• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf just happened?

Zjiin

Smash Master
I was going to say that it almost looks like a tech, but when you tech soemthing, you stop falling head over heels which he continued to do. Maybe a glitch? lol

no johns!

Gui1tyX

Smash Journeyman
lmao!! funny **** id say smash DI but yea that would be crazy if it was i have no idea how that ended up happening like that

strider43

Smash Journeyman
It's an invisible ceiling, just one motion cancels the other, this can also be done with Falco's tail sweep.

In simpler terms, it's De-ja-vu, which is a glitch in the matrix, it happens when they change something (the blown air).

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I have no clue...the only thing I can think is that the game just hates Renth...that must be why he stinks at it so badly XD.

Usually a forward Tiling luigi getting hit by an upsamash out of shield by fox causes the invisible ceiling glitch. I didnt see the forward tilt here, but he might have been trying to pull it out. Plus luigi and fox are ******** and using them with the advanced techniques can cause random glitches sometimes.

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
When i used to use Roy, this happened all the time. The glitch came up every game. The game hated me too. :( It was telling me to use Marth instead, which of course eventually i did because i finally beat my cousin's Marth with Roy and decided to move on. lol.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
btw, Smash DI has absolutly nothing to do with this. It doesn't change you're trajectory, just gives you a small teleport.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
I remember that something like this happened to me, It happened at a tournament...
we were just playing some friendlies...
I was playing as Ganon, and the other guy was playing as Falco, on the stage Final Destination..
All eyes were on us (all eyes were on us for some ****ing reason)
it happened so fast,
he tech and rolled to left, i saw him coming, so i low jumped and I C-stick Down...
he went several feet up, then down, WTF was that...
but i think i know why it happened, as soon as i hit the ground I L-canceled, but pushed it twice...
I've seen this done with Marth & Roy, their Down B's can do that...
can this be similar to this video...
Oh and no one recorded it, sorry for explaining myself. lol

Eggz

Smash Hero
Ka and I have experimented with this. Its just a glitch that happens with wavedash ftilt being countered by usmash out of shield. I think it also happens with wavedash usmash and utilt, but i dont remember right.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
I've seen Ken do this in BME's Ken combo video. It occurs on the parts where Ken is shown DIing..... I think it's godly DI but probably just the wall glitch.

homsar

Smash Ace
Just to let everyone know that it is the invisible ceiling glitch, I dont know what makes it occur but Ive had it on just about every stage (I get it on FD alot) with a lot of the characters. Some believe it can be teched, no one knows though.

Magus420

Smash Master
You don't actually hit anything so I don't see how it'd be possible to tech. That is unless you happen to fall down to the ground or into something of course. It basically just negates any vertical knockback you have instantly at a certain point in time after the move gets shielded and you begin falling/accelerating from a vertical standstill.

You still keep your horizontal knockback as well as hit stun as you would normally though, so if you were to say get hit by Fox's u-smash at really high damage and DI'ed it away when it happens it's quite possible to go over the edge then die off the bottom of the screen unable to recover since you're still in stun even tho you're falling.

It's technically not just an 'invisible ceiling', but can also be an 'invisible floor' if hit by an attack that sends downwards and you can make it into the air and be hit while it can still occur. An easy way to get the 'invisible floor' is having Marth up-b someone's shield while on the ground and then hitting him quickly out of shield (there's a good window on it so it's not too hard. If Marth is at extremely high damage and he get's hit by like Falcon's d-air or something while DIing away he'll rocket off in almost a straight line horizontally and die directly off the side. Without DIing it to the side (and not hitting with the slightly angled nipple spike hitbox of Falcon's d-air) Marth will stop in midair where he was hit then slowly fall back down to the floor while flailing about, since there was no horizontal/vertical knockback left over, just a whole lot of hitstun, lol.

A number of Luigi's moves in particular seem to have this point where if he's hit after hitting a shield really late into the move's duration so it tends to happen with him a lot. For example I know his d-smash has this point like a 1/6 sec after the move is completed entirely and he's free to move around/jump or whatever.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It seems to happen to Luigi often as well. Maybe it's character dependant? I had it 3 times in 1 match when I playing Luigi a few days ago.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
I think it occurs when other forces adding or subtracting from the upsmash (or whatever attack) come into play. For instance, wave up-smashing give the smash horizantal force, not noramlly effecting trajectory.

This would prove true for counters and out-prioritized attacks too, because they involve the opponent lunging AT you before getting hit.

Top Bottom