• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTON - September 12th & 13th - Winona Lake, Indiana ))Midwest Circuit Event((

lain

Smash Master
a human with a random cpu sounds ********.

however, actual doubles with all random characters sounds sexy.

basically, it's the classic random tourney only in doubles format.

each team gets one mulligan.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
so i decided that I'm beating Kel forcing him to get anything but 5th I'll also be eliminating lain and anther.

ok maybe not anther, and kel will FIND a way to get 5th somehow..... making my plan fail.

now i'm gonna laugh when my plan bacfires and i look like a moron hahahaha ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-PaeYJ6YxQ

QUIVO

Smash Master
So... if I drive down to Cincy, will someone give me a ride to this?

OR

Someone from Columbus wanna drive me to this?

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I will not be able to go to this event even though I want to go to a tournament so badly.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Yes! But unsure of them right now. One I know is something Brawl related (the first one), and the second one, well, there has been some hype about some classic game, i.e. Tecmo Super Bowl, but not sure on #2 just yet, and it'll only cost like a dollar (the second event).
DO THIS!

Oh, and random teams... yeah sure, why not?

lain

Smash Master
omg let's have a side tourney on the megaman fighting game in the anniversary collection.

too goods.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
omg let's have a side tourney on the megaman fighting game in the anniversary collection.

too goods.
**** lain and others, keep coming up with these awesome side side tournament ideas, I'll probably have a poll with all of them soon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
These side tournament ideas are 222 good BlueBlade.

If it is okay with BlueBlade and Bloodhawk, I'd like to run a side tournament with a few custom stages created by members of the SBR... probably a tiny tournament, round robin, like 5 or 6 people at most. Would anyone be interested in that?

These stages would be starter-viable stages, btw.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Sure! I'd play on them. I just went to a tournament were you were only allowed to play on neutrals and it was interesting, almost like a different game. If we end up doing customs only, that would be interesting too.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
OS, you know I'm down for that. Are these made through the custom stage editor, or the hacked version of it? Because it seems like there are tons of possibilities with the hacked version.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Personally I'd prefer something a little more off-the-wall than an almost-normal tournament using neutral-type custom stages. *shrug*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Personally I'd prefer something a little more off-the-wall than an almost-normal tournament using neutral-type custom stages. *shrug*
The goal isn't really fun, but more research into custom stages with fun as a side prospect. ;)

Mr.E

Smash Lord
The goal isn't really fun, but more research into custom stages with fun as a side prospect. ;)
I don't see what there is to "research" about custom Melee-FD clones and the like. The real experimentation would come using stuff like moving platforms, different main stage shapes other than simple big and flat base, and all that jazz -- stuff that isn't necessarily neutral!

I'm sure I'll be participating regardless of whatever we end up doing, though.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Answer to Omniswell (and others who are interested): Yes, you have to pay the full $10, and this will be non-negotiable. Our concern is some people will bail out after pay on food, including after we pay for all the food, and then we won't have to charge $8, and have to worry about giving change in singles as well as have millions of singles. So if you do stay the night, you must pay $10. Sorry for this inconvenience if it is for some.

Top Bottom