• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Egg Roll Momentum Cancel

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
I'm not sure if anyone has talked about or discovered this before, but I couldn't find anything like it. Yoshi's Egg Roll can be used to cancel his momentum when hit off stage. It works like Villager's Lloid rocket in that it stops your momentum before you hit the blast zone. I only tested Captain Falcon's down smash, but I was able to survive 8% longer when egg roll was used. I tested using no DI and having specials set to C-Stick so that no accidental DI was present.

Here is a short video I made about it: https://youtu.be/C-q7z0Kf8v8

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
This was known in brawl but at the time around 8 or so months back, many different people tested it and got either similar results, inconclusive, or not consistent. We mostly confirmed that momentum canceling with Side-b shouldn't work anymore I believe since Momentum worked differently in this game in terms of attempts to cancel it.

Only thing I remembered is that Yoheking I think made a vid and explained that it had to basically be Side-B towards blastzone and you can only live like 1% longer maybe if you're lucky.

Also that first example Yoshi seemed like he floated into the blastzone after momentum from the Dsmash already ended.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Found out that the eggroll stops momentum and pushes Yoshi back if you reverse it making not only his hitbox smaller but making it go back a few units on frame 1. Also theres something I need to test. There may be a way to live longer by DI up instead of DI into the stage.

Top Bottom