• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No slush, it's even, not our favor.

If rob has gyro he has a slight edge, if we have it we have a slightly better edge due to our speed, djc options, and control mixed with egg toss and egg lay. When he doesn't use gyro, it's pretty even as well.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
@Delta: I didn't even argue with Polt or anything lol. We agreed to that matchup.

Also Yoshis, is the board still nice and clean? :]

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
K, I'm bad at theorycrafting and I'm not going to bother trying now, but you seem to be implying ROB is going to just let us take the gyro. He outcamps us when we don't have the gyro (which should be most of the time IMO), and he has good tools for keeping us out. Looking at the other match-ups in that thread (which it seems we all agree are pretty good for the most part), ROB belongs with the other -1s. He is not as easy as Olimar, DK, or any of the characters listed as even match-ups, and he is definitely not easier than the likes of Wario, Kirby, Ike, and a lot of the other characters listed as -1s. ROB is fine where he is.

:005:

D

Deleted member

@socks: um, it kinda does, human error can be taken into account. For example, icies have throws on yoshi that change the timing between grabs so much that it can only leave a small window of 2-3 frames or a change in the window time by up to 12 frames. With that many puny openings and timing flips, it can be really hard, even near impossible for someone to remember/change/react to all those switches on a whim.

No it doesnt. I can CG yoshi with ICs and i dont play ice climbers. Its really not that hard XD
Human error is obviously a factor, but if you notice, there are plenty of good climber players that do not drop grabs very often.
I don't know what kind of Marth do you play but you CAN'T BE SERIOUS D:
Dash attack is slow and can be reacted too, of course you can just rush in if the Marth is dumb (I've beatn a Marth just by dash at him and upsmash because he jumped every time when I dashed in his direction)

Smart Marths are soooo hard. -2 is somehow really accurate (-3 would be stupid, not comparable with Lucario at all) and I just realized last weekend that this dancing blade is soooo annoying, he can just spam stuff over and over again that should get actually punished but we can't.
it's sad :(
Ive played m1keh4ze in tournament and it was quite literally last hit (he was at like 170). And im terrible. I dont think it can be considered a counter, but im not strongly against the -2 number.
The only move that really buttrapes us is dancing blade. His zoning is beatable, and your dash attacks are probably reacted to because you are bad and cant mix it up, not because its actually possible to react to a move that comes out rather quickly, when there are 5 other options out of a dash/foxtrot. Obviously smarter players are harder than dumb ones.

Honestly i think while yoshi is kind of bad, you do underrate yoshi and kind of bash yoshis who are more experienced and skilled than you (polt and delta). Its ok to like disagree and argue and you could be right but ur a little harsh considering you dont beat anyone good

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I don't know what kind of Marth do you play but you CAN'T BE SERIOUS D:
Dash attack is slow and can be reacted too, of course you can just rush in if the Marth is dumb (I've beatn a Marth just by dash at him and upsmash because he jumped every time when I dashed in his direction)

Smart Marths are soooo hard. -2 is somehow really accurate (-3 would be stupid, not comparable with Lucario at all) and I just realized last weekend that this dancing blade is soooo annoying, he can just spam stuff over and over again that should get actually punished but we can't.
it's sad :(
You don't just rush in. You can use Marth's zoning against him. If you space him well, you can find plenty of opportunities to dash in and do something. And even then you mix it up. I wish I had videos of the MU, but I don't, so meh.

For Marths I've played:

Kadaj
Pierce
Minty
Anti
Ally

(Hi Namesearchers!)

I wouldn't say they're stupid players.

Can you explain how dancing blade is good? I don't get it.
It ***** our shield.

@celes: dancing blade has almost no cooldown and can do massive damage when it connects. It also outranges and outprioritizes everything plus comes out fast.
DB has mad cooldown, lol. We can shieldgrab every part of it if it isn't chained to the next hit. The problem is is that we don't know which will be done.

Really don't care if you people think the Marth main I play consistenly is garbage or not, It's -2. Even at my best I still get close to 90% and having a close set in both friendlies and Tournament. Nike is literally the only person I play friendlies with in SA, and out of 20 matches i'd probably have 8 or so won
No offense, but I don't think you're good enough to not get ***** by Marth. Like I said, he ***** bad players with bad habits, but if you're good and smart, it's not a problem.

Played a DDD last saturday, what we do to DK (aside from being extremely careful from deadly Smashes from DK) I just continued doing Egglay combos, some Egg camping, and tried to stop habit of challenging him off stage since he beats almost all our Air moves with his own. With playing more careful then usual and the help of Egglay that gave me the tournament win. (I've played Fogo's DDD too but that was back at... HOBO 28)
I might just have a current weakness against DDD. I'm truly open to that fact, but as of now, I'd say it's a counter, not just a small disadvantage.

I haven't really played many GnW's. One Con noob at San Japan, and Derk.
But Derk alone makes me believe it's ATLEAST -1, but sure as hell not =. Even if all we do is camp and force him to approach and just continue pivoting him when he attempts Bair or Dair.
I've played Vinnie (<3) and beaten him every time we've played. I actually 2 stocked his GnW most recently. GnW is sort of like Marth in that he'll beat you if you're autopiloty and predictable. At low levels, GnW probably ***** us.

Yes she's floaty, yes we can combo off her. But I really can't say anything since only Samus main i've played is Xyro. And like Reflex with PT, Xyro IS Samus.
I'll just say it's slightly our favor...
inb4namesearch.

I don't really want to continue debating Samus because I haven't played Xyro offline yet, and last I played him on WiFi was like, a year ago or something (when I was pretty bad).

No, Egglay seems to be a better option in my book and just throw eggs when he's jumping around trying to space himself away from us and use Fair if we recklessly approach.
DJC Egg Lay is also a good move in this MU. But if you only use it, it automatically becomes a bad option. Mixups are key.

DK is both a heavy character and a hard hitter with quite a bit of range with both Uair plus a Bair that's a lesser version of wolfs (In my opinion) But we can combo off him easily cause of his speed size and just lag after most moves he uses on stage. (Not sure about a DK ever using Fair)
DK uses Fair occasionally. At least, I see Will make some use of it.

GnW is light but depending how fast they DI with Nair, can immediatly Bucket to Momentum Cancel, has a fast Dtilt with a bit more range then ours I think, Stupid Bair and Dair, an UpB that's invincible till frame 14. And depending on how well the GnW reads us, can grab us half the time if we're not careful, and tech right into an Usmash. I think his Bair can beat our eggs too, which gives me more a reason to hate it alongside his Air moves.[/COLOR]
Sounds like you have a personal problem with the MU.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Delta, marth has 30 frames of end lag, yes, but he can interupt the lag to go to the next slash any time during those 30 frames. He can quite literally just do the first swing over and over again, and if you go to grab, react our 17 frame grab and either go to the next 3 slashes, or dolphin slash us with his invinsibility.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
exactly, I just think it's even and am pretty adamant on that
Totally in agreement with this.

ROB doesn't really have anything paticular gay on us, other then the camping, which ain't really that bad.

Um btw yoshis.
Gimme all your tips about how to take on MK's. ;~; Any tip will help. The tourneys coming up and I expect a few of em. No one I know plays a good MK either so im kinda bone dry on experience. If worst comes to worst I can go to snake, but I really wanna win this as yoshi if I can. Rep dat low tier~! :D

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Um btw yoshis.
Gimme all your tips about how to take on MK's. ;~; Any tip will help. The tourneys coming up and I expect a few of em. No one I know plays a good MK either so im kinda bone dry on experience. If worst comes to worst I can go to snake, but I really wanna win this as yoshi if I can. Rep dat low tier~! :D
Whenever they glide towards you, charge a f-smash. They'll glide into it.

Every.
Single.
Time.

But seriously, play safe and don't do anything too reckless.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hard namesearch.

I hate playing Polt. He doesn't die.

One thing I need to mention is that Marth CANNOT just spam Dancing Blade. Sacred Spotdodge (yes, yoshis) beats it half the time. You could spam it multiple times or use jab/dsmash after one. I can't count how many times Polt/Slush has done this to me, and it is super frustrating.

We can spam Dancing Blade on other spot dodges though since they have more than 2 frames of lag x)

And I believe it's +2 for Marth.

SKidd

Smash Master
Sooooooo......

Apparently Mario beats you guys - I this it's about even.

What do you guys think?

Depster

Smash Champion
Played my last high school basketball game tonight. We lost by 6 in the first round of sub-state. If we would have won, we would have kept going. Final score was 58-52, which is amazing considering it was the 7 vs 2 seed (us being 7) and that their team was huge (I'm 6'4" but really skinny, but they had two 6'4" guys who had probably around 30 and 60 pounds on me). We played pretty awesome and almost won. We we ahead or tied up until the last 30 seconds or so. I'm satisfied with that being our last game, though. We weren't going to get much farther, and it was an extremely close game in which I played a very important role. I didn't score at all, and I only had a few rebounds, but my post defense and boxing out of the larger guys gave us the edge. I kept their biggest advantage, size, from becoming too much of an issue. It's just too bad that I only played a few minutes in the first half... I played all but 2 in the second though. But yeah, I'm pretty down now... I'm probably done with basketball as I know it. I doubt I'll be able to play college ball, and intramurals aren't going to be nearly the same feeling...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I second Mario, I sometimes use him to fight lucario cuz it's not as bad. :awesome:

That is probably the only time I would think about not using yoshi, and even then I would probably stick with him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im already a part of that group and have been since the second week or so after it was created :awesome:

bigman40

Smash Master
My team (if I ever practice) is like a mix with these five people:

Point: Felicia/Zero
Secondary: Wesker/Dante/Ryu
Third: Ammy

I plan on learning Dante last since he's too OU atm. Ammy fits as third since she has the most flexibility on my team, and I feel as if Felicia and Zero are good as point characters, but bad since that's giving me a fairly low HP team.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Honestly i think while yoshi is kind of bad, you do underrate yoshi and kind of bash yoshis who are more experienced and skilled than you (polt and delta). Its ok to like disagree and argue and you could be right but ur a little harsh considering you dont beat anyone good

hihi :3 I didn't bash anyone in my Post about Marth, I just say that dash attack to punish landings should be somehow slow and it's really the players fault if they get hit by it. You shouldn't do buffered aerials if you opponent isn't in range anyway ._.

and yeay there is a tournament in 1 1/2 weeks :3 with live stream and stuff (probably!), I'll try to post the link here then so you can watch german/european smash live! :D

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I have several teams.

Zero (B) / Iron Man (Y) / Super-Skrull (B)

This team isn't really assist based, as my assists are used mainly for combos. I use Iron Man's Smart Bomb assist since it OTGs to extend Zero's combos after a standard Bread'N'Butter. I use Skrull's Orbital Grudge assist after a standard Zero BnB to Zero's Dive Attack to OTG into the assist to extend the combo. Skrull's assist can be used for cross-up so I have to be creative with Zero's movement.

This team is meant to build meter for Iron Man. Skrull can handle his own usually and Zero's assists helps him out. Main drawback is that Zero low health and low damage output.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dante (Y) / C.Viper (Y) / Iron Man (a)

This is the team I plan on playing mainly, but is a bit more technically demanding at the moment. Aside from Dante, who's technical himself, the other two depend alot on tri-jumping to get in with assists. However, this team has great assists for the points to get in. Dante's Weasel Shot assist and Iron Man's Unibeam assist help Viper and Dante repsectively get it, and Viper's Burning Kick allows for unblockable setups.

If Viper and Iron Man technicality prove to be too demanding, Dante's ability to combo without much dexterity (his basic stuff LOL) helps reset the match in your favor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Zero (B) / Iron Man (Y) / Chris (B)

Essentially the same exact team as the first, except fills the long range gap in the team. Chris' Gun Fire assist can also be used to extend Zero combos the same way Skrull's B assist does.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Point: Felicia/Zero
Secondary: Wesker/Dante/Ryu
Third: Ammy

This is scary. Not only do I also have Ammy and Felicia on my team (well, from what I've played; don't own the game yet), but Espy does as well. Why do so many people have them both on their teams? ._.

Top Bottom