• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Write anything, solve everything - Maxwell from Scribblenauts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he got in. (although that depends. Is Nintendo going to treat third parties the same way as Namco does with SoulCalibur?)

:phone:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Scooby Doo going on a mystery and discovering the culprit is actually Luigi dressed up as Reptile (Mortal Kombat)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
first Mario and Zelda, then Mortal Kombat, after that Batman and now Scooby Doo? truly deserving of the title Scribblenauts Unlimited.

I expect anything from this game now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is really increasing my Scribblenauts Unlimited hype. I tell ya, it'll be on of my, if not the, first purchase. I loved Super Scribblenauts to death on the DS.

That being said, if by some miracle Maxwell was in SSB4 as a third party character, I'd be ecstatic.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Had Scribblenauts Unlimited preordered for Wii U for a few weeks now. Can't wait for it! I'm so excited to do...everything!

My opinion is the same as it was when I posted in this thread the first time.
That being said, if by some miracle Maxwell was in SSB4 as a third party character, I'd be ecstatic.
Basically this.

ShinyLucario1000

Smash Rookie
I have always thought about maxwell. He never had an actual game outside of Nintendo systems, an he is amazingly original. His moveset could be practically anything, but what would his A-Moveset be? He doesn't fight without a weapon, and I don't think it would be necessary to have yet ANOTHER sword user... Unless we give him some random weapon set, sort of like G&W...

:phone:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I wanted to remake the moveset if you please.

[collapse=Moveset]

Specials:

Neutral: Notepad

Notepad can spawn objects in battle. The order is random:

Ghost: Floats and latches onto enemies to do damage over time. (2 damage per second and 7 HP.)

Ninja: Stands still and throws ninja stars. (10 HP)

Winged Bomb: Bomb floats towards enemies and explodes for 15 hit points and does decent knockback. (1 HP and only lasts for 5 seconds, but explodes no matter what)

Pirate: Closes in on targets and starts swinging his sword for 8 points of damage. (15 HP)

Shark: Stands still on land and bites enemies who are near for 12 points of damage. (25 HP)

You can only have one out at a time, if you push the button it will erase the object so you can make a new one.
Side Special: Bazooka

Maxwell fires a bazooka which homes in on enemies dealing 13 damage.

Down Special: Adjective Counter

Maxwell spawns a random object to shields himself (purely cosmetic) and if they get the object they get a random debuff. The different debuffs are sleeping, stunned, poisoned, and dancing. (Dancing forces them to do a single taunt)

Up Special: Jetpack/Wings

Maxwell uses his jetpack and then glides with wings. The jetpack goes as high as diddy kongs and the wings are just normal gliding.

Final Smash: Cthulhu

Maxwell rides on Cthulhu while he attacks. You take control of Cthulhu.

Jabs

His jabs would consist of a pencil and random objects such as swords, mace, and fishs.
[/collapse]

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

[collapse=Moveset]

Specials:

Ghost: Floats and latches onto enemies to do damage over time. (2 damage per second and 7 HP.)

Winged Bomb: Bomb floats towards enemies and explodes for 15 hit points and does decent knockback. (1 HP and only lasts for 5 seconds, but explodes no matter what)

Pirate: Closes in on targets and starts swinging his sword for 8 points of damage. (15 HP)

Shark: Stands still on land and bites enemies who are near for 12 points of damage. (25 HP)

You can only have one out at a time, if you push the button it will erase the object so you can make a new one.

Maxwell spawns a random object to shields himself (purely cosmetic) and if they get the object they get a random debuff. The different debuffs are sleeping, stunned, poisoned, and dancing. (Dancing forces them to do a single taunt)

Maxwell uses his jetpack and then glides with wings. The jetpack goes as high as diddy kongs and the wings are just normal gliding.

Jabs

His jabs would consist of a pencil and random objects such as swords, mace, and fishs.
[/collapse]
i like it. the notepad adds a bit of randomness to the character which is an interesting gimmick to say the least. im not so sure about the down B but w.e it still works

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe they could somehow incorporate the Starites into his moveset? I dunno, their pretty iconic to the game itself. Maybe as another B option to add to the list?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

[collapse=Moveset]

Specials:

Jabs

[/collapse]
I like some ideas here, especially the random factor, since there are lots of possibilities

also...

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"][B][COLOR="Red"]void[/COLOR][/B] Awesomeness[COLOR="royalblue"]()[/COLOR]
[COLOR="royalblue"]{[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="red"]if[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]([/COLOR]MaxwellFinalSmash [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]==[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Cthulhu"[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="royalblue"]{[/COLOR]
    System.[I][COLOR="Teal"]out[/COLOR][/I].println[COLOR="royalblue"]([/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]"Epic Win!!"[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]);[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]}
}[/COLOR][/FONT]
in other words, if Maxwell is in and his Final Smash is Cthulhu, awsomeness would ensue.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't help but feel MAxwell would work similarly to the Villager unless they ramp up the crazy like summoning a T-Rex from a Time Machine for his Final Smash

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Did anyone else see the Starite in the Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014 trailer? Could this be hinting at Maxwell?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Maxwell's main problem is that there is literally nothing he CAN'T do

I'd honestly rather he be a stage hazard where he spawns enemies, items, maybe a boss(Cthulhu/T-rex), anything.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Maxwell is definitely someone I've had in the back of my mind for a Smash candidate. But again, he's more of an afterthought since I doubt his chances are high.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I Didn't even know there was Maxwell thread, Scribblenauts is one of all time favorite games. Even though his chances are rather low, he would be so awesome and unique.

I made a moveset along time ago, might as well upload it here. Just so you know, making his moveset was incredibly fun.

Maxwell the Scribblenaut
Jumps: Three, in his midair jumps he sprouts wings out of his back.
Weight: Rather Light
Size: about the size of Toon Link

Special Moves- specials are somewhat random and have slightly different properties but do a similar function. The same variation of a special move can’t be used twice in a row. All moves have an equal percent chance to be performed, except the adjective counter. All Things that are summoned look like how they do in scriblenauts and poof into white smoke when they disappear.

Neutral B- Reinforcements- summons in a weak, aggressive unit. Ether a knight on a horse to do a charging attack, a grey alien to shoot a laser projectile or a super hero to do a flying uppercut. They can also take damage.
Side B- Projectile- Changes based on angle, like Samus.

Straight: Crossbow: fires a fast flying bolt. Blow-dart: Does poison damage. Magic staff: Shoots an energy ball that does splash damage. Bazooka: fires a shark with a jet engine strapped onto it, and then takes a bite out of his enemies (biggest Projectile). Plasma gun: penetrates through objects and players.

Angled: Coconut: throws it in a heightened arced angle. Wrench: Does more damage to shields. Anvil: doesn’t go very far but does the most damage. Tomahawk: once thrown it can be picked up again. Water balloon: Does no damage but pushes back anything near it. (Like Flood or squirtle’s water gun)

Up B- Airlift- conjures a vehicle or thing that Maxwell can ride upon. (Like Wario’s bike but it flies). The Polka-dotted winged bath tub is the most balanced in vertical and horizontal movement; Jet-pack has the great vertical but not as much in horizontal. Pterosaur has the best horizontal but not as much in vertical. Magic carpet can stay in air the longest, the biplane is the by far the fastest but is cumbersome due to its size.

Down B- Adjective- Maxwell writes in his notebook anybody that hits him while writing is countered and gets a status effect to them for a few seconds such as, clumsy (makes them trip), poisoned, dizzy, sleepy, tiny, funny (taunts once), heavy, light, big, fire breathing, speedy, hungry (food appears by them), explosive (like a weak gooey bomb is on them) frozen, and friendly (Maxwell and the enemy can’t hurt each other). Some adjectives are rarer than others, Durations vary for effects.

Final smash- Write Anything- Random items, Pokémon, assistant trophies and his own robot-rex or Cthulhu appear out of thin air causing chaos. Maxwell is invincible for the duration until at the end where he summons a black hole that sucks up whatever that is still left that he summoned from before, the black hole appears around Maxwell and can also damage enemies.

Grabs-His grab is also a rope lasso that can tether.
Pummel - Jabs the grappled with his pencil
Forward- places the enemy in a catapult and flings them forward.
Back- A mule bucks them, sending the enemy flying.
Up- puts the enemy in a cannon and fires them upward.

Down- Smashes an electric guitar down on the enemy
A: head butts and punches at the same time. And makes a POW! Noise (Just like in Scriblenauts: Unmasked)
Forward tilt- whacks the enemy with a flaming rake
Up tilt- equips a Viking helmet and head-butts above him
Down tilt- summons a mouse trap that snares the enemy’s feet

Side smash- summons a ninja/bear/robot/vampire/ to attacks forward (variations are purely cosmetic)
Up smash-Summons a storm cloud above his head and shocks anybody it touches
Down smash- uses a jackhammer and drills the floor
Dash attack- charges with a battering ram

Aerials- Neutral- does a cartwheel in air while holding a chainsaw
Forward- blows on a tuba that sound waves send enemies flying.
Backward- uses a surfboard to hit enemies from behind
Down- Slams down at the enemy with French bread
Up- summons a plane propeller on his back that chops up everything above

Edge attack- under 100%: gets up fast and uses a lawn mower to attack enemies. Over 100%: Gets up slowly and jabs the enemy with a pencil.
Floor Attack- gets up while pepper spraying in front of him and then behind.

Sidestep- Maxwell adds the adjective transparent to himself, where only his outline can be seen. Works like a normal sidestep.
Forward and back Roll- with these Maxwell equips roller skates and dodges either forward or backwards.
Shield- his shielding animation has him franticly writing down in his notebook as if he was summoning the shield

Helpless- Maxwell plummets face first while writing in his notebook, as if he was trying to come up with something to write.
Idle poses- 1. Drums his pencil on his chin and looks up pondering. 2. Flips through his note book.
Run and walk- in a similar manner to his goofy walking animations in scribblenauts
Intro animation: comes in from his magic globe, the yellow flash column effect thingy

Taunts- Up- A light bulb appears over Maxwell’s head with a DING-DONG♫ sound
Side- Does his victory dance, the one where he gets the starite
Down- Play the STARITE GET theme on a summoned instrument such as Trumpet, violin, Flute, or xylophone

Victory animations- Collects a starite
Summons himself a cake and a party hat
Writes on his notebook, and summons penguins attached to balloons that revolve around him while he laughs.
Losing Animation- Makes noise with a hand clapper

Other Stuff:
Winning Theme:http://youtu.be/BLIZAD6lnaA

Symbol: His notebook with the starite on it

Assistant trophy- Lilly
When she appears she applies a random adjective to everyone
(The adjective list is the same as Maxwell’s)

Music-
Scribblenauts Unlimited Music - Title Screen http://youtu.be/GgROUa5NRjk
Scribblenauts Unlimited music - Capital Cityhttp://youtu.be/cT2NiR-XRv0
Scribblenauts Unlimited Music - World Selecthttp://youtu.be/rb_7fXa6dXY
Scribblenauts Unlimited music - The Under Linehttp://youtu.be/yWXI708XSdI
Super Scribblenauts - Arcade and Last Levelhttp://youtu.be/4t4tICQ5Nik
Scribblenauts Unmasked – Menuhttp://youtu.be/nP6wxvorfK0

Stage- The playground
Starts out as a grassy, flat, medium sized stage, but over time structures appear and disappear out of thin air, always changing the layout of the stage. Think kind of like Pokémon stadium in the way it changes. Also there is a tree with a starite in the background.

Trophies- Maxwell
Write anything (final smash)
Lilly
Maxwell’s notebook
Starite
Maxwell’s Family
Doppelganger
Lilly’s magic globe

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Very inventive; original.
Quite well known series.
Never considered him.
These make him perfect for the roster.

wait...Is he third party? er, yes. He, like Layton and Cooking Mama, are a special kind of third party only on Nintendo consoles with many games.

I'd think his moveset could be... based on the character he is playing? He has certain moves always as smas attacks, but takes his specials from another character he is versing? In the fashion that he can do anything he sees

Last edited:

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
I Didn't even know there was Maxwell thread, Scribblenauts is one of all time favorite games. Even though his chances are rather low, he would be so awesome and unique.

I made a moveset along time ago, might as well upload it here. Just so you know, making his moveset was incredibly fun.

Maxwell the Scribblenaut
Jumps: Three, in his midair jumps he sprouts wings out of his back.
Weight: Rather Light
Size: about the size of Toon Link

Special Moves- specials are somewhat random and have slightly different properties but do a similar function. The same variation of a special move can’t be used twice in a row. All moves have an equal percent chance to be performed, except the adjective counter. All Things that are summoned look like how they do in scriblenauts and poof into white smoke when they disappear.

Neutral B- Reinforcements- summons in a weak, aggressive unit. Ether a knight on a horse to do a charging attack, a grey alien to shoot a laser projectile or a super hero to do a flying uppercut. They can also take damage.
Side B- Projectile- Changes based on angle, like Samus.

Straight: Crossbow: fires a fast flying bolt. Blow-dart: Does poison damage. Magic staff: Shoots an energy ball that does splash damage. Bazooka: fires a shark with a jet engine strapped onto it, and then takes a bite out of his enemies (biggest Projectile). Plasma gun: penetrates through objects and players.

Angled: Coconut: throws it in a heightened arced angle. Wrench: Does more damage to shields. Anvil: doesn’t go very far but does the most damage. Tomahawk: once thrown it can be picked up again. Water balloon: Does no damage but pushes back anything near it. (Like Flood or squirtle’s water gun)

Up B- Airlift- conjures a vehicle or thing that Maxwell can ride upon. (Like Wario’s bike but it flies). The Polka-dotted winged bath tub is the most balanced in vertical and horizontal movement; Jet-pack has the great vertical but not as much in horizontal. Pterosaur has the best horizontal but not as much in vertical. Magic carpet can stay in air the longest, the biplane is the by far the fastest but is cumbersome due to its size.

Down B- Adjective- Maxwell writes in his notebook anybody that hits him while writing is countered and gets a status effect to them for a few seconds such as, clumsy (makes them trip), poisoned, dizzy, sleepy, tiny, funny (taunts once), heavy, light, big, fire breathing, speedy, hungry (food appears by them), explosive (like a weak gooey bomb is on them) frozen, and friendly (Maxwell and the enemy can’t hurt each other). Some adjectives are rarer than others, Durations vary for effects.

Final smash- Write Anything- Random items, Pokémon, assistant trophies and his own robot-rex or Cthulhu appear out of thin air causing chaos. Maxwell is invincible for the duration until at the end where he summons a black hole that sucks up whatever that is still left that he summoned from before, the black hole appears around Maxwell and can also damage enemies.

Grabs-His grab is also a rope lasso that can tether.
Pummel - Jabs the grappled with his pencil
Forward- places the enemy in a catapult and flings them forward.
Back- A mule bucks them, sending the enemy flying.
Up- puts the enemy in a cannon and fires them upward.

Down- Smashes an electric guitar down on the enemy
A: head butts and punches at the same time. And makes a POW! Noise (Just like in Scriblenauts: Unmasked)
Forward tilt- whacks the enemy with a flaming rake
Up tilt- equips a Viking helmet and head-butts above him
Down tilt- summons a mouse trap that snares the enemy’s feet

Side smash- summons a ninja/bear/robot/vampire/ to attacks forward (variations are purely cosmetic)
Up smash-Summons a storm cloud above his head and shocks anybody it touches
Down smash- uses a jackhammer and drills the floor
Dash attack- charges with a battering ram

Aerials- Neutral- does a cartwheel in air while holding a chainsaw
Forward- blows on a tuba that sound waves send enemies flying.
Backward- uses a surfboard to hit enemies from behind
Down- Slams down at the enemy with French bread
Up- summons a plane propeller on his back that chops up everything above

Edge attack- under 100%: gets up fast and uses a lawn mower to attack enemies. Over 100%: Gets up slowly and jabs the enemy with a pencil.
Floor Attack- gets up while pepper spraying in front of him and then behind.

Sidestep- Maxwell adds the adjective transparent to himself, where only his outline can be seen. Works like a normal sidestep.
Forward and back Roll- with these Maxwell equips roller skates and dodges either forward or backwards.
Shield- his shielding animation has him franticly writing down in his notebook as if he was summoning the shield

Helpless- Maxwell plummets face first while writing in his notebook, as if he was trying to come up with something to write.
Idle poses- 1. Drums his pencil on his chin and looks up pondering. 2. Flips through his note book.
Run and walk- in a similar manner to his goofy walking animations in scribblenauts
Intro animation: comes in from his magic globe, the yellow flash column effect thingy

Taunts- Up- A light bulb appears over Maxwell’s head with a DING-DONG♫ sound
Side- Does his victory dance, the one where he gets the starite
Down- Play the STARITE GET theme on a summoned instrument such as Trumpet, violin, Flute, or xylophone

Victory animations- Collects a starite
Summons himself a cake and a party hat
Writes on his notebook, and summons penguins attached to balloons that revolve around him while he laughs.
Losing Animation- Makes noise with a hand clapper

Other Stuff:
Winning Theme:http://youtu.be/BLIZAD6lnaA

Symbol: His notebook with the starite on it

Assistant trophy- Lilly
When she appears she applies a random adjective to everyone
(The adjective list is the same as Maxwell’s)

Music-
Scribblenauts Unlimited Music - Title Screen http://youtu.be/GgROUa5NRjk
Scribblenauts Unlimited music - Capital Cityhttp://youtu.be/cT2NiR-XRv0
Scribblenauts Unlimited Music - World Selecthttp://youtu.be/rb_7fXa6dXY
Scribblenauts Unlimited music - The Under Linehttp://youtu.be/yWXI708XSdI
Super Scribblenauts - Arcade and Last Levelhttp://youtu.be/4t4tICQ5Nik
Scribblenauts Unmasked – Menuhttp://youtu.be/nP6wxvorfK0

Stage- The playground
Starts out as a grassy, flat, medium sized stage, but over time structures appear and disappear out of thin air, always changing the layout of the stage. Think kind of like Pokémon stadium in the way it changes. Also there is a tree with a starite in the background.

Trophies- Maxwell
Write anything (final smash)
Lilly
Maxwell’s notebook
Starite
Maxwell’s Family
Doppelganger
Lilly’s magic globe
Your moveset idea is the best I've seen for Maxwell so far! I support Maxwell for Sm4sh!

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
I completely support Maxwell in Smash. Scribblenauts is one of the most amazing franchises to ever grace any of Nintendo's consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom