• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yabo-Yabo?Siké-Siké~E.Gadd joins the fray!Added the Special's names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Lol c'mon, in the relevance piece you basically say that E.Gadd is more important in Sunshine than Bowser Jr.
I call biased on that. He doesn't even appear in the game and the FLUDD thing is just an easter egg.
I like him though, but I don't think he has good chances nor that he will be missed if he doesn't get in.
Bowser Jr. was only really significant in Sunshine. In nearly every other game he's just a secondary villain who shows up every so often to mess with you, kind of like Birdo. You could argue characters like Wolf fit under a similar category, but Bowser Jr. acts more as a supporting character than a main character. I also said E. Gadd was "arguably" more relevant than Jr., and specifically stated that I've wanted Jr. for Brawl before. In fact, only recently did I feel that Gadd was a better alternative because he has a lot more potential to be unique, and was the whole reason the LM series, M&L RPGs and Mario Sunshine were beatable. I feel like that makes him just as important as Mario/Luigi themselves in those games (even if he doesn't appear in Sunshine).

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
This thread isn't very alive but we need to work on an actual , detailed moveset.
One of my old ideas featured the poltergust 3001 as an Up Special , the engine flies at high speed , angled at 45 % , but Gadd cannot hold on because of the speed and get launched in an arc like trajectory .
It does Middle-high damage , but Gadd goes in a different direction than his attack.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This thread isn't very alive but we need to work on an actual , detailed moveset.
One of my old ideas featured the poltergust 3001 as an Up Special , the engine flies at high speed , angled at 45 % , but Gadd cannot hold on because of the speed and get launched in an arc like trajectory .
It does Middle-high damage , but Gadd goes in a different direction than his attack.
I like that idea. It puts a bit of strategy into it. Kinda letting you push yourself and the enemy away at the same time.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Here's a set I was thinking:

Down-B: Gadget Change: Allows E. Gadd to switch gadgets to use with his other B moves. Each has different perks. The switch order goes: Poltergust, FLUDD, Brush, to reference their order of appearance in the games. Switching takes a moment, and effects only B attacks. A moves used fixed gadgets, and they will be put away following use in favor of the "equipped" one. Thus, this move changes B moves only.

The lag time on certain moves, however, may change depending on what Gadd has. If he uses a Smash attack and already has the brush out for his B moves, he can attack faster than normal since a switch of gadget is not needed (assuming he uses the brush for Smash Attacks). Similarly, his throws are sped up and made more effective if he already has Poltergust out (assuming Poltergust is used for throws), and his aerials may be faster with FLUDD out (assuming FLUDD is used during aerials). Thus, there is strategy involved in using this at the right time to have the right gadget out, like Olimar and his Pikmin Call.

B: Spray Nozzle: If FLUDD is equipped: sprays opponent backwards, like Mario's current Down-B. No damage but good for gimping.

Polter-suck: If Poltergust is equipped: sucks in an enemy and shoots them out, similar to Dedede's and Kirby's B. Does damage and spaces opponent for more moves.

Gadd Glyph: If Brush is equipped: Creates a paint glyph in the image of E. Gadd that damages a foe that walks into it. Good for camping

Side-B: Turbo Nozzle: If FLUDD is equipped: Rockets Gadd forward based on how long button is held. Damage and knockback depend on distance, but also create a greater chance of self-destruction.

Flashlight: If Poltergust is equipped: Stuns opponents with flashlight, the longer it is held, the greater the range and longer the stun. Stun time increases with % of foe. Will release automatically eventually.

Gadd Glob: If Brush is equipped: Hurl paint glob, covering a small area in paint. Unlike the glyph, it operates like a projectile but causes decreased traction and increased chance of tripping for those who walk over it. Does not damage normally, but on rare occasions, fire of lightning paint may appear and hurt the foe instead.

Up-B: Rocket Nozzle: FLUDD: Rockets E. Gadd upward based on charge level. Must recharge after use for a short time, but good recovery overall with tremendous vertical gain (switching gadgets does not recharge this one, and in fact halts it until switched back).

Polter-gust: Poltergust: Fires a gust of wind downward, quick and reliable, and does not need recharge, but has very limited range. Can be aimed horizontally instead.

Gadd Javelin: Brush: Uses Brush as a javelin on the air, leaving some paint behind that "weighs down" foes who touch it, making them fall faster if they're under Gadd during use. Good diagonal recovery and gives both horizontal and vertical, but can easily be gimped if not careful. Also leaves Gadd in "helpless".

Final Smash: Gadd-gets Galore: Gadd prepares a huge ray-gun that sucks in foes (like a giant Poltergust), and blasts them out in a stream of water (like the FLUDD), leaving a trail of paint behind on the ground for those who dodge, for a short time.

As for A moves, I thought I would leave that open for some ideas from my thread-mate or other users, although I can post ideas of my own if people prefer.

Chase

Smash Ace
Now that the sequel to Luigi's Mansion has been released, I think it's high time the series got some representation; and Luigi's move set has nothing to do with Mansion. Most people think King Boo would be the series' representative, but I beg to differ. Being the inventor of the vacuum Luigi uses in game, the Poltergust 3000 (and in Dark Moon, 5000) and various other gadgets used throughout the franchise, I think it's high time Professor E. Gadd was playable in Super Smash Bros.​
Overview
E. Gadd made his debut in the 2001 game, Luigi's Mansion. Despite never appearing as playable, he was a great help to Luigi, giving him gadgets and advice so that he could save his brother Mario from a painting. His role in the sequel, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was around the same capacity; staying in his bunker and beaming Luigi to the various mansions throughout the game.
E. Gadd has made several other appearances throughout the series, each time with a new gadget for Mario/Luigi to use on their adventure. He also plays a major role in Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time, where he invents a time machine which the Bros. use to meet their baby counterparts.
Movesets

My Moveset​
Attributes: E. Gadd is light, and can move around quickly. He has a bit of a small hitbox, and runs at about the same speed as Diddy Kong in Brawl.

Playstyle: The mechanic to E. Gadd are a lot like fishing. Using your normally not very powerful weapons to reel in opponents and then pummeling them into submission. E. Gadd is a character who is mostly of good use when another player is alone and thinks they're safe.

Neutral Special - Poltergust 3000 - Can slowly shuffle back and forth while sucking in opponents with his vacuum. Not primarily meant for damage and more to draw opponents in for E. Gadd's good combos. Deals 3%-4% each vacuum suck.

Side Special - Pixelator - E. Gadd shoots a ball of pixels at opponents. Deals 18% if it hits.

Up Special - Magic Paintbrush - Used primarily for recovery, but can be used to rack up combos. Deals 10% with each strike and strikes 3 times per usage.

Down Special - F.L.U.D.D - Identical to Mario's.

Final Smash - Ghost Portrificationizer - Professor E. Gadd summons a large machine that can suck in opponents and turn them into portraits that they must break out of.

AAA - He does 3 headbutts to propel himself in any direction. Deals 2% per strike.
Forward Tilt - Spins Around to hit opponents. Deals 7%.
Up Tilt - Throws the Game Boy Horror into the air. Does 9%
Down Tilt - Lets loose a small Boo which can latch onto opponents.
Dash Attack - Trips and tackles opponents.

Neutral Air - Spins around the Poltergust. Does 9%.
Forward Air - Uses a miniature Hydrogush 4000 to shoot a jet of water at opponents.. Does 11%.
Up Air - Does a midair somersault, can be a meteor smash if sweet-spotted.. Does 9%.
Down Air - A dive kick. Does 9%.
Back Air - Throws one of his Gaddgets at opponents. Does 12%

Forward Smash - E. Gadd punches. Does 6-8% with each strike.
Up Smash - Identical to Wario's. Does 16-20%
Down Smash - Kicks, can be a meteor smash.

Pummel - Hits the opponent with his head. Does 3%.
Forward Throw - Throws the opponents horizontally. 1% for the throw, 10% for the explosion.
Up Throw - Throws the opponent up at a 90 degree angle, brings out a cartoony gun, and causes a small explosion of light to send the opponent flying further. Above average knockback. Does 5% for the throw, 7% for the explosion.
Down Throw - Jumps up and throws the opponent diagonal at the ground. Does 10%.
Back Throw - Throws the opponents a short distance into the air and headbutts them. Does 5% for the throw, 7% for the explosion.

Other:
Shield - Uses the Poltergust as a shield.

Taunts:
1. Brings out the Game Boy Horror and begins pressing buttons.
2. Trips and gets back up.
3. Drives in a circle in the Poltergust 4000.

Costumes:
Grey - Original Design
Blue - Blue lab coat, brown hair.
Red - Mad scientist themed.
Black
Gold
Green

Kirby Hat:
Gains his glasses and hair.

Pros:
Light
Great combos
Good Ground Game
Very hard to hit

Cons:
Hard to control
Not powerful with individual strikes.
Poor Air Game
Easily Backed into a Corner
Can be chain grabbed to an extent
/collapse]​

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
You know, if you think it is outdated, tell M&SG to put in the threads that aren't there. You should probably make a list or something.
Well, the list would be giant, but maybe I will try to make one. I think it is outdated because I made a Boney thread a few months ago and it is still not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom