• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi a bottom tier?

yoshifannumba1

Smash Rookie
No....im sorry, yoshi is not bottom tier. Hes at least a medium, or a top tier. Just because yoshi sucked in melee, does not mean he should suffer in brawl. Sakurai, has indefinetly made him twice as better.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately he has some tough competition...
i agree though he deserves better and i think its possible w/ his developing metagame

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Wtf this is a stupid pointless thread

We all know yoshi should be low and nothing more (at least for the time being)

These threads are kind of annoying when they pop up every few days and a lot of threads on the yoshi forum need to be locked.

also plz lock this thread

Chaco

Never Logs In
You can be a yoshi fan boy but you need to be a Yoshi rep.

D

Deleted member

These threads are kind of annoying when they pop up every few days and a lot of threads on the yoshi forum need to be locked.

Ur just jealous ur not a yoshi fan numba 1.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice

Ur just jealous ur not a yoshi fan numba 1.
Its true he must be

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
Besides this being useless...........

Despite the fact that this thread will NOT change the opinion of most people, I still think yoshi being low tier is a bit underrating, but saying he's even high tier is over rating yoshi too.
There ARE better characters, but there ARE worse characters too, in the end I think he whould be mid rate. (Not that I care about rating anyway, tiers just seem stupid to me)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Currently, the only thing holding Yoshi down in the tier lists are his tournament outings. I'd say he is the definition of a mid-tier character, but right now his tournament results aren't backing up what we all know. Even Falcon is getting better results.

And of course, we all know the paradox of bad results = bad placement = no one plays him = more bad results, etc, so don't expect this cycle to break very quickly.

Of course, a tier ranking is an arbitrary label. It means nothing. So what if people say he sucks? All the more reason to surprise the heck out of everyone with him. I still can't help but laugh at pathetic efforts of people that think Yoshi is easy to just anyone to gimp.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, yoshi is getting the tourney result stick. Zelda also has terrible results even though most say she's really good. But recently I saw the "strength tier list" and yoshi is one of the few character without a kill move before 100% (of course spiking and edgeguarding which is how I get most of my kills wasn't included in that) but was still a little disappointing to me for some reason. But yeah saying yoshi is a top tier is pretty ridic maybe one day mid tier.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Tiers are for qu--er, Sonic players.

And Yoshi did not suck in Melee, sheesh! :O

LOL

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
Just for curiosity..

......if someone actually gets standard solid golds with yoshi, by that I mean at least 7-8 tournaments, would it be enough to make yoshi mid tier? Would it change the view of most people about yoshi?

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Why the hell would you come over here and bump this thread, just let it die, you aren't even a yoshi player >_>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yoshi can't be bottom tier, since there's no bottom tier at all...

...satisfied, Yoshi players?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yoshi can't be bottom tier, since there's no bottom tier at all...

...satisfied, Yoshi players?
<.<

Honestly, the Yoshi tier placement this is annoying.

TR4Q, and as a matter of fact TW are to. Move along, tiers mean nothing. Just SBR members make the list, so all of the Smash Community will tear each other apart and then devour infants until their character is placed in it's so called "earned" spot. Get over tiers.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
As with Melee, match-ups are a lot more important than tiers. I wouldn't rule tiers out, but knowing who counters your character is FAR more important than his (generally arbitrary) standing overall.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Tiers mean a lot. Tier lists however don't mean that much
Tiers are a characters basic standing in the game, therefore lists aren't important things to ***** about. But I meant tier lists in my rant.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Yoshi has no chance of being a top tier character. His shield game just sucks too hard for that. I think he's bottom of mid, top of low.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi Is by no means TERRIBLE, but he's quite a long ways from GREAT.

the problem with yoshi is 4 things
1. lack of amazing players (lets be honest im sure we're all good and decent, but none of us are out placing first in tournaments which im sure IS possible with yoshi)

2. Whatever yoshi has theres another BETTER character that has the same thing yoshi does but well.......even better :/
Power? Donkey kong
Air priority and air speed? Wario
Combos? metaknight

3. Yoshi's shield game, lets be honest yoshi's shield while STRONG, doesn't make up for the fact that he can't jump out of it, if yoshi has to shield your flow is broken and then you're put on the defensive, and yoshi as a defensive character is terrible :(.

4. Lack of good matchups against higher mid/high tier characters. so many high tier and upper mid characters give yoshi trouble wolf, falco, pikachu, R.O.B, D3, SNAKE!!!! I STAB AT THEE!!!!, diddy kong, its tough to compete with that. not saying it's impossible to win if anything yoshi needs to wait and be patient so he can punish in these matchups. but its hard and this hurts how he places in tiers.

personally i find yoshi's saving grace though is his surprisingly decent matchups with some of the upper/top characters.
Olimar is a good matchup
Metaknight, i know is bad, but i cant tell you how many people come up to me telling me hoe envious they are of yoshis grab release on meta.
Wario doesn't fair too well either
not to mention yoshi doesn't have much of a problem with most low tier characters (except for link which i PERSONALLY don't consider a bad matchup but thats for another time)

Looking at these though I wouldn't put yoshi ANYWHERE above Mid-Mid. yoshi is a very balanced character, has cool tricks, a decent everything (except shield ><) good matchups vs low, and a few good matchups against higher characters, but thats just me

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yoshi actually does good against Falco, Pikachu, Dedede, Diddy, and Snake actually

Why does my Sig keep disappearing?

Top Bottom