement was unfounded and presumptous and basically just buying into Cena's worked shoot promos. Also that promo was another worked shoot that was just riding off the coat tails of Punk's infamous July promo, where basically WWE was trying to protect Cena after Punk accused Cena of kissing Vince's arse, so they decided to make Cena look like he doesn't care for Vince.

right because i remember christian, one of the biggest heels at the time, got a crowd to chant "one more match" simply by saying it in a chanty voice.
Biggest heels of all time? What? No. Besides Christian is a huge smark favourite and is actually charismatic.

i'm not doubting that rock has charisma and can hold the world in the palm of his hands, but at this point it's making people drink the rocky cool-aid, because what he's saying has absolutely NO SUBSTANCE AT ALL. the rock needs to actually say something to cena's points other than 'you are a homosexual' before wrestlemania.
Because "candy ***", "if ya smell", "monkey crap" etc had so much substance too right? Also you heard the parts of Rock's promos where he constantly references how everyone is sick of having Cena shoved down their throats? Of course not you just blocked that out. He even called Cena Superman, but this of course flew over heads. Thing is, they don't want Rock to go to town on Cena. They want a 50-50 split, and Rock is arguably the most popular wrestker of recent history maybe Stone Cold could rival him for that. Point being, Rock verbally annihilating Cena isn't exactly going to help is it?

er that's how it works. kane was being built up as a monster when he started his career, and now that he's over all he wants to do is put over everybody else.
Yes indeed, sadly that rub could have been really nice for a wrestler who, you know, needed it. Cena doesn't need to be put over, he's the ****ing face of the company and has been so for 7 years. How about building up Kane and letting him put over someone who actually needs it?

this is probably why he'll lose to randy at wrestlemania and helped mark henry get over. and fyi, that fireman's carry is pretty goddamn amazing - especially if you can do it do a 450 pound Big Show and Edge at the same time.

#cenation
Again I disagree with him losing to Orton. It's already happened, and besides that, Orton is kayfabe cream of the crop, he doesn't need it.

And a fireman's carry is still just a fireman's carry.

I can understand someone not even being thrilled at The Rock, but Cena, omg, how can you support that guy? Jesus I'd take like 3/4 of the current roster over Cena's current gimmick.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hm, kickstarter seems to be a fairly popular website, given this is the third one I've seen.

Hey Hulk, would you like to release an official statement for SWF?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...asnt-just-brunette-I-running-wild-months.html
It's for one of the best wrestlers in the business to get his story out there. If WWE wanted to make even a cent off their dead WWE Films, they should buy his stuff and make it into a real life Wrestler movie, with it ending with him getting a job doing something for them with his condition.

It won't happen. One of the coolest things in his blog is when he was excited that Danielson won the World Title despite he never getting to that level. That's pretty awesome.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The whole idea is that it's happening at Wrestlemania. Also it is true that he didn't take many bumps that match, but he did take a couple and he at least offered up some enjoyable spots. Not to mention, The Rock had to look like he was a prime threat for Cena going into Wrestlemania, he has to look like he can still go in the ring so the hype for the match increased.
looking like a prime threat doesn't have to entail pissing all over what was supposed to be the biggest threat in the wwe - miz and truth. you can be made to be seen as threat without only taking ONE bump and forcing 2 guys to be an afterthought.

This is just texbook silliness. First it's "all he does is a bunch of if ya smells and trashtalking", then when he decides to get serious "oh he's not even The Rock anymore". What's funny is that The Rock's ENTIRE CAREER was based on him throwing puerile insults at everyone during promos and interviews.
i am completely fine with 'if ya smells and trashtalking'. what my gripe is he has no ability to refute points. swear i've made this clear.

Your original gripe was about Rock not caring about wrestling, all I did was refute that. You're saying loving wrestling doesn't make you a better wrestler, which is absolutely true. However, Rock is better in ring AND he still and always has loved wrestling. So yeah, let's not start bull****ting our way out of the fact that your initial statement was unfounded and presumptous and basically just buying into Cena's worked shoot promos. Also that promo was another worked shoot that was just riding off the coat tails of Punk's infamous July promo, where basically WWE was trying to protect Cena after Punk accused Cena of kissing Vince's arse, so they decided to make Cena look like he doesn't care for Vince.
wut

what initial statement? i never asserted rock doesn't love the actual wrestling. the dude was probably ****ing born inside a wrestling ring. my initial point was that the rock is a big hollywood a-hole who only shows up sporadically to take everyone's money. i'm sure he loves the actual wrestling, i'm damn sure he cares about money more as he only showed up to talk about twitter or promote a movie or two.

Biggest heels of all time? What? No. Besides Christian is a huge smark favourite and is actually charismatic.
yeah i agree. hence why i didn't say he was one of the biggest heels of all time, i said he was one of the biggest heels at the time. he was the biggest heel of smackdown when he was feuding with randy. and dude ****ing c'mon, he was a bad guy, started every sentence with YOU PEOPLE and generally insulted everyone. if someone like that can start a chant, anyone can.

Because "candy ***", "if ya smell", "monkey crap" etc had so much substance too right? Also you heard the parts of Rock's promos where he constantly references how everyone is sick of having Cena shoved down their throats? Of course not you just blocked that out. He even called Cena Superman, but this of course flew over heads. Thing is, they don't want Rock to go to town on Cena. They want a 50-50 split, and Rock is arguably the most popular wrestker of recent history maybe Stone Cold could rival him for that. Point being, Rock verbally annihilating Cena isn't exactly going to help is it?
'unfounded and presumptous' statements aside, no, i completely heard rock when he said that he hated cena being shoved down people's throats. which is funny coming from the guy who shoves twitter down everyone's throats. thing is, cena has to be top dog because he damn well is top dog. he sells a ****-ton of merc, and half the audience generally want him. of course he's going to be hanging around in the main-event, and if teenage smarks don't like that's a price they're damn willing to pay.

Yes indeed, sadly that rub could have been really nice for a wrestler who, you know, needed it. Cena doesn't need to be put over, he's the ****ing face of the company and has been so for 7 years. How about building up Kane and letting him put over someone who actually needs it?

And a fireman's carry is still just a fireman's carry.
cena can't sit on his *** for a few months before wrestlemania, he needed to feud with someone huge before facing rock. kane fit the role.

mark henry. kane put over mark henry.

also a firemans carry is not just a firemans carry when you're fireman carrying like 700 pounds of human flesh. dude is crazy strong, and you can't tell me rock bottom looks so much more devastating than the fu. just be thankful he finishes the carry well, over something as pitiful as the wastelander.

I can understand someone not even being thrilled at John Cena, but The Rock, omg, how can you support that guy? Jesus I'd take like 3/4 of the current roster over The Rock's current gimmick.

i mean the dude essentially ****-blocked cena - taker at wmania.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
looking like a prime threat doesn't have to entail pissing all over what was supposed to be the biggest threat in the wwe - miz and truth. you can be made to be seen as threat without only taking ONE bump and forcing 2 guys to be an afterthought.
Miz has been in the doghouse backstage for a good while and Truth had failed a drugs test, that's what really killed them.

i am completely fine with 'if ya smells and trashtalking'. what my gripe is he has no ability to refute points. swear i've made this clear.
Cena's only point is "u sed u was comin bak nd u aint here every day lyk i is"

He replied to that well enough.

what initial statement? i never asserted rock doesn't love the actual wrestling. the dude was probably ****ing born inside a wrestling ring. my initial point was that the rock is a big hollywood a-hole who only shows up sporadically to take everyone's money. i'm sure he loves the actual wrestling, i'm damn sure he cares about money more as he only showed up to talk about twitter or promote a movie or two.
Lol @ implying Rock is doing WWE because of the money. You do realise one movie gives him enough money to live like a king for lifetimes over, right? He's doing wrestling because he LIKES WRESTLING, he enjoys it, the pay day is ****ing minute compared to what he could make if he spent that time on another movie, not that he really needs it, he just bought a $4million mansion so pretty sure he's not strapped for cash.

yeah i agree. hence why i didn't say he was one of the biggest heels of all time, i said he was one of the biggest heels at the time. he was the biggest heel of smackdown when he was feuding with randy. and dude ****ing c'mon, he was a bad guy, started every sentence with YOU PEOPLE and generally insulted everyone. if someone like that can start a chant, anyone can.
But Christian is a fan favourite regardless of his kayfabe role.

'unfounded and presumptous' statements aside, no, i completely heard rock when he said that he hated cena being shoved down people's throats. which is funny coming from the guy who shoves twitter down everyone's throats. thing is, cena has to be top dog because he damn well is top dog. he sells a ****-ton of merc, and half the audience generally want him. of course he's going to be hanging around in the main-event, and if teenage smarks don't like that's a price they're damn willing to pay.
Lol tbh I think teenagers like Cena, since today's teenagers weren't even conscious pre Cena. And yeah, Cena sells a lot of merch to kids, and you know what? So did Stone Cold. Stone Cold also had an appeal that transcended age boundaries. I know that WWE is trying to market to kids and Stone Cold is a character that doesn't fit that bill now, but most of the problem with Cena is his nonsensical booking.

We're constantly told to believe he's somehow SOMEHOW overcoming some sort of odds. Every ****ing person who steps in the ring with Cena is fighting not to get buried. I usually hate to use the word bury to describe what happens to people who lose a feud, but when you're built up to main event just to be thrown back to insignificance without any sort of payoff, you have been buried, or at least all your momentum has.

For example when Cena was kayfabe fired, they basically kill it by him coming back STRAIGHT AWAY and attacking Nexus. Like, really? WWE had this golden ticket to push something exciting FOR ALL AGES, but no, Cena has to come in and Superman the **** out of everyone. You know, taking out an entire stable on his own.

Being the poster child for WWE's family friendly BA STAR crap, starting off a hoeski chant, accusing her of having STDs. Yeah, because bullying a woman and leaving her a crying heap in the ring is a really great message to send out to kids. Okay. Then of course an hour later "DON'T B A BULLY YALL B A STAR NAHMEA?"

**** you

cena can't sit on his *** for a few months before wrestlemania, he needed to feud with someone huge before facing rock. kane fit the role.
Kane is not huge, sadly he's been the big red jobber for like the past 8 years, only time he got any rub was his feud with Undertaker, then they ****ing ruin him with the whole PAUL PAUL PAUL.

mark henry. kane put over mark henry.
Before the whole resurrection thing which evoked memories of original masked monster Kane. I agree though I'm glad Henry got put over after FIFTEEN YEARS, I BEEN HELD DOWN FO FIFTEEN YEARS. SOMEBODY GON GET DEY *** KIK

also a firemans carry is not just a firemans carry when you're fireman carrying like 700 pounds of human flesh. dude is crazy strong, and you can't tell me rock bottom looks so much more devastating than the fu. just be thankful he finishes the carry well, over something as pitiful as the wastelander.
Ezekiel Jackson is probably stronger than Cena, and there's a reason why he's called Ezekiel "Piss Break" Jackson on the internet. I know Cena is strong and that's cool, sadly his move is just a slightly modified version of a very common low impact wrestling move, so it's just a bit eh. Rock Bottom isn't a great finisher either, but you get the impression that Rock is putting all his strength into the slam, whereas the FU just lets gravity do the damage. Also his STF is possibly the most atrocious version of that move I've ever seen. I could do a better job of the STF than him, by you know... actually giving the impression I'm putting some level of torque on the victim's body instead of just hugging their face with my forearms and going AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can understand someone not even being thrilled at John Cena, but The Rock, omg, how can you support that guy? Jesus I'd take like 3/4 of the current roster over The Rock's current gimmick.
The Rock doesn't have a gimmick lol, that's possibly what's causing the issue.

i mean the dude essentially ****-blocked cena - taker at wmania.
I would rather watch Kelly Kelly vs Snooki than Cena Taker at Mania because we all know Cena would either go over Taker or not lose cleanly, thus pissing on Taker's legacy.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
McGuiness is 8k away from his goal. I pledged $50.

Does anyone watch ROH?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Miz has been in the doghouse backstage for a good while and Truth had failed a drugs test, that's what really killed them.
that still doesn't excuse the fact that rock ****ing annihilated any credibility they had. drugs test might have been the final nail in the coffin for truth, but miz was always ****ing hated even when he was on his title run.

Cena's only point is "u sed u was comin bak nd u aint here every day lyk i is"

He replied to that well enough.
yeah, for about half a year that's all cena said, except as i've stated since then cena's shaken up his talking points: ''you don't show up AND you're underestimating me AND you speak in babytalk AND you're pretending to be the rock, but you're not anymore, you're dwayne johnson'. rock doesn't refute this with anything other than derogatory comments about cena being gay. it's not good enough. he got the same crowd who did his sing-alongs to chant 'tooth fairy'.

Lol @ implying Rock is doing WWE because of the money. You do realise one movie gives him enough money to live like a king for lifetimes over, right? He's doing wrestling because he LIKES WRESTLING, he enjoys it, the pay day is ****ing minute compared to what he could make if he spent that time on another movie, not that he really needs it, he just bought a $4million mansion so pretty sure he's not strapped for cash.
i'm sure he's not strapped for cash either, however you can never have too much. he comes back, promotes movies and shouts TWITTER at everybody to get more exposure and more people to see his movies. the wwe crowd is of course a MASSIVE audience with millions watching. so the thing is, if the guy only loved wrestling, he'd only come back and wrestle. if he only came back for the wrestling, why has he only wrestled once in the past year?

But Christian is a fan favourite regardless of his kayfabe role.
fan favourites don't get jeered for months on end.

Lol tbh I think teenagers like Cena, since today's teenagers weren't even conscious pre Cena. And yeah, Cena sells a lot of merch to kids, and you know what? So did Stone Cold. Stone Cold also had an appeal that transcended age boundaries. I know that WWE is trying to market to kids and Stone Cold is a character that doesn't fit that bill now, but most of the problem with Cena is his nonsensical booking.

We're constantly told to believe he's somehow SOMEHOW overcoming some sort of odds. Every ****ing person who steps in the ring with Cena is fighting not to get buried. I usually hate to use the word bury to describe what happens to people who lose a feud, but when you're built up to main event just to be thrown back to insignificance without any sort of payoff, you have been buried, or at least all your momentum has.

For example when Cena was kayfabe fired, they basically kill it by him coming back STRAIGHT AWAY and attacking Nexus. Like, really? WWE had this golden ticket to push something exciting FOR ALL AGES, but no, Cena has to come in and Superman the **** out of everyone. You know, taking out an entire stable on his own.

Being the poster child for WWE's family friendly BA STAR crap, starting off a hoeski chant, accusing her of having STDs. Yeah, because bullying a woman and leaving her a crying heap in the ring is a really great message to send out to kids. Okay. Then of course an hour later "DON'T B A BULLY YALL B A STAR NAHMEA?"

**** you
Your original gripe was me apparently telling you that Rock does not care about actual wrestling, all I did was refute that. You're saying John Cena buries people and gets a lot of attention which is absolutely true. However, Cena is more entertaining AND he has actually talks with substance and is getting the better of rock in this feud. So yeah, let's not start bull****ting our way out of the fact that your initial rebuttal was unfounded and presumptous and basically just putting words in my mouth.

the only thing i agree with you on is that the b a star campaign is a lot of bullocks and sl*t shaming is bad.

Kane is not huge, sadly he's been the big red jobber for like the past 8 years, only time he got any rub was his feud with Undertaker, then they ****ing ruin him with the whole PAUL PAUL PAUL.
kane can be huge, and was huge. they made him out to be a legitimate threat the cena would have a tough time against, and it worked. there's literally nothing more i can say.

Ezekiel Jackson is probably stronger than Cena, and there's a reason why he's called Ezekiel "Piss Break" Jackson on the internet. I know Cena is strong and that's cool, sadly his move is just a slightly modified version of a very common low impact wrestling move, so it's just a bit eh. Rock Bottom isn't a great finisher either, but you get the impression that Rock is putting all his strength into the slam, whereas the FU just lets gravity do the damage. Also his STF is possibly the most atrocious version of that move I've ever seen. I could do a better job of the STF than him, by you know... actually giving the impression I'm putting some level of torque on the victim's body instead of just hugging their face with my forearms and going AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i can essentially say the exact same thing about the sharpshooter the rock does. he doesn't apply the sharp shooter, he applies the concept of a sharpshooter. i can do a better job of the sharpshooter than him, by you know... essentially making it look like i'm applying pressure?

and not that it matters, but a lot of ezekiel jackson/mason ryan is all figure. big muscles don't always equate to more strength. a quick example is how mason ryan tries to press guys above him when in reality it's just the guy up top doing pushups on him

I would rather watch Kelly Kelly vs Snooki than Cena Taker at Mania because we all know Cena would either go over Taker or not lose cleanly, thus pissing on Taker's legacy.
which is essentially what's going to happen with triple h now that shawn is guest referee. at least with cena we've never seen it before, save for the time he faced him on smackdown a few years ago? think undertaker was the american badass at the time.

Pikaville

Cena vs Taker at WM would have been a travesty.

I'm glad it isn't happening because I thought that would be Takers last match too.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
that still doesn't excuse the fact that rock ****ing annihilated any credibility they had. drugs test might have been the final nail in the coffin for truth, but miz was always ****ing hated even when he was on his title run.
Miz has been out of favour for his drop in work rate, the only thing that they valued him for.

yeah, for about half a year that's all cena said, except as i've stated since then cena's shaken up his talking points: ''you don't show up AND you're underestimating me
The Rock talks everyone down. He would talk down Undertaker and Big Show just as he would anyone else. "Underestimating me" is not a point if he pretends he knows THE ROCK NOT DWAYNE YEA AH WANT DA ROCK

AND you speak in babytalk AND you're pretending to be the rock, but you're not anymore, you're dwayne johnson'. rock doesn't refute this with anything other than derogatory comments about cena being gay. it's not good enough. he got the same crowd who did his sing-alongs to chant 'tooth fairy'.
Dude, Dwayne Johnson is The Rock. I don't get it, what the **** is this "oh you're Dwayne not The Rock". He's not Mick Foley, this isn't some 90s split personality gimmick. These are just some stupid abstractions that don't make any sense, and ultimately tie into Cena's inconsistencies when it comes to Cena having problems with nothing but trashtalk, but as soon as Rock drops that for a moment "U AINT DA ROCK".

i'm sure he's not strapped for cash either, however you can never have too much. he comes back, promotes movies
Promote what? Fast Five? As if that of all films needed Rock to come to WWE to w**** out. Sure if he were kinda failing and he had some not so hot movie he needed his WWE legacy for then fine, but Fast Five?

Really?

/Miz

and shouts TWITTER at everybody to get more exposure and more people to see his movies.
What movies? I don't remember him mentioning any.

the wwe crowd is of course a MASSIVE audience with millions watching. so the thing is, if the guy only loved wrestling, he'd only come back and wrestle. if he only came back for the wrestling, why has he only wrestled once in the past year?
Movie contracts are signed a long time in advance by actors, and this is before production so actors don't really know the exact timeframe of their commitments. He'd already put pen to paper on a lot of stuff before the match was made. Also, Rock didn't leave WWE on the best of terms, considering they never even notified him when his contract was up, they just let it expire and never even notified him about anything.

That was kind of a low blow. Rock wasn't too happy about that.

fan favourites don't get jeered for months on end.
John Cena has, for years on end.
Your original gripe was me apparently telling you that Rock does not care about actual wrestling, all I did was refute that.
No you didn't, you backtracked and bull****ted. That's not refuting a point.

You're saying John Cena buries people and gets a lot of attention which is absolutely true. However, Cena is more entertaining

If Cena were entertaining, I don't think anyone would be having issues with him. I mean, maybe a bit, but it would be like "Hogan may be a politician and a douche but he was still the at the top when it came to charisma"

Cena criticism, which is VERY prevalent, goes along the lines of "boring, lame, same old ****, goofy, unconvinicing, no seller etc"

AND he has actually talks with substance and is getting the better of rock in this feud.
Saying factually incorrect and presumptuous stuff while bragging about how hard you work is not substance, it's unwarranted self importance.

So yeah, let's not start bull****ting our way out of the fact that your initial rebuttal was unfounded and presumptous and basically just putting words in my mouth.
Totally founded brother.

kane can be huge, and was huge. they made him out to be a legitimate threat the cena would have a tough time against, and it worked. there's literally nothing more i can say.
Notice how they got him over by him consistently destroying Zack Ryder and short of some weird smother hold, he never really did anything to Cena.

Not just that, but Cena is the complete antithesis of what a face overcoming the odds is meant to be, or just a face in general (since half the crowd hate him).

Everyone and their mother expected Cena to win out on that, every show we were just like "oh, Cena's just going to go over Kane". So much for originality. The reason the Punk Cena match was so good was because Cena was expected to win, and not even because LOLCENAWINS, but in this case the justifiable reason that you don't job to someone whose contract expires. They took a chance that night, and it was one of WWE's greatest moments of the DECADE.

See where the issue is? Cena needs freshening up. Stone Cold, Rock, Hogan, Bret Hart etc etc. All did several turns, it's constantly bringing something new to that table that keeps the product exciting, and it's the basis for basically EVERY TV show.

i can essentially say the exact same thing about the sharpshooter the rock does. he doesn't apply the sharp shooter, he applies the concept of a sharpshooter. i can do a better job of the sharpshooter than him, by you know... essentially making it look like i'm applying pressure?
His sharpshooter is better than Cena's STF by a mile.

and not that it matters, but a lot of ezekiel jackson/mason ryan is all figure. big muscles don't always equate to more strength. a quick example is how mason ryan tries to press guys above him when in reality it's just the guy up top doing pushups on him
Jackson is a **** ton stronger than Cena, not that it matters because nobody cares about Zeke anyway.

which is essentially what's going to happen with triple h now that shawn is guest referee. at least with cena we've never seen it before, save for the time he faced him on smackdown a few years ago? think undertaker was the american badass at the time.
As you can see in my first post, not happy with HHH Taker at all really.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
well i'm getting infracted for posting now, so i'mma be as succint as possible:

bs, even cm punk has said that at a house shows miz was been good to fight against, as much as he hates him. yeah miz was crap for a couple weeks when he couldn't catch truth, but miz gets valued for the media time he gets.

you're right, dwayne and rock are the same guy. at cena's request, dwayne dropped everything. he dropped all the glitz, glamour, catchphrases, etc and what did he get? "I"M REALLY BIG AND HEAVY, P.S: UR MAH B*TCH". what does that mean? it means cena is right, and rock has nothing. he's not even slightly entertaining, he's just embarrassing. moreover, a lot of what you're saying has half-credidiblity. my problem? rock isn't saying it. rock isn't saying: well i'm not underestimating you, this is who i am. he's just saying: 'ur dum lol' (and not in the hilarious way that isai does').

i legit want to know how i backtracked and bs'd. here's a quick replay:

ciaza: the rock shows up to take everyone's money by promoting movies and twitter
teran: NO ROCK LOVES WRESTLING
ciaza: i never said he didn't?

???

taking people's money and loving wrestling doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. the point remains if he only showed up to wrestle. he'd only wrestle. instead he comes back and promotes movies and twitter. it doesn't matter how big the movie is, even something like fast five, can always make more money. talking about g.i joe is still advertising. the wwe is played ****ing everywhere in the world, including small cities in australia like where i am from that most other american media outlets won't reach.

you obviously have a lot of hate for cena which i don't really care about. #riseabovehate and whatnot. the hate on cena can be prevalent and dominant as it wants but at the end of the day wwe don't care as he appeals to half the crowd and makes them piles of money. in their eyes he's a good thing and you don't change a good thing. so no, cena has no issue, nor does he need 'freshening up'. in fact his whole character is based around how he always shows up and never changes. so mr. ziggles gifs aside, this gimmick is far more preferable to the rock's where people will eat up anything he says because they're blinded by nostalgia. besides this, how can you not be entertained by cena, at least recently? the dude forced the rock to be shook up completely for the first time in decades. the rock. it was weird yet funny at the same time

kane hit cena with a chair which put down cena for more than 10 seconds. that's pre much a world record, especially when you consider the plethora of **** del rio nailed on him at last man standing. kane beat the crap out of him in backstage segments and made cena look weak at times. which is phenomenal.

Top Bottom