• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xyro's SAMUS help thread!!(vids,help,match-ups....and more)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Since Samus is not the best of characters in this game(we all know this to be true) and this board lacks good Samus info, i decided to open this thread up to help others who are serious about MAINING Samus and want to place well with her. Match-ups, tips,tricks, advice and help will all be included in this thread. It will not be done just by me. i am open to people who have their own opinion. PLEASE think about what you are going to post BEFORE you post.​

Videos!!

This is some basic stuff that will improve your samus. Using all of this combined with your own mind games will make her much more feared in battle and maybe raise her abit in the coming tier list. Who knows....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfFq2IfQCKY

The best Samus combo on earth lies right here,son.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr44ZWwR348

Match-ups!!!!!

Assuming both players are at pro status and are of equal skill. Which character has the advantage or disadvanatge versus Samus? Each match up can be rated from 1(near impossible) to 10(almost always win). A tie is considered a 5. Please post you opinions, vids will help out your opinion.

This part is coming soon. i gotta do some stuff first.

navillus

Smash Apprentice
great video thanks man def going to use this stuff in my gameplay especially missile cancelling and the double missile. thanks bro

Powda

Smash Apprentice
You know I mained samus in melee and thought she got screwed in this one and gave her up for lucas....I just realized she really aint that bad since everyone int he game got jacked along with her...except maybe marth...im switchin back :)

Xyro77

Samus still sucks even with this vid. but if you use some of this stuff AND add your own mindgames/touch to it....she will get better.

acojan

Smash Apprentice
omg sooo usefull ... i decided 5 mins ago that i wanted to 2nd samus next to mario *plans to erase diddy from sig*...... she looks like tons of projectile fun ! and comboos... ooOooo i love combos... ! more plzz !!!

CyanCyde

Smash Cadet
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a Samus fankid, but I don't think she's that bad. I play her fairly regularly, so if I know anything, it's about her (and Zamus, but that doesn't matter for this thread).

Fox, Falco, and Wolf are bad matchups for Samus. Shine owns her hard, since she likes projectiles so much. Falco and especially Fox are faster than Samus, as well. When he's not Shining you, Wolf can royally muck up any spacing games you want to play with your Zair because his Fsmash has long reach. Without writing a novel, I'd probably call all three matchups "3's" by Xyro's scale. The popularity of the Space Animals and their favorable matchup with Samus is probably the biggest reason (in my view, at least) why people say Samus sucks/isn't good. Well, when they aren't comparing Brawl to Melee, at any rate.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a Samus fankid, but I don't think she's that bad. I play her fairly regularly, so if I know anything, it's about her (and Zamus, but that doesn't matter for this thread).

Fox, Falco, and Wolf are bad matchups for Samus. Shine owns her hard, since she likes projectiles so much. Falco and especially Fox are faster than Samus, as well. When he's not Shining you, Wolf can royally muck up any spacing games you want to play with your Zair because his Fsmash has long reach. Without writing a novel, I'd probably call all three matchups "3's" by Xyro's scale. The popularity of the Space Animals and their favorable matchup with Samus is probably the biggest reason (in my view, at least) why people say Samus sucks/isn't good. Well, when they aren't comparing Brawl to Melee, at any rate.
Hmm, it seems like your logic is flawed a bit.

-Shine doesn't own Samus at all because zair can't be reflected. When you go against any spacies, zair should be used a lot.

-Also, even though his fsmash has long range, it doen't nearly muck up zair spacing. For one thing, zair eats through his fsmash, so even if you both attack at the same time, zair will out-prioritize wolf's fsmash, and hit him out of it.

-Fox's speed isn't really a problem. Samus' jab clanks with ALL his KO moves, her utilt ***** him to no end, and zair and missiles mess up his recovery. Also, bombs (along with zair) congest his ground game a lot.

Worse spacie is falco by far (**** lasers), and he actually isn't faster than Samus. The other two are not a problem, as long as you know how to use Samus' tactics.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I like fighting space animals with Samus; they're so easy to edge guard. Like Gum said, use grapple to control horizontal space. Better yet, use a homing missile to force them to reflect them then zair to punish them for being in shine. Your zair will go through the missile. Smart spacies will stop reflecting them and either perfect shield or just jab them.

As far as you getting spammed, just perfect shield and do short hop airdodge->zair. If they start rushing you, upB them. If they're stubborn you can usually get two in a row with platforms. Samus has a lot of control fighting them you just need to be patient and remove their options.

Xyro77

The match up chart is almost done. ill post it soon and things of course will need to change over time. but im pretty sure metaknight will stay samus hardest match up.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Here is my personal opinion of match-up's i have experience with.

Mario-7/8, haven't found a single mario to give me trouble yet.
Luigi-5: since he has one of, if not THE fastest hit stun recovery in the game, lots of samus' chains don't work, however, she can gib him off the ledge easy.
Bowser-8
Wario-4/3: it might just be me, but i have trouble with wario for some reason.
Zelda-7, shiek-5.
Ganon-9
Pit-3/4: i have no idea why, but i have lots of trouble with pit players.
IC's-6
R.O.B-5
Meta knight-4(maybe 3): samus has to work hard for the win, but it's doable. and i feel she does better than most characters against the mighty MK.
DDD-6
Olimar-3-4:all depends on how well the olimar can dodge
Fox-7: Falco-4-6: Wolf-4-7 depending on the player.
Capatin Falcon-8/9: a tear has been shed for Captain Falcon.
Marth-1-3: Samus REALLY has to work for victory against good marth's
Ike-7:homing missles gib his horizontal recovery, and Z-air hits him out of his Aether
Lucas-5 Ness-7
G&W-6/7
Snake-4/5

the players who i play with on a regular basic who are the following..
B-Stick, Black Mamba, EoW, Taj, Wobbles, Glide, ChaosTheory, Lonewolf, Goop, Altf4warrior, Light. Dark, justinkamikaze, Yamer, StoNe, Wookz, Slick, KA.

and a bunch of random people at tournaments.

I have to say, these numbers are just opinion, against the styles of play that said players use. however, imo they are pretty accurate. nobody play's the same though, some meta knight spam tornados, some play well, some olimars camp, other rush. so it's just an opinion.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I don't think Samus is all that bad, but I've only played three Samus' with Xyro's being the best by far. I think she's under-rated.

Top Bottom