• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xyro77= Best Samus in Tx. Updated june 15TH

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
His point was that you're not acknowledging matches you lost to Hylian because they were online, but you played some other dude using Luigi and praised his skill.

If you were a politician this would cause you hell. However, it's probably more that you wanted to be seen as a good sport and you just gave praise for that reason. It's not like you could say "you only won because we were playing online..." as even if it were true you would be seen as a poor sport, so I understand.

That said, maybe the next time you and Hylian get together you can settle this.
ive played him in real life and won. BOOM. I dont MM him cause he does not Main or 2nd samus. The kid uses like 5 or 6 characters. GW,IC, pika, samus, falco. Mains vs Main only. thats all that matters in the end.

Vecs luigi looked nice so i said it was good. Hylians looked nice but do i HAVE to say its nice? if its that big a deal, then ill compliment Hylian right now.

No online fights count in my book. Well why? Cause ive lost to hylian online but beat him offline. I beat sethlon online but lose to him offline. Ive beat the mighty ANTHER online but no doubt would lose to him offline. The button lag messes up everything and some times truly good people cant do as well due to the button input lag. I play online because i have nobody around me to play, im bored with college HW, i like to see the different styles of characters whether i win or lose and i enjoy playing smash. So if you go by online play, then you will be in for a rude awakening when u attend offline tournaments.

but again, 2007-2008 members are dumb so i doubt they think about stuff like this before hand.

ADHD

Smash Hero
ive played him in real life and won. BOOM. I dont MM him cause he does not Main or 2nd samus. The kid uses like 5 or 6 characters. GW,IC, pika, samus, falco. Mains vs Main only. thats all that matters in the end.

Vecs luigi looked nice so i said it was good. Hylians looked nice but do i HAVE to say its nice? if its that big a deal, then ill compliment Hylian right now.

No online fights count in my book. Well why? Cause ive lost to hylian online but beat him offline. I beat sethlon online but lose to him offline. Ive beat the mighty ANTHER online but no doubt would lose to him offline. The button lag messes up everything and some times truly good people cant do as well due to the button input lag. I play online because i have nobody around me to play, im bored with college HW, i like to see the different styles of characters whether i win or lose and i enjoy playing smash. So if you go by online play, then you will be in for a rude awakening when u attend offline tournaments.

but again, 2007-2008 members are dumb so i doubt they think about stuff like this before hand.
Such an ego, hylian just kick this sad son of a b*tch *** for me and then let it be over with :laugh:

And stop saying sorry about insulting 07-08 and then doing it again, you just proved your shakey, I'm just going to run along outta here before your ego inflates even bigger...

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Xyro77 is best samus, I owned him with My luigi. He even left me a nice comment on AIM
Xyro77: i give up. your luigi is better. very good job.

But he is good though.

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice

That's just uncalled for man, not to mention the join date doesn't take into consideration how long a member has known of the site. My join date does not mean that I just found out about this site in March, it just means that I decided to join in the discussions in March 08.

Anyway, I respect and appreciate that you main Samus with no substitutes, but that doesn't mean that Hylian's Samus can't be better than your Samus. I personally don't know which of you is better, and if I had to look at the tournament record I would give you the nod since you have a track record with Samus, but Hylian can't be denied the title solely on the grounds that he doesn't main Samus (though I wish he would :().

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You know, I do have fun playing online when I go against other Samus players. For example, when I fought Darkhart, I enjoyed fighting against his Samus with mine. I didn't say, "I'm better than you are," or he didn't say, "I'm better than you are." We both had fun. Sure, I can get competitive at times and say and act rashly when I lose a number of times. I was content, because it was another person who mained Samus.

I think Tudor (who is the greatest Samus main in the entire galaxy in my opinion) inspired me to want to react like he did. When Tudor lost against JHNY5's R.O.B., someone said something about R.O.B., and Tudor replied, saying that he liked how JHNY5 played. So what I see here is not, "I'm better at Brawl than you are," but, "As long as you do your best, I respect you. If you can pull off something sick, then I must say that I am impressed." Thanks Tudor, wherever you are. Best Samus in Nevada? Nah. Best Samus in the universe!

*is elated*

ajc3388

Smash Rookie
Here's how this thread looks to everyone that reads it.

Xyro is obsessed with e-rep, and wants to toot his own horn, and he includes his own name in the thread cause if he posted just the tourney results by themselves, his name would be overlooked as people dont even give a **** about 6-10th place, let alone 17th. When was the last time we knew the name of the 9th best team in the NBA? Never.

Lastly, the community knows that Hylian not only does well but also contributes significantly to the community through information/help/finding new tech. More importantly, he comes across as more humble. Lastly, his name is purple, which by itself wins this argument.

Also, it's unfortunate that 80% of the tournaments run in texas are run by someone whose posts are reminiscent of an illiterate hick who probably dates his own sister.

Xyro77

Here's how this thread looks to everyone that reads it.

Xyro is obsessed with e-rep, and wants to toot his own horn, and he includes his own name in the thread cause if he posted just the tourney results by themselves, his name would be overlooked as people dont even give a **** about 6-10th place, let alone 17th. When was the last time we knew the name of the 9th best team in the NBA? Never.

Lastly, the community knows that Hylian not only does well but also contributes significantly to the community through information/help/finding new tech. More importantly, he comes across as more humble. Lastly, his name is purple, which by itself wins this argument.

Also, it's unfortunate that 80% of the tournaments run in texas are run by someone whose posts are reminiscent of an illiterate hick who probably dates his own sister.
i date my mom. get it right.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Were you serious when you made this thread? I'm still convinced this is a joke.

Metroid475

Smash Cadet
Xyro77, I know this is kind of random but can you pm your fc. Im a Houston Samus user and i just want to see how mine matches up.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Now, now, be realistic Xyro. You really must think things through. Why would Rohins, a Samus of impeccable talent, travel to Texas? It isn't like there is any real competition there. He needn't worry himself over little things like Houstin's Brawlers. ^_^

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Now, now, be realistic Xyro. You really must think things through. Why would Rohins, a Samus of impeccable talent, travel to Texas? It isn't like there is any real competition there. He needn't worry himself over little things like Houstin's Brawlers. ^_^
Bait bait bait bait YEAH!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Keh, I just haven't gotten out yet... >_> Besides I gotta keep up appearances in front of Xyros, y'know?

And besides we'll see how I do at Critical Hit 3. Granted Jasona doesn't flake on it...

Xyro77

UNDERDOG, i dont think you understand how good Houston really is. Unless the quote above is a joke.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This thread...intrigues me...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
undergod, i dont think you understand how good Houston really is. Unless the quote above is a joke.
You think too highly of me Xyro, though the sentiment is both appreciated and deserved. ^_^

Xyro77

All i ask is that you remove "houston sucks" cause honestly, we are better than your state. By size and skill.

and i just noticed i put UnderGOD......lol!!! Some of my fingers type faster than the others. I think highly of your pit.

Xyro77

seth played TUDOR at the big AZ tourney this past weekend......sethlon admits im better....ROFL.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Best Samus in Texas... don't you think that you're undrselling yourself a bit there? Moar liek b3st Samus in the galaxie.
I fixed your post. ^_^

@Xyro: Houstin isn't bigger then Maryland... But if you were to combine both MD and VA in order to constitute the size of Texas then yes... We'd rule the world. But fine I'll edit the tag if I can, even though it goes against my better judgment...

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
seth played TUDOR at the big AZ tourney this past weekend......sethlon admits im better....ROFL.
You should really stop flaming me especially since you didn't go to the tournament

And i don't know if seth would tell you the truth about whom is better than whom since he lost to a falco player from vegas, so just stop talking

ADHD

Smash Hero
You should really stop flaming me especially since you didn't go to the tournament

And i don't know if seth would tell you the truth about whom is better than whom since he lost to a falco player from vegas, so just stop talking
He's incapable, he's still back in the farm era of cutting belly button chords with forks

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
He's incapable, he's still back in the farm era of cutting belly button chords with forks

It's really sad because he is making Texas look bad and they probably aren't, at least Sethlon isn't (i haven't played anyone else so i wouldn't know, i don't assume people's skill). He's also name dropping to make himself look good, pretty pathetic.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
The Samus board is now the official Drama Board of the Character Discussion subforum.:laugh:

Xyro77

It's really sad because he is making Texas look bad and they probably aren't, at least Sethlon isn't (i haven't played anyone else so i wouldn't know, i don't assume people's skill). He's also name dropping to make himself look good, pretty pathetic.
i just wanted to see if u look around here, and u do. thanks. I apologize to you.

Hive

Smash Lord
lol this thread is worthless... :(
No one needs to hear a play by play of which tournaments xyro has been in...
especially when its only goal is for him to showoff (done rather unsuccessfully...)

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
lol aren't you the guy who almost lost to me in Samus dittos? hehe owellzzz my Puff got the job done ^_^

Tudor ***** btw
Thanxs Little England, I also enjoy your samus ^^

i just wanted to see if u look around here, and u do. thanks. I apologize to you.
Apology accepted, glad we can put this behind us. Sethlon destroyed me btw matches 2 and 3, i have never played anything close to his tactics (or even a falco) and got frustrated instead of slowing down to think, also they stage selection at the tourney was very ugly and i had nothing good to counterpick. I hope I get to play more of texas sometime. There's also a few vids up.

EDIT:

tudor i watch your smash vids on youtube all the time!!! AHHHH!!!!

master...
Much appreciated =D

CheuyR1

Smash Rookie
Me and my friend have never been defeated in a 2v2 battle. We're the best players at UH. if you have a partner, I am officially challenging you.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Me and my friend have never been defeated in a 2v2 battle. We're the best players at UH. if you have a partner, I am officially challenging you.
Sethlon and I will play you for $100. Best of 7.

Top Bottom