• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Expert brawlers...playing online? I think not, my good sir.
This. I've fought decent players before and some who are actually good but most people who are good just sandbag.
But I actually said the same thing to him a while ago (or someone else). It's so funny when people think that decent players are common on wifi. Let alone ones who actually fight seriously.

rSmooth

Smash Rookie
.........................when I'm REALLY bored........ I like to select big stages and go hide in a far away place using Pit. Then I endlessly taunt, "THE FIGHT IS ON!" over and over again.

Pretty effective strategy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
.........................when I'm REALLY bored........ I like to select big stages and go hide in a far away place using Pit. Then I endlessly taunt, "THE FIGHT IS ON!" over and over again.

Pretty effective strategy.
You just made me have the idea of going nuts and losing my mind when ever I think about this.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
"If you can't have fun with a game then, don't play it"?

If you spend your time just having taunt parties on WiFi... you must be really bored.

I don't always mess with taunters, but sometimes when it becomes boring, I go for that person. Typically speaking, they get serious, but not serious enough to ever punish me for what I just did to them... so they just leave.

Ninterror

Smash Rookie
Taunt parties are basically there to show people that it's not a serious game and to mock Final Destinationers who treat everything serious.

besides, it's not all taunting. Sometimes people in taunt parties will use Glitches, Break there own shield, Footstool jump on others, Glide, wave dash, and mess with Items.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
"If you can't have fun with a game then, don't play it"?

If you spend your time just having taunt parties on WiFi... you must be really bored.
>.>... Definately, people don't play seriously because they're bored. They definately secretly want to take a non-stock FFA match with anyone on wifi seriously, but are too bored to even try.

I don't always mess with taunters, but sometimes when it becomes boring, I go for that person. Typically speaking, they get serious, but not serious enough to ever punish me for what I just did to them... so they just leave.
That's because you're too awesome of a player.

But, um yeah, like I said, why even take a game seriously when it doesn't really matter in the end? I'd understand if it was friendly, a serious stock match or a tourney, but come on. It's a timed FFA lag-fi match with people you don't even know, what's the point in winning? If you beast them, they can't hear you brag about and if they quit you will never see them again. Oh yeah and there is the fact that it's not even a stock match. Basic Brawls don't prove much unless you have +8 without using any items so, what's it going to prove if you win some matches? That's right, nothing.

Seriously I can't stand people who take BB so seriously >.>. Just go on team battle (well, there are Taunters there, too imo).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ninterror said:
Taunt parties are basically there to show people that it's not a serious game
It's as serious a game as any one person wants it to be. For people who participate in taunt parties, it's not a serious game. For people like me who enjoy straight up fighting with no distractions or unfair advantages (character advantages excluded, I mean like stage/item advantages), it is a serious game, because I don't consider taunting to be a major part of the game. It's all opinion, and though I understand your opinion, I don't agree with it myself.

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
If im really bored I like to go on basic brawl, and like do whatever, uh hump the ground? to get the other person to not attack me and think we have an alliance then in sudden death they'll come stand next to me and do a taunt, I'll either be falcon or kirby and use the punch or kirbys hammer to just drill them at a good time when they taunt :p

DarkAura

Smash Lord
as much as i hate taunt parties... they are fun i mean 3 on 1 matches are EPIC and im usually the 1...

Aurablade262

Smash Cadet
Sometimes these can be really fun if you play along, try setting up for smash taunts, picking fun to use characters, or feeding Wario gernades! it's no fun when you go to HYRULE TEMPLE (I HATE that stage) and just stand around. Active stages like Warioware Inc. help make it fun too.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I'll admit I have taken part in a couple of parties. I find Wario's poot to be an excellent way of frustrating people.

Usually I try to break it up though. A recent instance was my Ganon vs. 3 Zeldas on Temple. They didn't even see it coming. (I honestly thought I'd lose...)

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
You missed the point, entirely.

People say that others take the game too seriously and try to win all the time, so there must be something wrong with them.

I'm saying that, in reverse, people who constantly reinforce that "it's just a game" (uh, duh, everyone knows this, we don't need taunter Falcon #7503 to confirm it) aren't any better.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You missed the point, entirely.

People say that others take the game too seriously and try to win all the time, so there must be something wrong with them.

I'm saying that, in reverse, people who constantly reinforce that "it's just a game" (uh, duh, everyone knows this, we don't need taunter Falcon #7503 to confirm it) aren't any better.
People take people taking it seriously too seriously.

Most taunters know advanced techniques and glitches and have good skill.
It's really a 50/50 chance in my opinion. I wouldn't say most taunters are advanced...

maybe a few.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Using tech set ups to taunt is ****.

Yoshi's Double Jump Toss Cancel to Utaunt FTW.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Using tech set ups to taunt is ****.

Yoshi's Double Jump Toss Cancel to Utaunt FTW.
Are you "that" Yoshi taunter who knows an insane amount of ATs? I see them occasionally but they sure show of a lot of stuff. Correction, I haven't actually seen one for a while.
Also, I tried being a Yoshi who knows a ton of stuff before but some ATs are hard to notice like DAC.

delo quicker

Smash Cadet
why do ppl act like idiots online when they can do that offline without taking up expert brawlers time! you dont just sit there and taunt the entire match..and you dont gang up on anyone wen it is a regular brawl..thats what team brawl is for ! jeez im peeved lol
if your going to taunt atleast do it only when you kill.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Are you "that" Yoshi taunter who knows an insane amount of ATs? I see them occasionally but they sure show of a lot of stuff. Correction, I haven't actually seen one for a while.
Also, I tried being a Yoshi who knows a ton of stuff before but some ATs are hard to notice like DAC.
I have been one before. But I doubt I did it more than once. I DR Taunted in there before, and junk. About it.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I don't want to end up on Failblog!
Besides a (so-called) "expert" player should have no trouble winning against a taunt party.

Considering Chaco has been in a few, Glyph (prolly) and I know a few other guys who are absolutely wicked online players, that join in taunt parties JUST to piss people off so they get to school some one. Thus i HIGHLY doubt an expect would win against like 2 of those and one guy sitting around taunting and attacks occasionally

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, but its got my name in it.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
man its seriously IMPOSSIBLE to find a decent challenge in basic brawl IT ALL TAUNT PARTIES even when i rarely go to one and then RARELY get a one on one all the bloody person does is crouch thinking im gonna be nice and start taunting I HATE IT!

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Well from what I've seen most taunt party users seem to be the better players DarkAura. Why not 'befriend' them and have friendlies with them? Don't know how exactly works but I've seen some players do it in a basic. (Crouch jab crouch?)

LocoCoco

Smash Cadet
taunt parties r extremely annoying to have to go through. even worse than basic brawl is when u have a friend, who has a friend that starts it in a ffa so u have to c their comment for the taunt over and over and over.

Smash Rookie
I hate it when a I'm with taunters that suck and we end up losing a 3 on 1 because they get owned by the person they're trying to kill. >_>

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when a I'm with taunters that suck and we end up losing a 3 on 1 because they get owned by the person they're trying to kill. >_>
This. That's why my sister usually plays with me if I want to be a taunt spammer. If they really suck and/or are annoying when we fight then we gang up on the taunter. We actually do that to 90% of taunt spammers we find. In fact, we ended up betraying every single taunt spammer for the past three days. They're just people who keep killing us and only doing f-tilt or spamming. They leave and we find another one. It's kind of mean, but it sure is even funnier than taunt spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom