• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Years with a girlfriend will make you insane.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Awww that's really sweet. I wish the best to you and your girl, man. Three years is respectable. I've checked out girls in my class only to find out they have a bf for many years. I back off and respect that. I hope other women hitting on you will respect that bond too instead of trying to homewreck. Almost cheating > cheating. It makes me smile to see how you seem like a moral person - not passing that threshold. I know a girl who is the absolute opposite of you - she cheated on her f-buddy ex-bf. She claimed that the cheater only put it in for a second and that it doesn't count as cheating... yea, okay.

Anyway, it's good to read something heartwarming and not really angsty haha. Though I loathe and despise Jersey Shore XD, props to you man. I wish the best to you!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'd say leave her. It doesn't mean that the three years you shared weren't special, but if you've seriously considered cheating on your girlfriend, and seriously considered leaving her on multiple occasions, then maybe you're trying to tell yourself something.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you're less than 30 years old, so this is the time when you should be experimenting and testing the waters. That's not to say you should f*uck everything that moves, but you don't necessarily need to be tied down in an exclusive relationship right now. If you find a good one, then hey, more power to you...but it sounds to me (at least based on what you wrote), that you're staying with this girl more out of respect for what you had in the past.

Either way, don't make any decision for her sake, make it for yours. You can't make good relationship decisions based on whether or not you're right for her. You need to make decisions based on whether or not she's right for you.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Sounds like this girl has a pretty good guy with her.

Relationships do make you go insane. lol

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Bang a few fatties get it out your system. Dont ruin a good thing. She cant be mad at you banging some fatties, its really not even cheating.

One thing I actually look to is the Jersey Shore's couple, Ronnie and Sammi. Besides all of the obnoxious things that go on in that show, their relationship, in my opinion, is very genuine. When I see them its exactly how me and my girlfriend are at times. Fighting constantly for no apparent reason, jealousy problems, girl problems, cheating (or in my case almost cheating). In the end, they always end up ok. They might break up alot, but I know that it has happened many times with my relationship.
I laughed so hard at the fact you're comparing your real life relationship to the scum of mankind.

The Official

Smash Rookie
Maybe you havent been in a relationship as long as I have. But after all the "lovey dovey" stuff comes alot of arguing and fighting.

Thats what I see in their relationship, and thats what happens in mine.

Another thing. Hating on people you dont personally know is childish. But you can say whatever you want. All im saying is, I wouldnt judge a person based off of a TV show. If you ask me, thats petty.

§witch

Smash Lord
He wasn't saying him and his girlfriend act like the jersey shore couple. He said he saw parallels in their relationships.

Hating jersey shore is the new hating twilight: it doesn't make you edgy, you just look like you care more than the people who enjoy it.

Odessa

Smash Cadet
There are no parallels. You think those dramatic feuds are what real relationships consist of?

The general patterns, perhaps, but you love her deep down inside. There's a considerable difference.

That's just my perspective, maybe if I'm wrong, somebody could elaborate?

§witch

Smash Lord
There are no parallels. You think those dramatic feuds are what real relationships consist of?

The general patterns, perhaps, but you love her deep down inside. There's a considerable difference.

No, but I understand that feuds happen. No relationships are perfect.

The Official

Smash Rookie

I've had many dramatic feuds that had my parents get involved, friends, my girlfriends parents, uncles, cousins, her cousins, her sister, my grand parents and probably more people.

Im not sure you've been in a "real relationship" if you havent been through atleast one really dramatic fight. It happens all the time with my relationship. But now a days it just seems like its more fun then it is serious. 3 years is a long time.

Odessa

Smash Cadet
I've had many dramatic feuds that had my parents get involved, friends, my girlfriends parents, uncles, cousins, her cousins, her sister, my grand parents and probably more people.

Im not sure you've been in a "real relationship" if you havent been through atleast one really dramatic fight. It happens all the time with my relationship. But now a days it just seems like its more fun then it is serious. 3 years is a long time.
I've been in numerous relationships. That's irrelevant.

Of course there are fights. That's normal. Jersey Shore is completely fake, the relationships are not legitimate.

There should be no comparisons or parallels, really. At the same time, if a couple never fights, something doesn't add up.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lawl. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years. We fight a lot, but we love each other. Most of our fights are dumb though. Like we'll play Monster Hunter Tri and we'll blame each other for stuff, lolz.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
relationships
- has its ups and downs
- communication is key to a healthy relationship
- even though you told your girl about you past mistakes, sometimes its not good to tell the truth (most people who are in/been in a shaky relationship should understand)
- if you want to stay with a girl, you may have to give up being friends with other females dude because if you keep getting close to messing up, one time you wont be able to stop

I may be wrong about you but I live Detroit where anyone can get cheated on so I refuse to fall in love (girls are easy here so its no that hard for me to keep my heart locked away)

link2702

Smash Champion
wait tilll you get married...

....even crazier when its an international marriage(No lie)

Top Bottom