• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu: X Games It's Back on! Esam, Vinnie, M2K, Junebug, Logic, Mekos....Dabuz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
brawl community:
***** about mk
mk gets banned
***** about olimar

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Dabuz, we MMing if we don't play in Bracket?

Hell, if we do play in Bracket let's make it a 5$ MM as well. If we don't meet, 10$ MM BO5, k?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
hi

my bachelor party is after this, come

it's at wild wings in westminster

ee can show the way, he's my best man

good luck people i like in the tournament

Kaffei

Smash Hero
hi

my bachelor party is after this, come

it's at wild wings in westminster

ee can show the way, he's my best man

good luck people i like in the tournament
i want to come but i wouldn't have a ride back lol

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm going with Winston, Wenz is coming
Dunno who else from CP but hopefully a few people

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
okay but that commentary?

*mandatory post*

I'd ask to team but I'm rusty as hell. haven't touched this game in a solid 2 months.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean it's really up to VGBC. that's why I'm asking now. I'm most likely not entering anything so if I do show up it will most definitely be just for commentary.

Aposl

Smash Ace
I am running the stream, TKO, Esam, and anyone else who "wants" to commentate, that is fine, but im in charge and as soon as I want o switch in thats whats gonna happen, and Im just going to say who I want off or what not, dont want any complaining about it since I will be hard body running the stream at the same time for like 11 hours straight. Cursing in any excess will be immediately GTFO, stuff said to hype will be judged way less harsher than, im just gonna curse for the hell of it type of cursing. Between games you can chat with the chat. During the games stick to talking about the game. If you cant talk about the match talk about the characters, or players, something related to the match.

Aposl

Smash Ace
^OD son.

I sometimes think Aposl is black when he post on Smashboards.
lol, also at melee players, GIMR is going to NEC to compete in UMVC so I have no one to really help me seed melee, im looking at Sypher Phoenix and Vist for help please. Than yah!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I almost don't want to go to NEC since I'm so free, lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
@Aposl well yeah, stream runner always has precedence over ****. No cursing makes sense, and actually talking about the match is kinda important. I hate when streams have matches playing and just nothing is going on. When I commentated a little at Genesis 2 I always talked about the match, even if I didn't know the 2 players.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea and please have no bias. Everytime I have been in VA the commentators down talk me and state how they feel someone else is better. That's not right. I understand yall have yer favorites and stuff but it's still not cool. The proof of them doing this is in the pudding (youtube vids).

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well wanting one person to win is fine, but ****-talking the other player is messed up.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So wait, ESAM is coming to my bachelor party?

How about NJ/NY? Also Joe it's a bachelor party but Caitie can come i guess since she plays video games, i'll leave final say to phil since it looks like you don't have much of a choice if you want to go

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So wait, ESAM is coming to my bachelor party?

How about NJ/NY? Also Joe it's a bachelor party but Caitie can come i guess since she plays video games, i'll leave final say to phil since it looks like you don't have much of a choice if you want to go
Phil said it was alright. I asked him earlier this week. Didn't have much of a choice cause I want to go, but I also wanna house Caitie and such.

:018:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Well wanting one person to win is fine, but ****-talking the other player is messed up.
I actually disagree. If u listen to professional commentators they don't pick a side or have a favorite. They talk about the game and the technique that they see happening.
I think that is the best.
Just my two cents since alot of TO's are trying to get real "professional" with their series.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
>_> Calling you out right there

Daigo vs Poongko. Every time Daigo does something cool they acknowledge. When Poongko does it they flip a **** because it is unexpected since he is the underdog. Same with Latiff (or however you spell that Viper player's name) vs the person who won (I don't remember his name).

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^^^True^^^ the underdog will almost always get more hype from the commentators.

its why M2K doesn't really get hype anymore. everyone expects him to win.

when June beat M2K everyone was hype. had M2K beat June it would've been just another victory.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
@Mekos Lawl. I sorry I exist.

@Esam Latif v Fuudo.

@General Population and.

Bias commentary is all over the place.

in sports. in politics. in gaming. everywhereeee.

@TK. True.

In almost every Melee set M2k plays now. He gets mad hype. Because he's sudden underdog. RoM4?

M2k cheered for v PeePee.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He was also from their region as opposed to PP who isn't.

I know that if, let's say I was commentating a match like Nick Riddle vs Mr. R I would clearly be more hyped when he did something. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to be like "Ayo Mr R sucks he should go suck Mike's ****" but I'm going to be more excited when Nick does things as opposed to Mr. R

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Ya, I'm not a big fan of disrespecting others. Don't have to be positive one way and negative another.

Just be Positive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom