• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

JOE!

Smash Hero
yoshi will always be a low tier character because of his trouble killing, his mediocre priority, and his inability to jump out of his shield. this doesnt mean he doesnt have an OoS game, it just keeps him back enough to where he cant make middle tier.
is jumping out of shield that big of a deal? >.>

and shouldnt his matchups alone make him at least bottom of mid-tier due to going even with almost everyone save 4 or so disadvantaged mathcups? :p

Metatitan

Smash Master
no he has a lot of disadvantage matchups lol. and its not so much that as the fact that he takes longer to drop his shield than anyone else

Depster

Smash Champion
He has way more even and advantageous matchups than devastatingly bad matchups, I don't know why people try to use that against him

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
I'm relatively new here, so I wouldn't know.

So, how many of you played a gamed called "Tetris Attack"? It's an extremely additive puzzle game for the SNES, and it's my favorite puzzle game of all time.

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
I completely agree. Although it was just a direct port of Panel de Pon (SNES), it had a great soundtrack.

In fact, Yoshi needs to go ahead and get his own game on the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy was a wonderful game, but I was disappointed with Yoshi's absense.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
SHIRI :D

where's the rest of y'all

*hugs*

btw is there a new backroom or something?
I remember you from my lurking days. Welcome back.

I'm relatively new here, so I wouldn't know.

So, how many of you played a gamed called "Tetris Attack"? It's an extremely additive puzzle game for the SNES, and it's my favorite puzzle game of all time.
I had it for Gameboy. I remember playing it the first time, seeing Yoshi, and being like, "Huh? Yoshi wasn't on the box...cool!" I remember doing that one mode (forget what it was called) where it gave you a set number of moves to clear all of the blocks a lot. Writing down all the passwords and such. Clearing like 30 blocks in 1 move was so epic. Especially when it combo'd like 5 times.

In fact, Yoshi needs to go ahead and get his own game on the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy was a wonderful game, but I was disappointed with Yoshi's absense.
Yes. Yes he does.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
My two favorite parts:

"The best Yoshi guide in the history of all Yoshi guides" said:
He should already be green, but in the case that he isn't IMMEDIATELY make him green using the semi-circular buttons around the big green button. Yoshi sucks when he is other colors. Every Yoshi player can attest to this. If someone tells you otherwise, say that they are lying and punch them in the face. Pink is BY FAR the worst color, though. Don't even LOOK at pink Yoshi.
"The best Yoshi guide in the history of all Yoshi guides" said:
-If you manage to grab someone, throw them IMMEDIATELY. Yoshi doesn't like the taste of his opponents and he will get angry at you if you grab them without throwing them.

Metatitan

Smash Master
ddd, peach, mk, zelda, samus, olimar, luigi, fox, wario, snake, falco, lucario, wolf. all of these characters are worse than the matchup ratios u gave for them (some of them not a lot worse, like 5 worse but its still incorrect)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Metatitan, I think you are only right about Zelda, Falco, Lucario, and Wolf. I especially question why you think that Peach is worse that 45:55 (I think it's neutral), Fox being worse than 45:55 (once again, neutral), and Wario being worse than 45:55 (I think it's 55:45).

Metatitan

Smash Master
play edrees, get ***** and ull see why. there are no good peaches in florida so stfu. sry <3,i get a tad flustered when pple underestimate peach. the fox and wario matchups were discussed to be worse than the ratios JOE listed. and samus is 65:35 samus advantage JOE

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm not underestimating Peach. I know her combo abilities and how she can somehow almost always land a sweet-spotted up-smash on Yoshi, but Yoshi destroys her air-game and she is not that hard to edge-guard if you can predict her.

On the other two, Wario was discussed to be 45:55 at worst and Fox was barely discussed.

JOE!

Smash Hero
how is wario a 40/60 for us? o.O

edit: and how is playing one player an exaple of a CHARACTER on CHARACTER matchup?

Metatitan

Smash Master
jiggs goes even with us. wario is jiggs on crack. its not only impossible to grab him, but the infinite is difficult to perform and half the time it takes too much time to be helpful

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'm not underestimating Peach. I know her combo abilities and how she can somehow almost always land a sweet-spotted up-smash on Yoshi, but Yoshi destroys her air-game and she is not that hard to edge-guard if you can predict her.

On the other two, Wario was discussed to be 45:55 at worst and Fox was barely discussed.
its more of her fair that ***** us. and her edge game rox

sry 4 double post

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
If you want to discuss about Wario and Peach, please do it in the Wario and Peach discussion threads. >.>

I'm going to bed...

(I wish that I can have Mmac's sleeping Yoshi sprite. :()

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lil'b and Meta disagree with EVERYONE! Except on that one occasion me and Lil agreed. o.o

Metatitan

Smash Master
actually i agree with majority most of the time ^^
but i am usually able to fire up a few people, im just special like that :D
chaco gimme my internet birthday presents nao

Chaco

Never Logs In
o.o

I'm afraid to ask what you want. *unbuttons shirt*

loljk

Top Bottom