• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP7: The Stuff of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I know I never even posted saying I was interested or even writing a story but I have like 8,000 words, a very rough draft, and I just haven't found the time to edit it. Whatever, I'll just enter the next WWYP, just for the record, this was a very short deadline.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I didn't make it this time. I'm really disappointed with myself because I know if I worked a little harder it could have been done. I was sooo close. Anyway, I posted what I did get done in the CM. I'll finish it, but there's no point in throwing it together tonight.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So my computer crashed earlier today, and I spent all afternoon trying to get it fixed. I finally just formatted it, so it's working just fine...after the deadline passes.

: (

I didn't even get a chance to finish the story because I was trying to get this **** computer working. I have 29 hand-written pages, so once I finish it, I guess I'll just post it in CM.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
That sucks. I had the flu and the doctor was worried about me also picking up pneumonia on the side. I have about 5 bottles of medication that I'm swallowing my way through. That's my excuse. I had the start of one before the plague struck, but it'll probably never get finished now.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Awwwwwww yeah.
I'd hit that!
If there's one thing I simply cannot resist, it's any story with ghosts, eccentric monsters, and downer Endings!!(!!!one!!!!)

If you make the prompt about the afterlife, I'll give you a Twinky bar. And sex. But the Twinky bar is what we all want, right?

So I didn't make it this time. I'm really disappointed with myself because I know if I worked a little harder it could have been done. I was sooo close.
Bah. I was really freakin' close... I swear. had I not had school today, I could've done it.
I've finally got it screwed in my head. WWYP = Get of your arse and write fast, ****mit!

Anyways, good luck to everyone! :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
theres are some hardcore johns

for real, i think the worst things happen to people when they want to get some honest work done

i hope you dont have to spend money on your computer, jam, and i hope you feel a lot better, wobbles.

pokeymane gets bonus points for "no excuses", and blackadder just needs to drop out of school

problems solved

im looking forward to the afterlife prompt. PLEASE make it happen.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Dropping out of school is the best thing I've heard all day, apart from "Hmmm... Tasty!".

From now, if my online Smash life is in trouble, school will suffer!
The biggest john is this crap though:

Oh yeah, I lost my writing arm in a sword battle.
Seriously....
'Tis but a scratch!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I just hope we use up all the johns, so Scav has to judge on time.

Quick, use them all!

-my dog ate

-my grandma came by and

-my house _____

-ive been lazy

-you should have expected

-so many _____, i just didnt _____

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I'd hit that!
If there's one thing I simply cannot resist, it's any story with ghosts, eccentric monsters, and downer Endings!!(!!!one!!!!)

If you make the prompt about the afterlife, I'll give you a Twinky bar. And sex. But the Twinky bar is what we all want, right?
im looking forward to the afterlife prompt. PLEASE make it happen.
Man, I sure hope you guys are on the Council of Robot Elders.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
theres are some hardcore johns

for real, i think the worst things happen to people when they want to get some honest work done
No Sh*t, in just one week I find out my best friend bashed his head and got amnesia, and my mother's been admitted to a mental ward. Seriously, I'm not lying.

Nonetheless, I managed to write something.
I was almost there.

But no.

Instead of working on it last night, I was arguing with my friends over MSN.

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

EDIT:

I really liked Raul's and Tom's stories.

Especially yours Raul, because your character seems alot like spiderman to me, and I like Spiderman.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I have to say Blackadder, that Gannondorf avatar is looking pretty sexy with your orange name

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Virg asked yesterday about a few late entries, and I said sure. To make it fair, anyone can post a story until 10pm central tonight. I'll unlock the story threads should anyone want to make a final change.

This is not a week-long extension. Any entries posted after 10pm will be sacked.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Virg asked yesterday about a few late entries, and I said sure. To make it fair, anyone can post a story until 10pm central tonight. I'll unlock the story threads should anyone want to make a final change.

This is not a week-long extension. Any entries posted after 10pm will be sacked.
YES I LOVE YOU WITH MOUTH

Blackadder

Smash Master
I have to say Blackadder, that Gannondorf avatar is looking pretty sexy with your orange name
Haha, thanks.
It does look pretty awesome on me, doesn't it? ;)
Not to be a fashion victim but... I'm lookin' FA-BU-LOSE!

10 PM Central Time...
Currently 1:25 AM (Why am I even up now?) for me... so if I sleep for a few hours, and get up really damm early, and write like nobody's business...

Hmmm. We'll see.

raul

Smash Lord
I really liked Raul's and Tom's stories.

Especially yours Raul, because your character seems alot like spiderman to me, and I like Spiderman.
Well thank you Vyse, I appreciate the kind words. You know its funny, when I worked at the Home Depot a while back, I used to climb all over the beams and steel work to get products down for customers. Now, what you don't know is my real name is Pete, so when other guys saw me doing that, they would call me Peter Parker in reference to Spider Man. And here I am today editing a story about a super hero which reminds you of Spider Man. Crazy story? Pointless story? Perhaps.

Oh and why is my name Raul on SWF? Because it was the name I used in 6th grade Spanish Class. It kind of stuck with me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Oh thank god, I can actually do a better edit this time.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This would have been an infinitely more useful extension if I wasn't at work all day today.

-_-

Stupid Australia.

EDIT:
Happy birthday -_-

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
If the number of contestants doesn't jump astronomically, will the number of pieces selected per judge decrease, or will it stay at 5?

raul

Smash Lord
If the number of contestants doesn't jump astronomically, will the number of pieces selected per judge decrease, or will it stay at 5?
Well, I know that Jam will be entering his piece tonight, so that would give us 7 (me, Eor, Matt, Tom, Vyse, Fawriel). Assuming noone outside of those 7 enter, I think the judges should select 4 stories each as favorites, and then decide the winner from those 12. Thats just my thoughts though. Plus I am sure more people will enter.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'd assume Pokemonmaster will enter, moving that up to 8. Just that, at the moment, if none of them enter, every judge will just pick 5, meaning one person is going to be feeling very inferior.

raul

Smash Lord
I'd assume Pokemonmaster will enter, moving that up to 8. Just that, at the moment, if none of them enter, every judge will just pick 5, meaning one person is going to be feeling very inferior.
Oh and maybe Blackadder too, so nine. But yes, someone will feel left out...or there could just be 1 or 2 honorable mentions....

Blackadder

Smash Master
Oh and maybe Blackadder too, so nine. But yes, someone will feel left out...or there could just be 1 or 2 honorable mentions....
That depends on how long we have left -- I'd assumed we had about 10 mins or something left buy now. What with my sadly placed timezone, and my need for sleep. :(

How much longer left is there?

raul

Smash Lord
That depends on how long we have left -- I'd assumed we had about 10 mins or something left buy now. What with my sadly placed timezone, and my need for sleep. :(

How much longer left is there?
Im on the east coast and its 6:20pm right now, so 4 hours for Eastern Time, 5 hours for Central Time

Or is it the other way around....?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It is currently 5:37 central. I (or Virgyjuice) will be closing things down at 10:00 central. So, 4 hours and 23 minutes.

Cort

Apple Head
With this crazy extension for the participants, I demand a 5 month extension on judging time.

*throws papers angrily*

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm throwing in the towel. Even if I do finish by the deadline, this story is just simply too long. I'm on page 32 (handwritten) and I just passed the halfway point. It sucks that my submission won't be turned in, but I really do appreciate the contest for getting me to write it in the first place. I intend to finish it and post it in CM, so would some of you guys read it anyway?

raul

Smash Lord
I'm throwing in the towel. Even if I do finish by the deadline, this story is just simply too long. I'm on page 32 (handwritten) and I just passed the halfway point. It sucks that my submission won't be turned in, but I really do appreciate the contest for getting me to write it in the first place. I intend to finish it and post it in CM, so would some of you guys read it anyway?
How can I say no after you read and edit all my stuff. Youre **** right I will.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I will definitely be reading everyone's piece this week. Since the threads will be locked, look out for an IM from me after I read it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But Jam, we have another three hours! Surely you can start tonight. And, of course, start it off with mine. Then take a long, long break for everyone elses.

raul

Smash Lord
But Jam, we have another three hours! Surely you can start tonight. And, of course, start it off with mine. Then take a long, long break for everyone elses.
Hate to break it to you, Eor, but Jam already read and revised mine a few days ago. So technically you come second, but surely after your's Jam can take a nice long break. :chuckle:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hate to break it to you Pete, but Jam read mine before he read yours, because we experienced a relationship kin to that of Vulcan lovers, who telepathically communicate with each other in a manner similar to the Mind Meld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom