• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ok I'll host
I'm trying MK for fun to start even though I, ironically, suck with him lol.
Lag can be super frustrating in any form :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
GGs. Gonna go eat. I might have time later tonight to play if you are still available. I landed an up tilt, I can leave the game happy. xD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
GGs. That Utilt has good range, lol. Ganon's just a bad character :/
Yet my friend who plays gannon can wreck me. I think it's just because he play very patiently and I'm too aggro for my own good so I get punished big time for it. I just have to watch myself when I play to make sure I don't just jump into people like I have the habit of doing.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Nice. :p

I don't know about the grab. O.o
Maybe you grabbed is foot (I paused and his foot was the only part that was not behind you), but I don't think his foot is the reason why you landed the grab.
Maybe there is a hitbox behind Charizard when he grabs?

Rizen

Smash Legend
That's always satisfying to do and kill Snake but low% gimps are even sweeter:grin:.

I need help with the Falco MU. Which Pokemon can he CG and to what %s? Falco seriously shuts down my PT:scared:. He's an MU (is it a MU or an MU? It depends if you say the individual letter 'M'- 'em' I guess. English is a dumb language:upsidedown:) that I always used other characters for.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Falco chain-grabs them all until 45%, after that, his CG is useless. Though I could be wrong about Charizard since he is heavier. I feel bad I'm not 100% certain seeing that I play Falcos commonly.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Falco CG Guide said:
:squirtle:
Maximum Grabs: 5. Damage: 37%.
Follow-ups: Buffered Dash > Dair, Fair, Hyphen Up-Smash, Buffered Dash > Nair, Bair and Uair. F-Tilt angled upward, Stutter Step F-Smash.
Additional Notes: For Squirtle, you can buffering a standing re-grab after the first Down-Throw. For the rest of the Chaingrab, you can do Walking or Dashing.

Follow up Damages - 5 CG'sDair - 51%
Nair - 49%
Fair - 49%
Uair - 48%
Bair - 51%
Usmash - 52%
Fsmash - 53%

:ivysaur: / :charizard:
Maximum Grabs: 7. Damage: 48%.
Follow-ups: Buffered Dash > Dair, Fair, Hyphen Up-Smash, Buffered Dash > Nair, Bair and Uair. F-Tilt angled upward, Stutter Step F-Smash. (only at ending Chaingrab percents)
Additional Notes: You can do Walking or Dashing Chaingrab for all of these characters
For the :falco: MU :
Start with Squirtle.

:squirtle:

Turn around, crawl backwards so you can't be lasered, and prepare to do a B-air when necessary. I stole that from Reflex. :awesome:

Watch out for his CG when you're at low %.

Try to stay outside of his Jab range because it is very annoying.

Watergun can help to trap him on the ledge.

Interrupt his SideB with a U-Tilt and if he's at mid/low%, you can follow up with a Grab/D-Smash/U-Smash/F-Smash/whatever due to RCO lag mechanics. You can also U-Tilt lock him and proceed to juggle (watch out for his D-air though). If he's at higher %, follow up with a U-air.

If he's ever forced to use UpB to recover, you can Waterfall onto the ledge multiple times, then edgehog or F-air for a stage spike (get ready to B-air if he wall techs).

Using F-air/D-air offstage will put him in a terrible position.

When you're at high %, stay outside of U-Smash rangen and watch out for his B-air, or block.

Shielding is really good when you're at high % because Falco won't kill you with a Grab (don't air release if he grabs you, and DI up his D-Throw so you won't get hit by a BDacus).

:ivysaur:

A really difficult MU. Ivy can't really do anything, except killing.

Don't challenge his lasers with Razor Leaf.

You can N-air spike his SideB and F-Smash/Grab/whatever (due to the RCO lag).

:charizard:

Again, difficult MU.

Being chaingrabbed is horrible with Charizard.

When he's lasering, do a grounded Rock Smash. But even with this small trick, they're annoying as hell. :(

Flamethrower is the easiest way to beat his Phantasm.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey everyone! Been a while since i've been round these parts whats new?
I've dethroned Reflex as pokemon league champion.

I'm currently writing a book about it which already is being made into a movie as well as a pokemon game.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Switched my main fo Diddy Kong.
Keep trying to play him like squirtle.

Strongly reconsidering

Scrub and proud >:3

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Close sets overall. I was stupid one game and got F-Smashed in neutral position for one of my stocks. Another game, I was stupid on Delfino and got spiked in the water three times, getting three-stocked. Outside of that, I generally had the upper hand, IMO.

Also, it's not like we win the matchup. It's even at best, and possibly +1 Ike.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well to throw in my 2 cents.

When throwing Ike off stage with Squirtle, I think you should have thrown him to where he would be even, if not lower than the stage to set up for a gimp with water gun. Other than that, you played patiently which is how you need to play. Ike punishes greed.

With Ivysaur, I felt like he could have been spaced better, maybe walled with razor leaf, maybe back air if given the chance.

I'm not sure if Charizard is such a good choice. He's a big target for Ike, and Ike will just take him out if Charizard is in the air, lord forbid he's off stage. Were you trying to go for a safe switch to Squirtle or something? Just curious.

and this post is worth 2 cents (before taxes).

Rizen

Smash Legend
Whoa that Titus(?) texture is really confusing. I don't expect Ike's movements at all.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Killer Squirtle!
Those textures were legal? Frankly that background was very confusing. My Wii's not hacked so those things throw me.

My menu screens clearly show each and every character and stage that is hacked (although I turned off the character textures for WHOBO). I figure anyone who doesn't like them can just pop the SD card out before starting the match.

Skyworld cruise is too cool, but I may turn it off soon. Some people use the rainbow in the background to keep track of where the boat is instead of just looking at the timer so *shrug*.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
So I've been derping around Pokémon Online lately with a Monotype team full of bugs. I fix my opponent's glitches with it. I'll put it here, so everyone can try that out and possibly give me advices, maybe ? x)

Shelly (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Venom (Venomoth) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic

Magna (Scolipede) (M) @ Earth Gem
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Maitika (Galvantula) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jonas (Scizor) (M) @ Occa Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Herbert (Yanmega) (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

zeta

Smash Journeyman
So i'm dusting off the old brawl controller and i'm gonna enter vegas's monthly. if i could get a generalized run down on whats new if anything or the general meta for each pokemon that would be AMAZING.

thanks in advance
:):):)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So i'm dusting off the old brawl controller and i'm gonna enter vegas's monthly. if i could get a generalized run down on whats new if anything or the general meta for each pokemon that would be AMAZING.

thanks in advance
:):):)
I really don't think anything has really changed at all. MK is still a god. PT is mid tier. If anything, it your placing at the tournament will all rely on how you play.

[COLLAPSE="My tips"]Don't be like me who sometimes throws out moves in hopes they will land because they won't. Know your options for certain situations. You don't want to throw out a move if it takes too long to throw out. Don't get too excited and pay no attention to your opponent, that is the best way to lose. It's a game of give and take, you need to learn how your opponent is going to react to how you fight but you also need to react to how they fight. Look out for patterns. What I try and do is think logically: If I use move A, they should logically do this, if they do this, then I should counter by doing that. If you get by what I mean. Trust me, it helps, I've been getting better by developing this into my play style more.

Be aware of each pokemon's capabilities, how well of an air and ground game they have. Utilize their strengths a much as possible. Most importantly, be aware of when you need to switch. By this I mean a couple of things. First, is MU wise, if you come on a new stock with a pokemon that doesn't do well against your opponent, work your way for a safe switch or give them a free hit. If the situation calls for it and you need to worry about fatigue, remember, you have at most 2 minutes of fighting time for each pokemon (depending on how much you've attacked), and 1 minute recovery time. Try to keep in mind that in some/most (not sure yet) situations, fatigue is not as detrimental to your game as it is made out to be. You just do less damage and have slightly less knockback, but it doesn't make your pokemon completely useless. So do NOT fear fatigue. [/COLLAPSE]

I can't really think of any more. It's pretty general I know, but I hope it will help you some.

Top Bottom