• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP7: The Stuff of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Scav said he is getting me his scores with in the days.

On the other hand, I can't get in touch with Cort :(

Cort

Apple Head
Sorry, I've been banned + nowhere near my house for the last few days. I can't get on AIM until tomorrow morning >__>

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Scav told me by Friday and I still haven't heard back from Cort.

Sorry guys: I really didn't think this would last that long :(

raul

Smash Lord
Scav told me by Friday and I still haven't heard back from Cort.

Sorry guys: I really didn't think this would last that long :(
I realize it is no one's fault, since we all have obligations outside the wwyp contests, but I am just trying to figure out an approximate time so I don't annoy everyone by asking: Is this this week? How about this week? etc etc.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Talked with Scav yesterday; he's still not finished.

Tried to get in touch with Cort; failed.

I'm done though! Yay me!
However, I'm not going to post them until I get them all to avoid the trickle down affect of Scav thinking another delay won't be so bad since they all ready have some scores...

that Scav...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It's supposed to mean "Is Cort still going to be a judge since no one has any idea how far along his progress is and avoids everyone on aim"

Cort

Apple Head
None of which is true.

Shouldn't you be moderating forum games or whatever useless subforum you moderate?

raul

Smash Lord
Talked with Scav yesterday; he's still not finished.

Tried to get in touch with Cort; failed.

I'm done though! Yay me!
However, I'm not going to post them until I get them all to avoid the trickle down affect of Scav thinking another delay won't be so bad since they all ready have some scores...

that Scav...
Probably a smart idea. What about you Cort, anywhere near finished?

Cort

Apple Head
I have all the stories ranked, I just need to sort out point values to reflect those ranks. And I've had that done for a while >_>

Riding on Scav's laziness for the win.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Last I heard, you were having difficulty scoring. And then no one heard from you in a long time. Every time Virg posted, he said he couldn't get in contact with you. And when I try to get in contact with you, it turns out you've already blocked my aim, despite me having never talked to you before! Heaven forbid I question if you're still doing it.

Cort

Apple Head
Last I heard, you were having difficulty scoring. And then no one heard from you in a long time. Every time Virg posted, he said he couldn't get in contact with you. And when I try to get in contact with you, it turns out you've already blocked my aim, despite me having never talked to you before! Heaven forbid I question if you're still doing it.
Yeah, I already blocked your AIM cause I never want to see your screen name on my monitor. Heaven forbid having a private list!

I've gotten in contact with Virg enough, he just seems to post at all the wrong times and never tells people I'm alive.

You should pester Scav when he'll be done, because I've been 'done' for quite awhile (enough to determine who the top 4 are at least).

Raul, the results will be posted whenever Scav submits them to Virg. Me and Virg are like this *crosses fingers*

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The bickering and johns are unnecessary.

All three judges missed their deadlines, and I would frown upon Cort and Scav judging again.

raul

Smash Lord
The bickering and johns are unnecessary.

All three judges missed their deadlines, and I would frown upon Cort and Scav judging again.
I agree, but I don't think it would be a huge deal if Cort or Scave judged again, unless this is something thats been reoccuring long before I entered the contests.

However, it makes sense to find judges, whether 2 or 3 of them, who have more time than most to dedicate it towards the contests and the results deadlines. I'm not saying someone must be on smashboards constantly updating us, but someone who can find the time to read and post results in a timely fashion.

raul

Smash Lord
Well I think Virg and Cort can remain judges. Cort apparently has been done for a while, but Scav didnt post any results and Virg probably would haven't been that late had he not been ill. So perhaps we can consider alternatives for the next contest. I noticed that Tom and Matt have a godd reputation as judges, if they were interested maybe they could fill in here and there. I also think Jam Stunna and Twm_Redcell would be good judges, but that's up to them. And of course there is McCloud, who based solely on his avatar should be a judge.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
In truth, it's not solely who can be a good judge but also who will judge? There are plenty of people that are fully capable of being a competent and insightful judge, but they are wiser than the rest of us and avoid signing up for such pain and agony :)

Cort and Scav: send your scores to my e-mail address (alaskow1@utk.edu) when you have them finalized

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
How's this one, stop arguing and problem solved.

Seriously, Cort, mod or not, flaming is not allowed. You know better.

Cort

Apple Head
I think if Eor or Virgilijus thought I was flaming, they'd give me the warning.

-_- @ CK. Again, what subforum do you moderate?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Thanks for the update, though your sad face says it all. Hows the miniwwyp4 scores coming along?
BAM!

I'm done and Virg is almost done. He's on some kinda trip thingy and we'll have the rankings up on Monday probably. In the meantime you can look at my comments.

raul

Smash Lord
BAM!

I'm done and Virg is almost done. He's on some kinda trip thingy and we'll have the rankings up on Monday probably. In the meantime you can look at my comments.
BAM! Nice Redcell, I thank you for your rather timely responses and before I even look at the scores, I have to say once again your wwyp prompt was alot of fun, thanks for a great prompt.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
OK, I had a talk with ol' Scav and Cort in the meeting of people with four letters in their names and this is what was eventually settled upon:

Cort has some priorities over judging and as such, we're cutting this (and every subsequent WWYP) down to two judges for simplicities sake.

As such, I'm still waiting on Scav's scores :(

I can't express how poorly the scores were returned this time guys. Hopefully we can make it up in some way...that doesn't include using our bodies in carnal ways Matt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom