• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review for Brawl has finally arrived! I hope your happy!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I'll say this:

-I definitely agree with him about Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog
-What he says about fighting games IS true, to some degree...
-I think I might qualify as "that guy", to some degree...
-LOL at what he said about Mother 3! :laugh:

I knew he was going to tear the game apart, so I'm not mad or angry at him for what he said.

Plus anyone who IS angry is pretty much a fanboy t***, like he said. You can disagree with him, of course, but getting all pissed off and angry will just make you look stupid.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I'll say this:

-I definitely agree with him about Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog
-What he says about fighting games IS true, to some degree...
-I think I might qualify as "that guy", to some degree...
-LOL at what he said about Mother 3! :laugh:

I knew he was going to tear the game apart, so I'm not mad or angry at him for what he said.

Plus anyone who IS angry is pretty much a fanboy t***, like he said. You can disagree with him, of course, but getting all pissed off and angry will just make you look stupid.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
sumed up brawl pretty nicely. tho if he EVER made a review like that about melee. oh man... no lolz

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad Yuna is here, or else I'd be the only sane person left...

Guess I'll just post the same thing on this one too:
I love this guy's reviews, but he sure did contradict himself a lot in this one :/

lol at the end "Not much point in writing anything here this week, everyone's already f*cked off to their favorite nintendo forum to talk about how I'm not a 'real' reviewer"

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
To be honest this kind of thing is only funny when someone would review a game that's actually bad like Halo 3 (reference to what he did a while back).

Rebel581

Smash Champion
To be honest this kind of thing is only funny when someone would review a game that's actually bad like Halo 3 (reference to what he did a while back).
Halo 3 is as bad of a game as Brawl. Congratulations, you're a fanboy. I personally get sick of it a lot more easily than Brawl, but saying that it's a bad game is as bad as a Halo fanboy saying smash is a bad game.

He would obviously hate this game. I can't believe people would be surprised at this.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Halo 3 is as bad of a game as Brawl. Congratulations, you're a fanboy. I personally get sick of it a lot more easily than Brawl, but saying that it's a bad game is as bad as a Halo fanboy saying smash is a bad game.
*facepalm*

I'm not a fanboy. I'm just stating the facts to the situation. Why is Brawl a better game than Halo 3? Because the series is actual original and doesn't steal concepts from other shooters nor is the single player experience bad like in the Halo series. That's just a plain ol' fact. Matter of fact I'm a huge fan of FPS and play games like Team Fortress and Portal all the time. I know what a good FPS is and that isn't any Halo game at all.

If I was a fanboy I would say, "Lol Brawl is the best game in the world and the Wii is the best system ever because it's NINTENDOOOO!" but I don't. Matter of fact I have quite a few favorite games over Brawl and Brawl isn't even my favorite Wii game. Nor do I think the Wii is the best system of this generation because looking at the facts of everything and the selection of actual good games the 360 has it beat (albeit I'd say the Wii has more good titles than the PS3 so the Wii does have quite a place).

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Thing is, Yahtzee doesn't even like fighting games anyway(as he detailed pretty well early in his review). It was obvious from the beginning that some of the things he would say would be based on the fact that he's reviewing the game simply to appease the fanboys. However, he also had many legitamite complaints, and plenty of truthful points.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Thing is, Yahtzee doesn't even like fighting games anyway(as he detailed pretty well early in his review). It was obvious from the beginning that some of the things he would say would be based on the fact that he's reviewing the game simply to appease the fanboys. However, he also had many legitamite complaints, and plenty of truthful points.
No actually a legitimate complaint would be him noting that the online is fairly mediocre and the SSE is full of diarrhea from the *** of a scenario planner who did pieces of garbage like FFVII and Kingdom Hearts series.

Dabble

Smash Cadet
*facepalm*

I'm not a fanboy. I'm just stating the facts to the situation. Why is Brawl a better game than Halo 3? Because the series is actual original and doesn't steal concepts from other shooters nor is the single player experience bad like in the Halo series. That's just a plain ol' fact. Matter of fact I'm a huge fan of FPS and play games like Team Fortress and Portal all the time. I know what a good FPS is and that isn't any Halo game at all.

If I was a fanboy I would say, "Lol Brawl is the best game in the world and the Wii is the best system ever because it's NINTENDOOOO!" but I don't. Matter of fact I have quite a few favorite games over Brawl and Brawl isn't even my favorite Wii game. Nor do I think the Wii is the best system of this generation because looking at the facts of everything and the selection of actual good games the 360 has it beat (albeit I'd say the Wii has more good titles than the PS3 so the Wii does have quite a place).

Oh dear jesusfied llama this post is so **** tasty and sweet that I can't possibly take it in all at once 'fore if I did, I would have diabetes.

Dude, this is the...QFT. Just QFT.

Yeah, the Wii doesn't have Ninja Gaiden II, so needless to say, it is clear where my interests are.

Not that I am, y'know, BIASED or anything, but whatever system is packing Ninja Gaiden is obviously the best. IMO. Nah, screw it, scratch IMO, that **** is fact. =O

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
No actually a legitimate complaint would be him noting that the online is fairly mediocre and the SSE is full of diarrhea from the *** of a scenario planner who did pieces of garbage like FFVII and Kingdom Hearts series.
He did talk about SSE, and how it was so repetative.

orintemple

Smash Lord
You guys do realize that Yahtzee rips ALL games apart. That is the point of his videos, is to point out the good in games super fast so he can make fun of them for the last 3 1/2 minutes. The only game that was the exception was Portal, which is basically his favorite game ever except that weird game on the Commodore 64 that he is obsessed with.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Halo 3 is as bad of a game as Brawl.
What's funny about this post is that Yahtzee thinks Halo 3 is better than Brawl, not that they're both equally bad.

He doesn't directly state it, but he says "Brawl is only for fanboys" (which is basically saying no normal person should play it) while saying that Halo 3 is mediocre.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
He did talk about SSE, and how it was so repetative.
Yeah but the thing is, it isn't. Boring, but it isn't repetitive and long as he claims it is. Matter of fact I easily completed it in one day without no problems unlocking most of the characters in the game. The platforming itself has variety and so do the missions, they just aren't that exciting.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah but the thing is, it isn't. Boring, but it isn't repetitive and long as he claims it is. Matter of fact I easily completed it in one day without no problems unlocking most of the characters in the game. The platforming itself has variety and so do the missions, they just aren't that exciting.
1) It is repetitive. It's the same bloody thing one jillion times. Heck, that last dungeon, which was huge, was even a rehash of every single dungeon that came before it!
2) Repetitive =/= Takes one bazillion years to finish. Just because you finished it in one day doesn't mean it isn't repetitive. And he criticized the game for requiring you to play tons of single player (i.e. finish the SSE + more) to unlock all characters, a feat that takes at least a few hours, hours he'd rather spend playing multiplayer with his friends. You finishing the SSE in a day does in no way invalidate his complaint.
3) What variety does the platforming have? It's just the same thing over and over and over again. And missions? All you do is run across dungeons, go from Point A to Point B and beat occasional bosses. That's... pretty much it. And yes, the fact that they aren't exciting is a problem when it's almost required you play through the SSE to unlock all characters (or you could do it the annoying way, 450 Brawls).

You guys do realize that Yahtzee rips ALL games apart. That is the point of his videos, is to point out the good in games super fast so he can make fun of them for the last 3 1/2 minutes. The only game that was the exception was Portal, which is basically his favorite game ever except that weird game on the Commodore 64 that he is obsessed with.
But he's got reasons for doing so... as in, these games sometimes suck or are mediocre or whatever.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
1) It is repetitive. It's the same bloody thing one jillion times. Heck, that last dungeon, which was huge, was even a rehash of every single dungeon that came before it!
Yeah, say that to Super Mario 3.

I never said it was good, it just isn't really that repetitive. As a platformer it's mediocre but that's it. The only part that I found repetitive was going through the Great Maze.
2) Repetitive =/= Takes one bazillion years to finish.
Obviously that's why I said that it was pretty quick in response to his claim that it was a long journey in the SSE.
Just because you finished it in one day doesn't mean it isn't repetitive. And he criticized the game for requiring you to play tons of single player (i.e. finish the SSE + more) to unlock all characters, a feat that takes at least a few hours, hours he'd rather spend playing multiplayer with his friends.
Oh geez, he must hate 99% of every game in the world then.
You finishing the SSE in a day does in no way invalidate his complaint.
It does when he's all, "THE SSE IS SOOOO LONG GOD"
3) What variety does the platforming have? It's just the same thing over and over and over again.
Yeah, most of the time it is, but at the same time there's a small saving grace that makes it, well, not really that repetitive to the point it would warrant as a legit complaint. That is, there's a bit variety in designs on some levels and whatnot.

I never said it was good, though. Quite frankly I think the SSE is really mediocre. Although repetitive isn't really a legit complaint about it is what I'm saying.
And missions? All you do is run across dungeons, go from Point A to Point B and beat occasional bosses. That's... pretty much it. And yes, the fact that they aren't exciting is a problem when it's almost required you play through the SSE to unlock all characters (or you could do it the annoying way, 450 Brawls).
I'm quite aware that's a problem.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Personally I thought this Zero Punctuation was surprisingly lacking as have the last few ones. I'll admit I chuckled a little bit through it there was never really anything that made me laugh like I did with the earlier ones. There didn't seem to be any real sarcasm or wit, just pure unadulterated hate and from what I can tell Yahtzee's reviews seem to be going downward from delightfully anarchic and witty attacks on over hyped games and their flaws to just straight low grade hate on over hyped games and their flaws. From a review standpoint this is fine, but considering I could get the same thing anywhere it really bothers me. I think Yahtzee might need to take a week or two off and maybe get back into his old groove or else he'll probably start losing popularity quite quickly.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, say that to Super Mario 3.
Being repetitive does not necessarily mean being bad if what you're repeating is good. The SSE, however, is repetitive in a bad way. Besides, SMB 3 had quite varied levels and level design. It wasn't just that the background sometimes changed, so did the level design.

In the SSE, everything is pretty much the same except for aethestics. And every stage is way too long and repetitive.

I never said it was good, it just isn't really that repetitive. As a platformer it's mediocre but that's it. The only part that I found repetitive was going through the Great Maze.
How is it not repetitive?

Obviously that's why I said that it was pretty quick in response to his claim that it was a long journey in the SSE
It would be long for someone who doesn't play a lot of Smash and know how to not die too much and who knows what to do and as whom. For someone who just wants to unlock stuff, it can take a while.

Oh geez, he must hate 99% of every game in the world then.

It does when he's all, "THE SSE IS SOOOO LONG GOD"
Because it is. It's not that bad... but they repeat the same **** over and over and over again and it goes on for way too long, making it much worse.

Yeah, most of the time it is, but at the same time there's a small saving grace that makes it, well, not really that repetitive to the point it would warrant as a legit complaint. That is, there's a bit variety in designs on some levels and whatnot.
I disagree. I've complained about it in the past. I think my complains are legit.

I never said it was good, though. Quite frankly I think the SSE is really mediocre. Although repetitive isn't really a legit complaint about it is what I'm saying.
I'm saying the opposite.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Being repetitive does not necessarily mean being bad if what you're repeating is good. The SSE, however, is repetitive in a bad way. Besides, SMB 3 had quite varied levels and level design. It wasn't just that the background sometimes changed, so did the level design.
And I could say the same about the SSE even though it was mostly minor.
In the SSE, everything is pretty much the same except for aethestics. And every stage is way too long and repetitive.
How is it not repetitive?
Because it is. It's not that bad... but they repeat the same **** over and over and over again and it goes on for way too long, making it much worse.
I never said it wasn't repetitive. To an extent, a great one, it is. However saying it is wouldn't be completely true at the same thing since, like you said, the aesthetics of the level change and there is a few original things here and there (like, for example, doors that require beating certain enemies, which I've seen only in a few levels, and other little quirks like that). Because there's that small amount of non-repetitiveness in it, the SSE to me really doesn't warrant as PURE REPETITIVE that you're stressing it out to be.

I mean, there's actual bigger complaints that are more important than this. For example, the fact that the way the sequence of events were pulled off were just ****ty. It could've been epic but it felt like I was playing some really ******** Kingdom Hearts **** when Sakurai was stressing how this was gonna be all-so awesome in terms of cutscenes. That and there's the fact that it's just dull as hell as a platformer. Quite frankly the only thing I enjoyed in the SSE thoroughly was the bosses. Matter of fact if Sakurai released another version of Brawl and replaced the whole SSE with hundreds of bosses I would just love it. There's also the complaint of how there's hardly any Nintendo enemies featured in the SSE and mostly is original, badly designed, creatures.
It would be long for someone who doesn't play a lot of Smash and know how to not die too much and who knows what to do and as whom. For someone who just wants to unlock stuff, it can take a while.
So basically he's angry at the game because he sucks at it. Right.
I disagree. I've complained about it in the past. I think my complains are legit.

I'm saying the opposite.
Well too bad, you must wake up and smell the coffee, face the reality of things. SSE sucks but not for the reason you're stressing at all. If it does then all video games in the world suck since everyone of them, by definition, is repetitive. That's why you must look upon on how it's pulled off, and the way Brawl pulls of their repetitiveness is on the mediocre side but it isn't completely repetitive.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
*facepalm*

Apparently you are, if you can't deny that another game is good, even if you don't like the genre. I can understand that DMC and God of War are good games, but I HATE those games and would rather choose to stuff feces down my mouth than play them. I decided I must just hate that genre, since I can't think of another game in that genre that I like.

And the series is original? I'll first start with that you are first taking a bunch of big name Nintendo characters (oh, how original. Characters that exist in other games!). Then there's games such as Powerstone. The game takes things from other places, whether on purpose, or by accident. It's a natural part of EVERYTHING. And by the time you get to the third game, your not original anymore no matter how hard you try!

And did you just say the single player experience isn't bland, boring, and repetitive? I'd MUCH rather play through the Halo 3 single player than the Brawl single player. Heck, I'd rather go play God of War then play through SSE again. Let alone get those freaking trophies. Which on top of that, the coin launcher was the worst idea EVER. It's not fun, and it consumes a lot of time. This is NOT a good combination. Both games were built for multiplayer anyways, so let's look at that. Halo's online doesn't suck ****, unlike Brawl's with an online service that works as well as my neutered dog's testicles. Good thing I like to play Brawl with people in the same room as me. Man, Halo sure sucks not being able to play with people next to me. Oh wait, I CAN play with people next to me, AND play online at the same time! Eureka! And don't give me any bullcrap about having to pay for Live. It's $50 for a year, and I haven't even paid. I just create a new account and get a month free. Eventually, I'll end up paying, when I give a ****.

Next let's go into the originality. If you say Halo 3 isn't original because of FPS's that came out AFTER the first game, then smash isn't original because 64 exists. So let's start with the first games in the series. Halo revolutionized console FPS to the point that Goldeneye did. It improved in every way the FPS genre on consoles. On PC? The game sucks ***. Go play a real FPS. It's one of the best on consoles, as that's what it was made for.

First of all, vehicles were the biggest innovation. The vehicle controls are done incredibly well. Have you played Crysis? Probably not, but if you have, I'll cite the vehicles in that game. It should be fun to be in a gigantic indestructible tank blowing **** up. In Crysis, the vehicle controls were so bad, I got out of the tank and took to the tank level on foot. This doesn't happen in Halo. Then there's the regenerating health system that was created by Halo. You know that thing in every FPS known to man nowadays? Halo started that. Many don't like it, but many prefer it. I prefer it. Then there's the two weapons held system. While having an entire row of weapons set to buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... works for PC, it doesn't work for consoles. Switching between 300 weapons does NOT work on consoles. Halo fixed this, and created the two weapon system that's now in most FPS. It adds strategy to your weapon choice on top of that. Innovation I think. Ever play Resistance? Where you can carry every god**** weapon in the game. I find it more of a chore to switch to the weapon I need in combat situations then it should take. Then, if I do it quickly, there's a VERY high likelihood I screwed up because I can't rely on muscle memory, since the menu changes depending on what weapons you have.

Then let's look at what Halo 3 added. Looks like it mostly just perfected things. Weapon balance is incredibly good, with every weapon pretty much having a use, and the power weapons still being above the others. Power weapons were made so that more than one could exist on the map at a time (sword, Lockout anyone?). Usable items that add to strategy and only one can be held at a time, adding strategy to which one you choose. What has Brawl added? Lack of wavedashing? INNOVATION!

Note: Brawl has added things, but if you claim that it's anymore than Halo has added, you're wrong. Final Smashes don't count.

Other Note: Portal is only an FPS as it's first person. I don't see much shooter in that game. <3 Portal though. Although apparently, you don't know what a good shooter is if you didn't put CoD4 on that list. Also, these are all PC shooters and were designed for the PC... unless you're playing the *******ized versions of them that exist on the 360.

Also, I never said fanboy of the Wii. You are being a fanboy of BRAWL. That requires no loyalty to the Wii at all. As you defended the single player of this game, you are definitely a fanboy.

And SSE is bland, repetitive, and boring. Yahtzhee's right. This game is NOT the second coming. I still love the game, but I'm in that category of people he LISTED that he said wouldn't give a **** what he said. Have you ever seen someone who doesn't play fighting games or that type of game try and play Brawl? It's a disaster, and if they don't like losing, they will immediately drop the game and go do something else.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Luke Groundwalker said:
Well too bad, you must wake up and smell the coffee, face the reality of things. SSE sucks but not for the reason you're stressing at all. If it does then all video games in the world suck since everyone of them, by definition, is repetitive. That's why you must look upon on how it's pulled off, and the way Brawl pulls of their repetitiveness is on the mediocre side but it isn't completely repetitive.
Read:

Yuna said:
You yourself believe the SSE is bad, and I'd hardly think you'd believe that SMB3 was bad. It is possible for games to be horrible based on repetition, and its possible for games to be awesome based on repetition. The important part here is whether the gameplay is good enough for the player to WANT repetition. In this case, SMB 3 has great gameplay, and the SSE suffers from boring gameplay.

tl;dr The SSE is repetitive in a bad way because its gameplay is horrible.

Rash

Smash Ace
This review was hilarious. Even as a huge fan of the game, I laughed hard. People who are even remotely offended by Yahtzee's remarks are totally missing the point of his reviews in the first place. Heck, the same goes for those who wholeheartedly agree with him.

And guys, the SSE is designed as a hybrid of a beat 'em up and a Kirby game. Both which can be considered repetitive in ways, but much moreso the former. What more did you possibly expect out of it? Who actually thought that, when they first heard of the SSE, it would be anything more than an extension of Melee's Adventure Mode's first stage?

Yeah, SSE wasn't great, but I think getting 100% in it is satisfying. I'd rather just get that over with once than play through a Melee-like Adventure Mode multiple times.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Apparently you are, if you can't deny that another game is good, even if you don't like the genre. I can understand that DMC and God of War are good games, but I HATE those games and would rather choose to stuff feces down my mouth than play them. I decided I must just hate that genre, since I can't think of another game in that genre that I like.

And the series is original? I'll first start with that you are first taking a bunch of big name Nintendo characters (oh, how original. Characters that exist in other games!). Then there's games such as Powerstone. The game takes things from other places, whether on purpose, or by accident. It's a natural part of EVERYTHING. And by the time you get to the third game, your not original anymore no matter how hard you try!

And did you just say the single player experience isn't bland, boring, and repetitive? I'd MUCH rather play through the Halo 3 single player than the Brawl single player. Heck, I'd rather go play God of War then play through SSE again. Let alone get those freaking trophies. Which on top of that, the coin launcher was the worst idea EVER. It's not fun, and it consumes a lot of time. This is NOT a good combination. Both games were built for multiplayer anyways, so let's look at that. Halo's online doesn't suck ****, unlike Brawl's with an online service that works as well as my neutered dog's testicles. Good thing I like to play Brawl with people in the same room as me. Man, Halo sure sucks not being able to play with people next to me. Oh wait, I CAN play with people next to me, AND play online at the same time! Eureka! And don't give me any bullcrap about having to pay for Live. It's $50 for a year, and I haven't even paid. I just create a new account and get a month free. Eventually, I'll end up paying, when I give a ****.

Next let's go into the originality. If you say Halo 3 isn't original because of FPS's that came out AFTER the first game, then smash isn't original because 64 exists. So let's start with the first games in the series. Halo revolutionized console FPS to the point that Goldeneye did. It improved in every way the FPS genre on consoles. On PC? The game sucks ***. Go play a real FPS. It's one of the best on consoles, as that's what it was made for.

First of all, vehicles were the biggest innovation. The vehicle controls are done incredibly well. Have you played Crysis? Probably not, but if you have, I'll cite the vehicles in that game. It should be fun to be in a gigantic indestructible tank blowing **** up. In Crysis, the vehicle controls were so bad, I got out of the tank and took to the tank level on foot. This doesn't happen in Halo. Then there's the regenerating health system that was created by Halo. You know that thing in every FPS known to man nowadays? Halo started that. Many don't like it, but many prefer it. I prefer it. Then there's the two weapons held system. While having an entire row of weapons set to buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... works for PC, it doesn't work for consoles. Switching between 300 weapons does NOT work on consoles. Halo fixed this, and created the two weapon system that's now in most FPS. It adds strategy to your weapon choice on top of that. Innovation I think. Ever play Resistance? Where you can carry every god**** weapon in the game. I find it more of a chore to switch to the weapon I need in combat situations then it should take. Then, if I do it quickly, there's a VERY high likelihood I screwed up because I can't rely on muscle memory, since the menu changes depending on what weapons you have.

Then let's look at what Halo 3 added. Looks like it mostly just perfected things. Weapon balance is incredibly good, with every weapon pretty much having a use, and the power weapons still being above the others. Power weapons were made so that more than one could exist on the map at a time (sword, Lockout anyone?). Usable items that add to strategy and only one can be held at a time, adding strategy to which one you choose. What has Brawl added? Lack of wavedashing? INNOVATION!

Note: Brawl has added things, but if you claim that it's anymore than Halo has added, you're wrong. Final Smashes don't count.

Other Note: Portal is only an FPS as it's first person. I don't see much shooter in that game. <3 Portal though. Although apparently, you don't know what a good shooter is if you didn't put CoD4 on that list. Also, these are all PC shooters and were designed for the PC... unless you're playing the *******ized versions of them that exist on the 360.

Also, I never said fanboy of the Wii. You are being a fanboy of BRAWL. That requires no loyalty to the Wii at all. As you defended the single player of this game, you are definitely a fanboy.

And SSE is bland, repetitive, and boring. Yahtzhee's right. This game is NOT the second coming. I still love the game, but I'm in that category of people he LISTED that he said wouldn't give a **** what he said. Have you ever seen someone who doesn't play fighting games or that type of game try and play Brawl? It's a disaster, and if they don't like losing, they will immediately drop the game and go do something else.
Oh BAAWWWWWWWWWWW!

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww indeed.

P.S. Yahtzee's awesome, I love how he uses that same sprite for all enemy and non player objects, the little black fire hydron style icon which he also used for crash objects in Burnout. He's so epic.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Oh BAAWWWWWWWWWWW!
Wow, you quoted that wall of text just to say oh bawwwwww?

And he criticized the game for requiring you to play tons of single player (i.e. finish the SSE + more) to unlock all characters, a feat that takes at least a few hours, hours he'd rather spend playing multiplayer with his friends.
But you don't need to play through SSE at all if you don't want to, that's the great thing about it! You can unlock all the characters just by playing multiplayer with your friends (in fact, this is what I did ^_^)

Top Bottom