• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Uhhh brawl+ is only sub par because it is so easy.
I have fun with it, but like combos should not be that easy, it takes away the fun of the technical skillz in melee.

Brawl is hit for hit, and is not an easy game, though admittedly easier technically than most fighters.

D

Deleted member

Meh

If anyone has ANY problems with the way i act on these boards (cuz i dont act like this in real life) please let me know. I do troll quite a bit because it entertains me, but also because i need to keep a few of your egos in check (not saying any names, you probably know). Its not my responsibility and i dont care if it bugs you, because i don't like people WHO ARENT GOOD AT ALL to boast like they are good.
But anyways, id prefer you say it TO ME instead of IMing people.
Finally, if you think im trying to enforce some new way to play yoshi im not. I couldnt care less.
I just want there to be some high level yoshi players besides me (and to be honest, i can name like 3 who i think could potentially be high level yoshi players, that isnt very many).

Im done posting very much, ill just like post tourny results and vids, you guys can do whatever you want.

D

Deleted member

Just one person and it wasnt big.
Id just prefer if people told it to my face, whining to someone else doesnt change anything, on the internet or in life.

Airborne

Smash Lord
If anyone has ANY problems with the way i act on these boards (cuz i dont act like this in real life) please let me know. I do troll quite a bit because it entertains me, but also because i need to keep a few of your egos in check (not saying any names, you probably know). Its not my responsibility and i dont care if it bugs you, because i don't like people WHO ARENT GOOD AT ALL to boast like they are good.
But anyways, id prefer you say it TO ME instead of IMing people.
Finally, if you think im trying to enforce some new way to play yoshi im not. I couldnt care less.
I just want there to be some high level yoshi players besides me (and to be honest, i can name like 3 who i think could potentially be high level yoshi players, that isnt very many).

Im done posting very much, ill just like post tourny results and vids, you guys can do whatever you want.
Sup.

Who's saying their good here, without viable proof? To prove you're good, you have to have legitimate tournament results and have beaten respected players, no? Ok, so we have like 3-4 of those. The rest of us are just in discussion, and half of that group of us are praying that there's a month that we can attend at least one tournament to improve off of.

If you want to have high level yoshi players, contribute something worthwhile. Contribute something that people can work with, not something like "LOL SONIC IS A HARD MU :B", because that doesn't give any good reason why he's hard for us. And, also saying that a MU this rated difficulty to a newer player that is trying to improve is just going to make them more narrow-minded towards the MU itself, and cause more frustration to the player during the match.

Posting occasionally isn't helping anything. If you want to counter this person, be it me or someone else, then prove them wrong by actually contributing in an open environment, rather than trying to sit on the end of a round table.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Sup Nogan.
But uh.
Can we not discuss pron?
I guess we can thank Doronjo for this heh.

Depster, they're out to get you.

And... why not just post it now MX?
^ Because I was in a hurry to go somewhere and I just so happened to be on Smashboards before I left.

360 Double Jump Egg Lay: <----Until I come up with a better name for it.
1.) You do your standard jump.
2.)Do your double jump in the opposite direction.
3.) Before you get too high in the air, swing your control stick to the opposite direction that you're facing when you did your double jump and perform the Egg Lay.

Basically, you're doing the Double Jump Egg Lay while moving backwards WHILE still facing the direction you were facing from when you were standing still. This is an incredibly useful technique for spacing aside from using the Egg Toss, Pivot Grab, and whatever else our spacing options might be.

If anyone wants me to demonstrate this I'll send one of you a replay cause' I don't have any equipment to upload videos yet.

Any objections? :D

MX778

Smash Journeyman
It's not quite as hard as say...The Dragonic Reverse.
But, it's still pretty hard if you don't have the timing down right. 8/

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I see, it's a pivoted DJcanceled egg lay, except you do a B reversal instead of a standard B after you DJ.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
That's actually a pretty big staple in my mind-game repertoire. 8)

The DJC Egg-Lay... not having big hands and feet (which I do, btw--size 15 shoes, DEAL WITH IT).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WHY ARE YOU VIKINGS NEW ENGLANDERS SO AWKWARDLY LARGE

It's like you people don't have anything better to do except be cold, eat chowder, and grow!

D

Deleted member

Sup.

Who's saying their good here, without viable proof? To prove you're good, you have to have legitimate tournament results and have beaten respected players, no? Ok, so we have like 3-4 of those. The rest of us are just in discussion, and half of that group of us are praying that there's a month that we can attend at least one tournament to improve off of.

If you want to have high level yoshi players, contribute something worthwhile. Contribute something that people can work with, not something like "LOL SONIC IS A HARD MU :B", because that doesn't give any good reason why he's hard for us. And, also saying that a MU this rated difficulty to a newer player that is trying to improve is just going to make them more narrow-minded towards the MU itself, and cause more frustration to the player during the match.

Posting occasionally isn't helping anything. If you want to counter this person, be it me or someone else, then prove them wrong by actually contributing in an open environment, rather than trying to sit on the end of a round table.
Fair enough lolz, but why cant i randomly say that sonic is a hard matchup. I dont know why hes hard, X just ***** me really badly and i dont know why. It was just a random discussion that popped up lol.

Like i said, i dont mind if u think im doing something that u think isnt so productive, just tell me, like ur doing now. Thank you air, no hard feelings :)

And quite a few people say they are good, and many more indirectly think so. But i dont care what you think, if someone can prove it good for them that makes me happy.
Stocky, am I one of those people you talking about, about keeping egos in check?
No you arent lol i <3 dtorr.
ROFLLLLL @ sockz wtf happened to him

getting butthurt over the yoshi boards lmaooo
Im not butthurt lolz.
I dont even care, but why waste my time if people talk behind my back, might as well say it cuz i dont have bad intentions and i appreciate criticism.

Wtf im not 14 xD

Edit: Im done with this

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: -dead- @ not knowing simple culture nomenclature.

Life must be good on that side of the country.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
It's so god**** windy here that I'm ACTUALLY concerned my windows are going to shatter.

I can hear them crackling in their panes. It's crazy town, USA.

Top Bottom