• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
real talk: i get ***** in mario party all the time. the only game i won on that channel is the mario party 1 LP.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
real talk: i get ***** in mario party all the time. the only game i won on that channel is the mario party 1 LP.
I should totally make a Let's Play for Mario Kart. I get wrecked harder in that game than you do in Mario Party...and EVEN harder than the Steelers got wrecked last night.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'm a ****ing beast at mario kart wii, and was also a beast at double dash!! when i played it regularly. i've been trying for almost a year now to get a LAN adapter for the gamecube so we could hook two of those mother****ers up and play 8 PLAYER MARIO KART HOLY MOLY

also we are going to be playing mario party 3 this thursday so keep an eye out for that if you like the LPs lol

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
They look pretty sweet, except for Drillbur. But they will only use starter pokemon, provided he's even still in the game. Or maybe they'll move to 2nd gen... or no changes but I doubt that.

T-block

B2B TST
I was totally expecting the swap coins, but I still burst out laughing when it happened.

MKDS is like...the only Mario Kart worth playing.

The epic title exchange was lost on most people =(

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The epic title exchange was lost on most people =(
I'm still wondering who kept changing the title.

Actually, KEEPS changing this title. I titled this thread "Steeler is mad salty," and now it's "Steeler is a mad salty."

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey guys. im a pit main and im considering dropping my other secondaries to learn pt. i think pt is the under rated character in this game as the few who i have played that use him well (so pretty much just Zex) showed that when used properly pt is a force to be reckoned with. also if it wasn't for degenerating damage and knockback i would dare to say squirtle would be A tier. so give me your honest opinion should i take up pt as my secondary or is it a waste of my time?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
hey guys. im a pit main and im considering dropping my other secondaries to learn pt. i think pt is the under rated character in this game as the few who i have played that use him well (so pretty much just Zex) showed that when used properly pt is a force to be reckoned with. also if it wasn't for degenerating damage and knockback i would dare to say squirtle would be A tier. so give me your honest opinion should i take up pt as my secondary or is it a waste of my time?
What characters are you having trouble with? As in, who would you want to use PT for?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
On the whole, I don't recommend picking up PT as a secondary, as you're gonna have to practice three characters as opposed to the usual one.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i would mainly be using him against g&w, wario, and olimar as those mus just destroy pit. however i would also use him against those that pit can do great against but fails on counter picks (i.e. anyone who knows that pit as a whole is worse on stages he go under like pk stadiums and YI brawl) also as i keep watching ur vids reflex you make pt look like so much fun to play as. those are the main reasons im considering taking him up. i don't trust mu threads anymore as they are all outdated except for the pit boards but thats cause i played a big part in MAKING them update it so idk wat the mu numbers are for those mus with pt but if you can do beat good chars/players reflex than im motivated to try.

and ya while 3 characters instead of just one would indeed be challenging, i feel the harder the challenge the bigger the reward will be as pt has so much potential in my eyes. but ya reflex ur opinion on my endeavor would greatly appreciated as well as others who may have acknowledgeable skill with pt (not to be rude but are there any other really notable pts? im legitly curious as i just started watchin reflex's vids)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Olimar and GW are doable. I strongly advise against using PT for Wario, though. Squirtle does the best in the MU, but he has trouble killing Wario, and Wario has a guaranteed GR CG to walkoff Waft on Squirtle. This basically means the longer the match gets drawn out, the worse off you're gonna be and the better position Wario will be.

I played PhantomX enough in his prime to realize it's a really really tough MU--even moreso if the Wario actually knows the MU as well as the GR on Squirtle, and EVEN moreso if the Wario plays campy/gay against PT.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I agree with Zigsta, although I would prefer everyone to pick up Pt and devolp this character to his fullest potentional...... the road to mastering this character is long and can be pretty frustrating.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Oh yea PT has one of the worst learning curves in the game...I still remember picking up PT when I was first learning brawl and trying to get melee techs out of my head.

Worst 6 months of my life hands down

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ok i get that it will be hard. does anyone have anything positive to say about their character here besides g&w and olimar are doable? seriously lots of negativity goin on i almost feel obligated to take him up just to get good with him like reflex and motivate u guys lol. oh and thanks for the warning against wario zig. ill stick with marth for that mu

btw i really like how quickly u guys respond!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My PT's too rusty for me to feel comfortable about any MUs now, but I always found Ganon, Falcon, and DK to be really easy.

Samus, too.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My PT's too rusty for me to feel comfortable about any MUs now, but I always found Ganon, Falcon, and DK to be really easy.

Samus, too.
I also really like the Wolf MU. I tend to test myself by playing the Falco MU as well. I do surprisingly well.
Bowser vs Charizard is really funny, to add.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh yea PT has one of the worst learning curves in the game...
Good it's not just me :urg:.
ok i get that it will be hard. does anyone have anything positive to say about their character here besides g&w and olimar are doable? seriously lots of negativity goin on i almost feel obligated to take him up just to get good with him like reflex and motivate u guys lol. oh and thanks for the warning against wario zig. ill stick with marth for that mu

btw i really like how quickly u guys respond!
Play PT several times and decide for yourself. High tiers are the best for bad MUs so it's really a matter of if you like PT.
Personally, I think PT's a fun character and kept him as one of my secondaries. ;)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
as soon as i get a new wii ill do that arizen :) omg i can see this challenge being exciting in a week or 2! god i wanna play pt so bad now! ur good outlook is just the little push i needed!

Top Bottom