• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xif is the smartest player ever!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
This guy for years since i was a scrub has been telling me and everyone else that tournaments should be ran with neutrals only!

Well guess what?

He is right **** counter pick stages!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
brainstar rainbow curise and kongo(maybe)

are ****ing dumb. Its whack that you might beat somebody because of the level rather than you just beating somebody because your better.

Lol ya @ ian -chad- ****ed me up on rainbow cruise man. It was like imma camp you which is fine. What i hated was the fact that the satge gave him a huge advantage with his in which makes it harder for certain other chars!

Xif is a genius im telling you!

Purple

Hi guys!
There's no reason reason to CP except to overshadow your character's flaws for one round lol.

It would make making a tier list much easier.

Pi

Smash Hero
brainstar rainbow curise and kongo(maybe)

are ****ing dumb. Its whack that you might beat somebody because of the level rather than you just beating somebody because your better.

neutrals aren't 100% balanced either, i lose to marths more frequently on YS/FD/BF than I do on DL, with only neutrals active, they ban DL, marth automatically has an advantage.

same thing with fox, I lose to foxes moreso on YS than on BF/DL

falcos give me a harder time on FD

etc. etc.

it all comes down to last match any way, if you want to only play on neutrals then ban brinstar/rainbow

LLDL

Smash Hero
I hate counter picks, but i count pokemon stadium as a neutral.

SSJ6SephirothGogeta

Smash Rookie
All I have to say, is that there's a reason why Mario's and Link's can thrive in Japan.

I'm glad people are coming around, even if it's taken 4+ years.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
xif i shall never for sake you again!

laijin lol i did that to kniht samus!

anyway look at ians videos people **** like that is mad stupid.

chain ace ps should be neutrual. we should just play neutruals only **** the bull****!

GA Peach

Smash Lord
IMO, FD is the best stage. Makes things more like an ACTUAL fighting game, so it is your character against theirs, no outside elements. That makes things the most balanced.

Purple

Hi guys!
If you think about almost every fighting game (except for xmvsf and mshvsf where there is one stage that has a very light hinderance in corners) he is right.

Final Destination would the best most like a 'fighting game'.

BTW did you know Brawl was actually fighting game of the year in 2008?

SSJ6SephirothGogeta

Smash Rookie
Falco? Please, out of all the neutrals, FD is probably one of falco's worst stages.

Dreamland is easily falco's best stage. The platforms allow falco to place lasers in a way that almost completely locks you down. Not to mention platforms only help falco's combo ability. Think Shizwiz counterpicking mewtwoking to FoD and stuffing him there.

Whereas FD allow characters like Link, Mario, DK, Pikachu, Luigi, Doc, etc perform their 0 to death combos on Fox and Falco.

We all know why FD would be fair for marth vs most characters as opposed to most of the other neutrals. Even against Jigglypuff, the platforms only serve to make it harder to run her down.

I'd go into greater detail, but I actually have plans for the evening. I'll be back later with more.

Mike: What would I do on smashboards if I didn't uselessly flame people?

Purple

Hi guys!
Well then.

*sits down with a bottled water*

I'm pretty bored, so I guess I will explain why it's 'balanced'.

First off understand that by balanced, I don't mean that every character has an even chance to win a set off of a top tier character, however it does help in ways that can't exactly be depicted in match up charts.

For one, characters who have aerial games will have to come down to the main floor eventually. instead of using platforms to continue their camping game and never having to actually fight your opponent (I understand that turtling is a good way to play, however even in turtling you're punishing mistakes; timing out is intended to not fight at all. So characters who get air camped can note that eventually the character will have to hit the ground during one of these two, four or five jumps.

While characters can laser camp still, the stage doesn't have platforms to make this nearly impossible to catch.

Man, I really don't feel like writing anything for this honestly.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
since Melee is getting in on the hack fun, let's find a way to make Pokemon Stadium never transform
then just leave it to Stadium, Dreamland, FD.

That would make me smile anyway.

(edit : don't take me seriously)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
IMO, FD is the best stage. Makes things more like an ACTUAL fighting game, so it is your character against theirs, no outside elements. That makes things the most balanced.
true!
ORLY?

Clearly your a silly person who doesn't know anything about matchups.

Go ahead and try to argue why FD isn't the most balanced.

Try me.
This guy knows whats up! Yo imma start whooping *****s *** yo dont try this man!

Well then.

*sits down with a bottled water*

I'm pretty bored, so I guess I will explain why it's 'balanced'.

First off understand that by balanced, I don't mean that every character has an even chance to win a set off of a top tier character, however it does help in ways that can't exactly be depicted in match up charts.

For one, characters who have aerial games will have to come down to the main floor eventually. instead of using platforms to continue their camping game and never having to actually fight your opponent (I understand that turtling is a good way to play, however even in turtling you're punishing mistakes; timing out is intended to not fight at all. So characters who get air camped can note that eventually the character will have to hit the ground during one of these two, four or five jumps.

While characters can laser camp still, the stage doesn't have platforms to make this nearly impossible to catch.

Man, I really don't feel like writing anything for this honestly.
Hey

shut up!

xD

Pi

Smash Hero
God **** internet
can't tell if being trolled
do I even respond to this FD balance nonsense?

How do you even start a post with 'FD is easily one of falco's worst stages'
then proceed to attempt to try and say it's balanced

And regardless of whether or not they have platforms to land on, they still have to land, and landing on a paltform is probably worse than landing on flat ground since a lot of characters aerial moves have more priority/multihit as opposed to ground moves that are one shot only and can't be L canceled

****it I went and responded any way

SSJ6SephirothGogeta

Smash Rookie
God **** internet
can't tell if being trolled
do I even respond to this FD balance nonsense?

How do you even start a post with 'FD is easily one of falco's worst stages'
then proceed to attempt to try and say it's balanced

And regardless of whether or not they have platforms to land on, they still have to land, and landing on a paltform is probably worse than landing on flat ground since a lot of characters aerial moves have more priority/multihit as opposed to ground moves that are one shot only and can't be L canceled

****it I went and responded any way
Do I really have to spell out for you that when I say one of Falco's worst stages I do not necessarily mean that it's a bad stage?

Falco is still a broke *** character and FD being his worst stage only serves to mitigate his brokeness to an acceptable level.

Why don't you play me in smash and see what the hell nonsense is.

idiot.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
do I have to call you superwavedash? I usually don't like changes, especially gamer tag changes. Usually once someone changes their gamer tag I just call them by their real name. Can I just call you superwavedashJason?

AfroQT

Smash Master
Uhh not a huge melee player, but when he said FD allows multiple characters to perform 0-Deaths on Fox/Falco, and stages with platforms do not (hence, FD not being amazing for Falc0), was he not proving his point? I don't see where he used any type of nonsense at all, if anything he verified himself with a very good reason. I guess it depends on the matchup...

Don't hurt me please.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I like counterpick stages.

This isn't a fighting game, it's smash brothers. And anyone out there with delusions of grandeur to think it's anything beyond that is foolish.

I like things to be slightly less than serious. Yes, even in tournaments.

Top Bottom