• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So today has been a pretty boss day. Met an editor of Lost and swapped emails with him, and on top of that, I just caught a Flying Pikachu.

humble

Smash Ace
I'm back from sailing, which was a blast. Caught up on E3, back to the norm. Saw Karate Kid, the title should be changed, I was meh about some parts, but Jackie Chan did a good job stepping out of his comfort zone with the movie and didn't play the part of a clown. Jaden was ok, the fights were interesting, like everyone else thought the ending was pretty awesome. :p

EDIT: Squirtles dtilt can be used to pressure with multihit and the small movement, but I don't know why you'd bother when he has so many other better tools. Its not bad per se, its just not better then the others.

Underload

Lazy
Toy Story 3
karate kid
I'm probably going to go see them both tomorrow, back to back. Y'know, ride one ticket into two salles? That's how I roll.

Also, you PT guys need to start abusing the **** out of Squirtle's crouch and crawl. Like, do testing and stuff to see what you can dodge. It's b0rken.

<Yeah, I felt like dropping in randomly.

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
Hey new to the squirtle boards and such, but is there any use for dtilt?
Actually it's the PT boards. (:

And yeah, like everyone else said, just use it sparingly. Like T-Block said, I never use it, but when I do, it usually hits. F-tilt is almost always the better option though. I guess d-tilt is good at low %s for popping someone up and smacking them in the face with a dropkick, and similar shenanigans.

Also, you PT guys need to start abusing the **** out of Squirtle's crouch and crawl. Like, do testing and stuff to see what you can dodge. It's b0rken.
We've discussed this, and it seems that we haven't really found any ACTUAL practical and reliable use for it that we don't already have covered. Power shield just works better.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
False. I crouch a lot against Falco. If someone's camping, just crouch.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I use it when I feel like it. It usually hits when I do though...can't really explain lol
Ladies and gentlemen. Our new BRoomer... : D

I know what you mean though, despite no reason for it being a good idea springing to mind it never seems to be a bad idea either.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
you met an editor of lost? that's awesome. learn anything cool?
Sooooo much.

For example, the reason Mr. Eko is the only character on the final season poster who's not actually in the final season is because he's a complete pain to deal with. He asked for more money after the poster was made, and they didn't sign him.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
haha thats hilarious. mr. eko was a cool character too, sucks he's a douche =/

tell me all the cool **** you learned, im so interested :D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
typh vs. Zigsta vids are happening this week!

stingers, I'll type up all the stuff I learned once I get my computer fixed, hopefully tomorrow. I don't feel like typing it all over my iPhone. XD

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
An update for fellow PTs

I'm leaving Florida in about a week, I found work in NY but will be staying with my buddy in PA. So i guess NY/PA will be having fun with a FL Pokemon :)

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
False. I crouch a lot against Falco. If someone's camping, just crouch.
Well of course. But I mean, using it like, a lot in combat would probably not be good. I totally agree with the anti-camping deal though. I do that also.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well of course. But I mean, using it like, a lot in combat would probably not be good. I totally agree with the anti-camping deal though. I do that also.
I've been using it a lot more lately; beats spotdodges, and when used in the middle of shield pressure, it shieldstabs a lot more often than you might think. Plus, it has the added effect of hitting many times, unlike the rest of your grounded shield pressure moves, making it so people will get punished for only shielding one attack and attempting to retaliate.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Adam, when I come to NY to visit my eye doctor, we need to meet up!

Venusaur Trainer

Smash Rookie
I finally got some recent PT vids up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlazingKatakiri#p/u/2/MwwAI3df0Zg vs Wolf
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlazingKatakiri#p/u/1/Ekd-crwVcLk vs Ike
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlazingKatakiri#p/u/0/-yL7pAHKLCw vs Snake

Notice anything I should work on? I'm trying to iron out my habits and flaws.
Well I'm definitely not the best PT out there, yet I have some questions.

Why do you switch out your Charizard in every match? You could have had a kill on Wolf with a b-throw instead of f-throwing and switching to Squirtle during the first match.

Your Ivysaur is good, I like seeing good Ivysaurs :bee: Grass type will rule you all, no matter what! Yet I probably would have switched her out after the kill against Wolf. Charizard is harder to gimp.

Do you full hop on purpose? The reason I'm asking is that I personnaly am struggling to short hop reliably. And the way you fight with Squirtle looks like mine, with aerials coming down from full hops. It tends to makes me too predictable, therefore punishable.

My comments, for what it's worth :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
that must be one hell of an eye doctor for you to fly cross country for
Yeah. He's the world's leading expert on dry eyes.

And on a side note, I'm probably going to Disneyland again this weekend.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm planning on going to Pixar sometime this summer, which is in Emeryville. If you could house me, that would be awesome.

Variable

Smash Ace
So I've started playing Pokemon Trainer. I play this game mostly online and for fun. I'd play offline if that were and option and I don't have much time for tournaments. Don't get me wrong I play to win, but If I'm not having fun while playing, then there's just no point. Which is why I'm starting to use PT. I think he's probably the most fun character in the game. :D I love switching from the different pokemon, and playing as a team.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
When I'm back in Austin in August, I'll gladly teach you PT in person, Variable.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Got bored at the TO desk today, so I took a permanent marker to my arm. Here are the results:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Reflex makin' dat bank.

I just got back from a mixer with film students/actors from Temple University, Florida State, and Syracuse.

Gettin' dem numbers.

Vermy

Smash Champion
@T-Block: I haven't picked up a pencil in a while, and I started a new job about 4 weeks ago, so I could actually afford to get those tattoos doe just yet...

@Magik: Yes it is. Adventure Time is amazing. There's also Bender from Futurama and a Stormtrooper Hello Kitty in there.

@Zigsta: Thanks Zigsta.

I've been wanting to get a cartoon/anime/vg character sleeve since I was 16, and the 3 PT pokes are on the list of who's going on it. Other tentative characters are Growlithe, Blanka, Ryu and Cody (Street Fighter), Cell Shaded Link (NOT Toon Link), Re-L (Ergo Proxy), The Thing from Fantastic Four and others I forgot.

Top Bottom