• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF Melee

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It would have been more convincing if there where no texture hacks. I'm not saying it's fake. I just think that random **** can happen when you add hacks to the game.

cHp

Smash Apprentice
^
brawl hacks don't modify gameplay unless they disable/rename bones/stuff like that. those were pure texture hacks

on-topic:
looks like you cancelled side b...and slid or something

Dekar173

Justice Man
He airdodged and it looked like a Melee airdodge (stay in place).

Seriously, do you guys even play Brawl?

SV platform is moving, you can do wonky stuff on it, with certain characters you can even walk-off uair > land back on platform laglessly.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It probably thought you landed on the very edge of the moving platform, so when you airdodged, you didn't fall.

Veril

Frame Savant
errr he balances on the edge of the smashville platform while moving in the same direction as his body shifts because of the airdodge but he doesn't actually land cause... idk, the airdodge looks like it was input 7 frames or so before the wonky crap really is apparent (judging by the timer when I looked at the video). Too bad the video drops hella frames :(

The smashville platform is magical and Falco's a bird. That's the best I got...

The only important part of the match is 5:40-5:38 so if the person who posted the video could just get those two seconds in way better quality it would be a lot easier to look into.

Veril

Frame Savant
Idk, OP, do you still have the replay? This is an example of brawl's whack landing detection being whack and Indigo+myself would like to look at it more closely than is possible with your video.

It doesn't really look like a melee airdodge, he doesn't stop immediately upon airdodging ;p

A shame he didn't input a jump right after the glitch ended, that would actually have told me a lot more about what happened.

I'll just blame it on smashville's whacky platform. Snake's mortar can get stuck onn it for a time. And wario had that one weird bicycle of death on it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's the platform.

Brawl's edges are weird, in Brinstar you can stay in an infinite aerial position on the right edge of the gooey stuff, lol.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This had nothing to do with the platform, he clearly air dodged in place. This has to do with the hacks. Either OP forgot he had hacks on or he's lying.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Notice how the clip starts off with a completely normal airdodge.
Also note that Falco travels along the edge of the SV platform.

I call BS, gimr.

tekkie

Smash Master
Notice how the clip starts off with a completely normal airdodge.
Also note that Falco travels along the edge of the SV platform.

I call BS, gimr.
This had nothing to do with the platform, he clearly air dodged in place. This has to do with the hacks. Either OP forgot he had hacks on or he's lying.

Please don't be that guy that's paranoid about all types of hacks affecting gameplay. Textures don't affect gameplay. There was a normal airdodge pretty much at the beginning of the video. This is just another example of the weirdly coded edges of brawl. And besides this was on the infamous moving platform of SV sooo...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This happened to me yesterday. It didn't last as long as the one in the video, but I'm certain it was the exact same thing. I air-dodged toward the edge of the platform while it was moving towards me.

Browny

Smash Hater
Nonsense, he moves normally for the airdodge until he reaches the platform edge.

:phone:
If people can hack the game to completely change it Project M style, they can probably hack it to have multiple airdodge types, or even splice a replay together where the first half is replayed with normal airdodges, activate AD code, play it again and join the footage together.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not possible. Applying hacks changes everything about the replay.

This is a random guy with 6 posts from Spain, thinking he did this to surprise the community is the weirdest thing Ive ever heard.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
If this person had the time to post a replay, he should have the time to just link the replay so we can see for ourselves. The arguement i see is that, there hasn't yet been video of this kind of ledge wizardry (at least presented in this thread). We either need to be able to mimic it or have a copy of the replay to be sure. Until then it's just a pointless argument.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I actually don't think it's a hack, but yeah, send a smash researcher (or me!) the replay file and we'll get to cracking on it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's possible it has to do with the platform but I doubt it. Did you see how much higher he was then the platform? I know edges can be weird in Brawl, but the falco's timing of the air dodge was almost identical to melee. By that I mean the amount of time he was frozen in air and then when he fell was so similar to melee air dodge it isn't even funny.

There is an old project m code that let you di Brawl air dodge and Melee air dodge. That's what I'm guessing is happening. I think the guys is trolling us.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
What's so confusing about the OP's video? It just looked like the airdodge animation dodged the platform. It didn't look like his TopN landed on the platform at the time so he just passed through it.

So it went like this:

Pardon my lack of artistic skills.

Top Bottom