• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xyro(samus) VS Praxis(peach)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
xyro plz L2retether gimp

Also why you stealin my dash attack pivot grab shiet

It's ok I'll let you have it cuz I took your uairdsmash

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lol, he simply can NOT deal with projectile spam. 2nd vids first 15 seconds was 77 percent on him with nothing but projectiles. lol. Good stuff though.

SO many re-tethered gimp chances; especially against that little planking Uair>UpB thing he does lolll

Xyro77

xyro plz L2retether gimp

Also why you stealin my dash attack pivot grab shiet

It's ok I'll let you have it cuz I took your uairdsmash
Lol, he simply can NOT deal with projectile spam. 2nd vids first 15 seconds was 77 percent on him with nothing but projectiles. lol. Good stuff though.

SO many re-tethered gimp chances; especially against that little planking Uair>UpB thing he does lolll
teach me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
this weekend I might make a tutorial for you, + nudes

Xyro77

this weekend I might make a tutorial for you, + nudes
like seriously, thats like the only complaint i get about my samus. I can never get the tether gimp right. ARGH! when you make the vid, please go like step by step.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
n00b make sure to explain that when you tether you get less invincibility frames, although it is faster xyro you just need to get the timing down.

Xyro77

i know how to do it but every time i try it i have like 2-3 ft of grapple to get rid of. Ive watched others and they have 2-3 INCHES of grapple to get rid of.

Werk!

Smash Rookie
From my limited experience, the key in tether-gimp is buffering and out-prediction. When people expect the tether-gimp, they WILL Up-B or whatever earlier--on the visual cue of that drop and blue tinge.

I buffer in Down => Grab => Attack (or is it jump? I forget. ^^) to do instant retether.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
you get less invincibility frames? Xyro if you can wavedash you can retether.

Also remember you don't need to retether, you can just drop and hang out of the way but still hog the ledge

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
just push z again. or if your holding onto the ledge already push back like your going to double jump back onto the stage but instead just push z then z again

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
just push z again. or if your holding onto the ledge already push back like your going to double jump back onto the stage but instead just push z then z again

EDIT: yes I believe so :s I wish someone could check that but I'm pretty sure you get a few less than UpB

EDIT2:Wow, my computer is ********. I swear I only posted that once

Excellence

Smash Champion
Praxis got ***** pretty hard the first six matches, but once he learned how to play Xyro he did a lot better. Still, even after he learned they were really close and if Xyro changed up his game a little more he would have kept winning.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Dude Uffe go read Xyro's comments on how to win on Green Greens.
Basically it describes 1 cheap as F*** tactic, sadly it works really well... :(
but I am totally agreeing with you lol he LOVES green Greens, I doubt he could lose on that stage.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Will!

We should have more Peach vs Samus Matches!
They were too good xD

Top Bottom