• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTON - September 12th & 13th - Winona Lake, Indiana ))Midwest Circuit Event((

Legan

Smash Lord
This was my second brawl tournament and it exceeded my expectations by far. Awesome venue and equally awesome players made this tourney truly badass.

Shoutout

Anther- There is no doubt about it, you are just way too good. Next time I come up to Michigan Ill bring zig-zag with me and Im gunna watch those epic dittos.

Needle of Juntah- Those were some awesome matches man, you were definately the best G&W ive ever played. Remember Omni's advice and never underestimate a Link.

Overswarm- I honestly didnt expect you to be as cool as you were, you gave me some good advice and your rob played out completely different than I had expected. Theres no way im dropping my character though :D. Next time, your *** is grass!

1der- I knew it! that **** mario was comboing me for days, Ill never trust those quiet mysterious guys like you again. Awesome matches man, hope to see you again.

Scala- Yoshi & Link team FTW! Awesome yoshi man

Lain- Lain you are easily the weirdest/coolest kid ever. Thanks for being my doctor Phil when i told you i had to play Noj first round in brackets. I ended up taking a match off him and getting him to 1stock 50%+.

Omniswell- I knew we were gunna hit it off before I even saw you, the wolf is just way too sexy and i only counted like 3 fmashes the entire match. Yea we only played once but it was epic as balls. Ill be seeing you around man.

Vayseth- You're officially cool in my book.

Kyari- Kyari dont worry about ****** me in pools with pikachu, you did what you had to man. Those link dittos were awesome man, the link boards have been asking about you ya know, you've got mad potential. Hope to catch you at more events.

Asdioh- Nice kirby and a good guy, sorry I couldnt get any matches recorded with you but you tell your link friend that when I get a wii that Ill be happy to show him the ropes.

Blood Hawk-Thanks for the friendlies, your lucario was inspiring. You'll definately be seeing me around.

DK- Good pool matches man, I was watching you play that naruto game for awhile. Thats **** is crazy!

Y.B.M- Glad to see I wasnt the only link main, It's alright that you didnt use him in tournament and i appreciate you not dittoing me in losers finals. If you ever need advice on anything just feel free to ask man. Ohio crew is too cool

Smash64- When we met at the gas station I was thinking (who is this scrub claiming to be the best ness?)
then we get to the tournament and you just start ****** face. Good **** man, our matches were off the hook and im definately looking forward to the next time we meet. Keep smilin

Infern-Im just gunna pretend that I didnt get consistently 2 stocked by your Ike. I take back what I said about Ike sucking, especially since I main link. Once again ohio crew is just too good.

Ook!-My boy! OOk I really dont know what happened, just when i think i have you, you pull some amazing bull**** and make me look like a fool. The most awesome untechnical DK ive seen, keep it up man. And yea the falcon dittos/ffa were the best.

Jons-Thanks for rootin for me man, even though the odds were against me, I demand more falcon dittos.

Jekyll- The Ganon is pure **** man, I only challenged you to a MM because there is only one outcome when it comes to Link vs Ganon . Yo dolla is mine >=D

Ryzen Xia- Easily one of the coolest dudes i ran into, we had the most epic falco vs link matches and now they're on youtube for the world to see. Your reactions to everything I did were just hilarious.

Samuari Panda- You're the coolest most laid back elitist Ive ever met. Your snake completely wrecked me but I was glad i at least got to take out your diddy. Thanks for all the advice and I look forward to future conversations.

Sliq- Thanks for the matches, Best bowser in brawl period.

Thinka Toga Muba- You guys are the best, St. Louis crew is a force to be reckoned with.

Bludeblade & Dastrn- Thanks for running this awesome tournament.

Once again, excellent tournament with great host. You guys will definately be seeing more of me in the near future.

Deadliest Link in the midwest/Brawl ~Legan

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
well overswarm, i had pool johns, lots of them. Want to hear them? alright you talked me into it.
-noj and bloodhawk were in my pool which there goes 2 spots right of the bat pretty much.
-dr. x beat bloodhawk and jon... how, i don't know but he did.
-jon beat me giving the last spot to him over me
-my pool had 6 people where most had only 5

and bloodhawk as you can see you're not really at fault here, just alot things that could go wrong did go wrong for me.

Vayseth

Smash Master
DK- You think I should wait for Rev 2 to come out before holding an event? I'd like to start Naruto tournaments, and if we can have it so people actually OWN the game that we are tournamenting (since there's no freakin' reason to own GNT4 at this point...) I'd do that.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Vayseth, I guess that is up to you.

I am going to have a Soul Calibur 4 and Naruto Clash Of Revolution 2 tournament in November. I was going to do it on the same day as the All Smash tournament that I hosting, but IDK how many would play Naruto, while I know many of the Calibur people will play the Naruto game. As soon as I get a confirmation for the Brawl tourney I am hosting I will ask about date so I can have that Tournament.

Basically I was going to give people time to practice Revolution 2 before I made a tournament for it.

I guess I'll talk to you more about it on AIM. ^_^ To prevent spam. =p

Mr.E

Smash Lord
lain never MMed me, the MM set we started got interrupted, right as we began, by the start of the side tournament Friday night. We then later played a game or two rotating 1v1 matches in a small group (before singles on Saturday), with no prior agreement that these fights would constitute a money match. Shut up lain.

As for the custom stages tournament... I think the platforms on Plain were too low but I can't pinpoint exactly why. I think it's the fact that larger characters stick up through them, making them unable to utilize them as protection from above like any other platform. But analyzing that, is it any worse of a problem than the bias against short characters with traditional platforms, who lack the reach to punish opponents who land above them with ground attacks? *shrug*

The bowl-shaped stage was my favorite one. It's sort of refreshing in that it made side kills harder than normal, being able to get down in the bowl and tech or at least skid the flood and slow momentum, like a non-walkoff version of GHZ (and no checkpoint) or a non-broken version of SMI. There really aren't any regular tournament stages that make side kills more difficult, ala Jungle Japes for ceiling kills, so I found it good in that sense.

Equity was the starter stage with the moving platforms? If there's a way to make those platforms move opposite each other (such that they both move outward at the same time, then meet in the middle) it'd be pretty cool I think. Otherwise I don't have much of an opinion on this one nor the last stage.

Pikachu plushie is top tier.

so anyone gonna explain what happened in ook vs OS?
We were mostly just ragging on OS for being a lame-*** MK converter. ;) I think he also got owned by the Klaptrap twice, hoho! Other reasons for excitement may or may not be because it went down to 100+ / 100+ and MK getting beat. Sorry I couldn't make it sound more entertaining.

Alternatively, "You had to be there." Which I guess is true, since it didn't get recorded...

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vayseth, I guess that is up to you.

I am going to have a Soul Calibur 4 and Naruto Clash Of Revolution 2 tournament in November. I was going to do it on the same day as the All Smash tournament that I hosting, but IDK how many would play Naruto, while I know many of the Calibur people will play the Naruto game. As soon as I get a confirmation for the Brawl tourney I am hosting I will ask about date so I can have that Tournament.

Basically I was going to give people time to practice Revolution 2 before I made a tournament for it.

I guess I'll talk to you more about it on AIM. ^_^ To prevent spam. =p
I would SO come to that if I was going to be around here in November, but I'm moving.

I'll try to get those games going in Phoenix probably.

lain

Smash Master
Lain- Lain you are easily the weirdest/coolest kid ever. Thanks for being my doctor Phil when i told you i had to play Noj first round in brackets. I ended up taking a match off him and getting him to 1stock 50%+.
Anytime baby! Too good, since NOJ basically 2-0'ed everyone he played.

lain never MMed me, the MM set we started got interrupted, right as we began, by the start of the side tournament Friday night. We then later played a game or two rotating 1v1 matches in a small group (before singles on Saturday), with no prior agreement that these fights would constitute a money match. Shut up lain.
Eat a ****, liar.

this is a shoutout 2 all my homies. haha. i dont know who you are, but you know who i am. haha. seriously,. nice to put a face on some of yous out there. i played some badass iceclimbers and i dont remember who it was, but i was up a stock, and you 130 dmg chaingrabbed me ftw. right on brotha
LOL tis was me. Bthrow -> Dthrow all day baby. :laugh:

:colorful:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so anyone gonna explain what happened in ook vs OS?
All I saw was the last stock of the last match...I was busy playing pools. Anyway, Ook died, and came back and did his chest-pounding taunt, and the crowd cheered, really loud. Then he dsmashed MK for the ko and the crowd cheered really loud again :p

Mr. E, good stuff in doubles :D
Team "Beep!" ftw
I like how one of our opponents said something like "now the real stuff begins" when I got ROB's power on the last stock XD

Anther

Smash Champion
OS - By far the scariest Operating System on earth. Even with your super overpowered new char (jk) our games were close an intense as ever... Except for that skyworld one.. *Cough cough* Good shiz in doubles with Joshu, yall were beasting. ;p. I'ma have to agree with Blood hawk and say there was so much more personality in your ROB =p.

Ook - XD, good stuff in Random doubles. We were pwnzing until we didn't pwnz that one time. Really nice DK you had going on and good job in those matches against OS in Pools. You put on a great show XD. Wish I had time to get some friendlies in with ya.

Blood - BLOOD HAWK! We've been at the last 2 tourneys together and have only played doubles. We do have to do something about that 1-1 record

DarkKakashi - We should've played some gamesies. It's good to hear you're about to take up Pikachu again, he's mad fun, and Pikachu dittos are mad funsies. Too many sies in this shoutout, I apologize for it, but I don't regret it XD. I would've played you and Vayvay in Naruto but yall seemed to know what you were doing a bit to the point I would've got my *** kicked XD.

Legan - It's always interesting to meet the people I've only chatted with and played online in the real. The way you play link is so **** crazy and you press way too many buttons XD.. Fun games that we played and you better come to some more tourneys =]

Think - I was such depression when you beat me in that friendly and then said you were walking away on that note. I thought you were joking, and I turned behind to look for you and you were just gone XD. Shex Jiggly you have, it was fun watching you repping Pokemon XD.

Dastrn - Sad to hear that we won't be seeing you around much more. I heard you mention something about the midwest corner.. you were at pound 3?!.. err.. Great tourney as always, and you hosted my only 2 'big' tourney wins and I don't know what I'm gonna do without you =[.

Lain - Such an *******, good job at getting better XD. I see you're placing below joel again though ;p. Stop sandbagging singles =p.

Lil Plush Pikachu - You're a ***** and need a shower, but good times hanging out. You were hilarious at the tournament and I'm going to feel really weird if I make this shoutout to you any longer.

-----
omg how are you guys typing shoutouts to every single person in the bracket.. T___T
-----

Joshu - Nice job ownzing it up in doubles. You and OS make a 'decent'' team ;p. Good shizzy getting 3rd too and beating Joel in a set. I think it was joel...

Princess Aura - I don't think we played but that match you played on coneria with the lasers and the bucket was pringles. I don't know what that means yet, the once you pop the fun don't stop explaination wasn't good enough XD.

Sliq - You don't realize how scared I was when I was playing against your bowser. You don't play a fair game at all XD. GRRR! > RAWR! Anyday punk.

1der - I'm so glad there were no pirate ships involved in our matches this time XD.

Kel - We didn't play and look what happened. The 5th place curse was lifted =D... D:...

Doctor X - Yeah, I realized I had lied when I said we didn't play. My badsies.

Samurai - : Panda - mwahahahahahahaaa

!!!!!

Ryzen - XD, SURPRISE!! You were too effing hilarious. Chicago Shenanigans and all, good stuff and things with the impressions you made XD, stealing money from mm's, bragging about your pen, having a youtube video of you sliding into a trashcan... (That I couldn't find), it was good meeting ya =P.

Asdioh - Fun games we played. Apparently you're a diglett main too? You should've played him some against me. Epic Explanation of the OS match, that's exactly how it happened in my mind too.

OOK - 2nd Shoutout - Because DK Chest pound taunt in game and in RL -> Crowd going wild -> dsmash kill on Metaknight was too good.

Kyari - Nice surprise visit at the tourney. You never pika ditto me anymore though ;_;. come back to the fun!

k, I'm falling asleep, I'll do more shoutouts later unless I'm lying.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Princess Aura - I don't think we played but that match you played on coneria with the lasers and the bucket was pringles. I don't know what that means yet, the once you pop the fun don't stop explaination wasn't good enough XD.
LOL
wow you got ownd by team donut anyways Anther :)

i wish i was good at shoutout but i suck at them
GG to all tho :) i wish i coulda win for my friends one day..... oh well ill try to write some shoutouts later but dont hate mail me if i dont mention you :)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Think - I was such depression when you beat me in that friendly and then said you were walking away on that note. I thought you were joking, and I turned behind to look for you and you were just gone XD. Shex Jiggly you have, it was fun watching you repping Pokemon XD.
It was all a mindgame to cause intense psychological damage.

This of it as a Jigglypuff d-throw.

Princess Aura - I don't think we played but that match you played on coneria with the lasers and the bucket was pringles. I don't know what that means yet, the once you pop the fun don't stop explaination wasn't good enough XD..
I'm sure it made tons of sense in your head. I can respect that.

BIG C

Smash Master
one shoutout

rook - rofl man sorry bout mario circuit you played well until the one mistake on last stock. and then sorry for giving iggy that idea as well.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The only videos I got from the tourney:

West (Kirby) vs Smash64 (Ness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OtY87ijU40 match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdoebyz_DRo match 2

West (Kirby) vs Ignatius (Meta Knight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxfj0DSp3M

read video descriptions for more details

People were too lazy to hold my camera...thanks to that one guy who recorded my matches vs Smash, and thanks to PrincessAura for recording the one against Iggy, and thanks to Tink for distracting her.

Edit: I forgot to add that I have 3 matches of Legan (Link) vs. Ryzen (Falco) uploaded. Just click one of the other videos, and go to "more from this user".

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wheres the vids from this tourney? I completely missed the finals.
The power was out all day yesterday, so I haven't had time to upload videos. Hopefully I'll be able to do it at work tomorrow. :)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'ma do shoutouts later tonight. But I'm stuck watching a 4 hour bollywood movie for class right now :/

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Vayseth - Articuno Jynx, nidorina, beedrill, haunter, squirtle,.....chansey! Pokemon!

Too good dude. Next time, we karaoke in front of everyone.
Charmeleon, Wartortle. Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl! Omanyte, Slowpoke. something something, that's all, folks! <--all I can remember.

I just came here to say that the videos I uploaded of freaking Legan have possibly gotten more comments than all my other videos combined, after just over a day -_-

freakin'..

Anther

Smash Champion
Hay upload the bracket to photobucket or Allisbrawl or something. I haven't seen a tourney bracket in months.

Anther

Smash Champion
I didn't read that as Dk and that just makes your wolf gross. Though I'm not judging anyone for their lifestyle choices and still accept you as a person.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I didn't read that as Dk and that just makes your wolf gross. Though I'm not judging anyone for their lifestyle choices and still accept you as a person.
...this caused a very inappropriate rofl in the workplace. Thanks Anther, now I look like a douche.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Aight so this tournament was like pretty random for me by far the most epic due to the fact i came with literally 0 dollars and depended on the MW to pay for all my crap :) And the MW did just that and i actually won a lil bit of money so thanks Rofa/Lain and whoever else gave me money DEFINATLY not vayseth since he said he would help out but didnt!

but for shotuouts although i have a bad memory ill try to get a few out, i havent done this prolly since i quit back in 04 early 05.

FIRST OFF

LEGAN- Wow just wow about that Link. by far the best Link ive ever seen and prolly the best Link period, i dont see anyone stepping up trying to prove you wrong on that sooo, just keep doin what you do. I seriously was so warmed up after our set. It pretty much came down to u made 1 little mistake and i took advantage of it the best i could and barley pulled a win. It sux such talent would have to play eachother first round but it happens. By far the most inspiring person to me at the tournament tier list wise, hell and just as a player also.Keep it up.

Kel- wow thanks for making me play the longest match ive ever played in a tournament, i was gonna let the time run out just so it would be complete but u were in the high 60's and if i let the time run out without trying some slick **** i would be laughed at for a long time, i guess it wouldent have changed anything but yeah LOL. last match was just to close i had alot of matches that could have easily not favored me, i just had a good day.

The rest of Gunpunch- i didnt get to play sliq but hes as funny with his stupid coments as always lol. i dont even think tries to be funny theres some people i just laugh when i hear them say anything lol. OS i like the MK more especially if thats ur first tourney with him(which we know it was)ROB is still a good character you just never really unlocked his spam tactics, i guess its easier with meta knight, but they are both good chars so dont stop playing ur ROB. And i know i ***** alot about counter picks and such but like the secret is i actually like peoples ******** counter picks because MOST of the time it hurts them more than me i swear to god its been like that since melee, people pick poke floats... and i get a sheik Usmash kill at 30%.. then i have to feel bad as to WHY THE F IS THIS LEVEL EVEN ON SO PEOPLE CAN HURT THEMSELVES WITH THEIR OWN IGNORANCE... but i digress. i just try to help lol, ooh and dont get me killed IRL by not posting vidz thx.

Team Donut - sry i didnt win it for my friends but i felt bad after telling anther he could have the 60, then to see him like either playing bad or just getting a beat down kinda made me just say F it on the last match, plus it was late or whatever. in my mind i won, sure thats a john or whatever but i know what i know :) team donut is just to good Faye lets kill more anubis somtime oh and stop living 10 hours away plz :)

Ook - i heard those matches baby my ears havent bled like that since FAST1 :)

Bloodhawk - Yeh i was really nervous against you at Rofas but i kinda figured you out by the end of the set. And it wasnt easy and you definatly got better but so did i :) we didnt get to play much but everywhere i turn i hear bloodhawk this and blodhawk that ... it can get intimidating. Kepp it up i want you to be the best Lucario so if i ever play Azen itll be a wash.

Rofa / rest of MI - usually for Mi i just say you all suck and things like that lol but since Anther won i guess hes good, the rest of MI you suck yes me included.

Plush Pikachu - i just wanted to be the very best heh what can i say :)

Joshu - Way to come out of no where i made a prediction that you would win a tournament like around the time of Rofas event with your wario but your DDD looks good as well :) I played Seibrik in Florida hes really good, he played sheik in melee and just chain grabbed so DDD kinda suited him well and i got better against DD becuase of him. Nice job in Winners though you kinda took me off guard so i had to step it up a lil bit in finals. Ouch man Pirate ship kinda screwed you. I swear if you guys would just pick regular levels you would do so much better. pick a level like that is kinda like giving yourself a Handicap... i guess i dono i guess ill never understand the ship style counter picks... cept Poke floats god you guys are ***** annoying with that :) Roll Utilt 2 good :)

Tink - Howdy boyz! LOL wow to good lol
one of my first inspirational moments of brawl, the game actually has a little hope. Teams has always been better than singles tho so i guess thats fitting. Oh and Melee GW combos are to good son :)

Big - sry for stealing your partner then epic failing :/ we didnt play this time around but im sure you had bigger fish to fry :)

i know i missing alot of people but i mean **** i cant remember everything with such a limited attention span lol
And yes i got to my job orientation alright so everything went smoothly as planned. i was worried for a little while about the money situation after teams ESPECIALLY after we lost more money to joshu and OS. Dont worry guys me and vidjo will take it back next time we play :)

so yeah thats pretty much it guys thanks for commin out to the tourney. if i missed you leave a message and ill do my infamous triple/quadruple post if i have to :)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
WTON was too good. One of the best tournaments I've gone to so far. I just wish that there was a third day, since there were sooooo many people I wanted to play against but there just wasn't enough time.

Anther : <3

Joel: I should stop sandbagging against you. And by "sandbagging," I mean "not pulling nades every second."

Joshu: Battering ram was so good that it got you to 3rd. Way to break the game, Joshu. I should really play you sometime but I'm too scared of DDD :/

Tink: How is this the first time I've ever played you? Your Wario tore me a new one.... I have no idea how to play against him. I gotta MM you next time you're around.

Overswarm: Tons more MMs I wanted to do, but people kept calling me one place or another :/ And I know exactly what you're talking about with the advice you gave me, and I have some awesome ideas to take my Snake to the next level. But the problem is that I don't want to anymore. I keep getting better with Snake while wanting to drop him, so I just don't want to dedicate the time get better with him. I dunno what Im gonna do. We'll see.

Sliq: I didn't play you at all. And I'm kinda happy. 'Cause I woulda lost and you'd make fun of me. Which is why we all <3 you.

Lain: ...Didn't you main DDD going into this?

Rofa: We gotta play some more at one of our places. Your MK is getting beastly.

1der: Your Mario is still scary to me.

Kel: Its funny that you try so hard to make MK seem bad that you're willing to even underestimate yourself. You're good, even without MK.

Blood Hawk: BloodPanda will evolve to the next level when we bust through teams again. Nobody will know what hit them.

Smash64: Wtf hax. I'm not gonna lose in pools next time :D

Doctor X: You've gotten so much better now that you've stopped spamming ATs and just learned to use them when necessary. GJ dude.

Samurai(no space)Panda: Get f'ing better. You suck.

Big C: Wow, way to figure out Mario Circuit wasn't banned. Silly, silly stuff.

Legan: Dude, I wanted to talk to you more but we kept getting interrupted. You're going to get so much better when you go to more tournaments. Best Link in the world? I think so.

Nojoes: Our MMs are always fun. I just don't like doing Snake dittos if I can help it :D

Omniswell: I'm thinking about switching to Wolf. His Nair is just too good.

Rook: You've got some potential, man. And you basically taught me that my Diddy sucks :/

Asdioh: Fun friendlies. Except when you slid off the platform. That wasn't very fun.

OOK: OOK! I want to pick up DK now because you were just too epic.

Thinkaman: You need to stop ****** me with jiggs. Seriously. None of my fun characters can do well against you. Its just plain silly.

Kyari: ****it, we didn't play this time. But next time for sure.

Iggy: I've finally met the infamous Iggy. We should play sometime, I hear good things about your Fox.

Scala: I could never imagine going out of state without you. <3 Scala

Jons: Dude, we totally haven't played for a looong time.

Epic: You have not-playing-MK johns. I understand.

Princess Aura: I've rarely met a girl who is also a nerd, but I've never met a girl with more nerd shirts than I do. You're bad for my nerd pride :/

DastrnMaco: Its always fun talking to you, man. I know waaay too much about this game, so I like to unload whenever I can, and you're always willing to listen. You're the kinda guy that has a ton of potential if you could only make it out to more tournaments.

Infern Angelis: I hate Ike. And I hate your Ike. Stop beating my Snake. Just... just stop.

Dark Kakashi: Oh man, Naruto is too good. And by Naruto is too good, I mean you're too good at Naruto.

TheBlueBlade: Nice job TO'ing, man. You had everything running smoothly, which is definitely no easy feat.

Now I'm late for class. Stupid shoutouts.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
OS how the HELL did you upload so many videos in such a short time? Are the file sizes short? The ones I record with that camera come to like 150 MB for 3 minutes. Takes forever.

Top Bottom