• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu Monthly - Brawl/Melee/PM - March 16th, 2013 - Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Speaking of Project M, could we get the ruleset for that in the OP somewhere (or am I blind and totally missing it)? I'd like to have an idea of what stages I'm allowed to take people to so I can make as many people as possible uncomfortable with my unconventional counterpicks, as well as fill them with Slam Jams on my SD Card.

Brinstar and Skyworld are a-callin'.

VGVideoGalaxy

Smash Rookie
Two quick questions. Will there be free for all matches too or is every system being used for the tourney? Also, are there other games besides smash brod too (not that I get bored with it, heck, I have never been bored with the series, just curious). This is my first time going to one of these so sorry if these are stupid questions.

:phone:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Two quick questions. Will there be free for all matches too or is every system being used for the tourney? Also, are there other games besides smash brod too (not that I get bored with it, heck, I have never been bored with the series, just curious). This is my first time going to one of these so sorry if these are stupid questions.

Fighting games are on different monthlies but there will be people there playing fighting games on the side

Also, we're going to run the tournies fast so friendlies can be played on them more often so during tournaments every setup will be used

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Project M Ruleset:
* 4 stock, 8 minutes. In the (very unlikely) case that we are hard pressed for time and don't have enough setups, early bracket matches may be switched to 3 stock, 6 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. After each match, each player may ban 3 stages. The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
All of page 1 of the Stage Select Screen, except SSE: Jungle for singles and Metal Cavern for doubles.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Hmmm... Buck's having trouble getting off work for this, and I had (wrongfully) assumed he was going to drive.

Our presence may not be as secure as I thought, but I'll let you know if we get anything figured out.

#Nohio

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... Buck's having trouble getting off work for this, and I had (wrongfully) assumed he was going to drive.
Your avatar matched the mood of this sentence perfectly, just thought id put that out there.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So i'm editing my wii and am open to taking suggestions to songs that people would like to hear on my levels. Here is what i have so far:

Battlefield:

Phoenix Wright Pursuit- by Magical Trick Society
Phoenix Wright Pursuit Justice For All
Goemon's Great Adventure- Underground Paradise

Castle Siege:

Walk on Water by housethegrate (Sonic 3 hydrocity remix)
Double Dragon 2- Final Boss
Those Who Bear their name- Xenoblade

Delfino Plaza:

rooftop Run Modern- Sonic Generations
Pikkon's Theme- DragonBall Z
Punchout Theme- Punchout Wii
Throwback Galaxy- Super Mario Galaxy 2

Final Destination:

Grace- Apocalyptica
Unico- V.A.
Show No Tears- Nemesis Theory
Unhallowed Metropolis- Vernian

Frigate Orpheon:

Spark Mandrill's Theme- Megaman X
Vergil Battle 2- Devil May Cry 3
Crisis City Classic- Sonic Generations

Halberd:

Storm Eagle's Theme- Megaman X
Wicked Six- CarbohydroM (Castlevania Medley Remix)
Pain the Universe- Legend of Mana
Metaknight's Revenge- GaMetal
Crisis City Modern- Sonic Generations
Dead Batteries- Snappleman + co. (Flying Battery Zone remix)

Lylat:

Still Blastin- Nemesis Theory
The Skull Fortress- Sixto Sounds (Megaman 9 Wily Stage 1 remix)
VS Silver (Sonic Generations)
Subterranean Kamikaze- Sixto Sounds (TMNT4 sewer stage remix)
Gravity Beetle Stage- bboynoe (MMX3 Stage remix)

Pokemon Stadium 1:

Pokemon Theme- Pokemon Anime
VS Gym Leader/Approaching Victory- Pokemon White 2 (it shifts to the approaching victory theme with about 1:50 min remaining on the 8 min clock)
Pokemon Anime Battle Medley- Pokemon Anime

Smashville:

Back To Mad- Texas ****** (an edited version much like SMBZ)
Blizzard Peak Act 1&2- Sonic Rush Adventure
Metal Scratchin- Sonic Rush
Go the Distance- Sixto Sounds (Tales of Symphonia 2 remix)
Dragonrider- Two steps from hell (everyone stole this from me)

Yoshi's:

Red Cap Assault- Ashane (FF Mystic Quest Battle Theme Remix)
Boss Battle- Mother 3
Boss Battle- Final Fantasy IV

What do you want to see?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
PP, M2K, Zero, Esam, Calabrel (AZ) Eli, and more NY confirmed

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
whaaat
whyyyy do i have weekend prep nooooooooooooo

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
PP would come to the one tournament where I'm back in Texas

It's like you're avoiding me Kevin

I'M NOT MCCAIN

Vist

Smash Champion
I need a good teammate for PM and probably melee (assuming that happens?)

Won the last couple PM teams events and trying to go for a repeat lol >_> <_< >_<

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So I just want to take a chance to remind everyone that I will have my Gamecube controller store ready for business on Saturday, here is what I have:

1 Indigo Controller- $15
6 Platinum Controllers- $20 each
1 Spice Controller- $20
1 White Controller- $45
2 Black Controllers- $20 each
1 Pearl White Controller- $100

Please note that if you don't see it on the above list it's not for sale. If you'd like a modification, (basically, anything that involves me opening the controller up for you), it's an extra $2. You'll need to supply the replacement parts you want to use though.

You may test the controller before agreeing to purchase as well, to make sure you like it. I know some people tried to call dibs, but other than a black on for CK it's pretty much first come first serve.

All the controllers have been fully tested and most have been cleaned and fixed up (unless I saw no reason to clean them.) This is a great opportunity to get a new controller in perfect playing condition for EVO.

I'll be posting pictures of them tonight on Tant's Controller store on facebook, which if you're facebook friends with me I'll be advertising tonight so you should get an invite about it. If you're not friends on facebook with me and we've met before, add me @thetantalus and follow me on twitter at the same handle.

I'm looking forward to running Brawl Pools on Saturday. Please Please Please bring setups- we will need many to make sure the pools run quickly and efficiently. I would like to get 2 TVs per pool. Can't wait to see everyone.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
this is going to be soooo HYPE. Guys I'm working on the schedule. Sorry for taking so long to add Melee.

BTW, don't forget to bring props for the Harlem Shake video, having PP and M2K in it is going to make it extra hype, lol.

Top Bottom