• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

Yikarur

Smash Master
What is your favorite yoshi main to watch?
Scatz

Your thoughts on Zudenka's yoshi?
He's very tricky and his movement is awesome but It often feels like when watching him that he is playing on auto-pilot.

Why cyan?
I played green the first 5 month of brawl but I decided that I need a personal color to identify myself and cyan was just beautiful.

Thoughts on learning the English language?
englis his the easiest language to learn, I'm happy english not french got the world language (german would be the best though xP)

Most underrated yoshi tech?
DR seems to be very underrated because almost nobody really wants to sit down and learn it :(

What woud you change to make yoshi tournament viable?
Simple: jump OoS and faster shield drop (last thing not necessary but would be a nice bonus)

Favorite smash game?
Brawl > SSB64 = Melee

Thoughts on the German smash scene?
I only tell about the offline scene because the online scene is ********.
I like in region with the most Brawl players in germany (lucky <3)
we have almost no MKs (one who is first in PR) and almost hundreds of Snakes :p (about 6-7 at least)
And we have a lot of awesome mid-low tier mains who does really good at tournaments =D
but we're overall worse than other countries because a lot of people don't really want to become better :(

Why is German such an awesome language?
Ist sie? Die meisten Ausländer sagen sie finden deutsch furchtbar.

What does it feel like when people call you Yik instead of Yika?
first it was a bit strange but I after a while it was okay, I just accepted that it's probably easier to say Yik for native english speakers.

What Yoshi related items do you have in your room?
Cyan Yoshi Plush and Cyan Yoshi Slippers + Cyan, Yellow and Pink Yoshi Figure. I got a keychain years ago but that got stolen :(

Favorite move?
I answer here for moves overall: that would be probably Diddys SideB and/or NeutralB because Diddy has unlimited options out of these, it's unbelivable.

Whats you're favorite move(Yoshi's)
Jab, Egglay and Egg Toss in Teams.

Favorite Stage?
Designwise Delfino, Playwise SV, platform canceling <3 (I'm european you know)

Why is it that you always forget my name on skype?
who are you again? :D

What do you think The Blood God smells like?
he stinks because he doesn't shower ;D

Who would win in a Boxing Match? Jile or Shiri?
Shiri

If you could make one character that isn't MK disappear from the roster who would it be?
I wouldn't even choose MK lol I don't even have to think about that question:
Snake. (not because he is hard to play or something like that I don't like him as character)

Did you really only vote for yourself because we "made you?" Or did you really want it all along?
I love answering questions so I just thought it would be nice :p I wouldn't vote for myself by myself though.

Favorite AT?
platform cancel, DR and everything Yoshi gets with DR Physics.

When will I get the pleasure to **** you?
you're free <3

I heard you've made quite some experience in the Ike match-up. What can you tell us about it?
It's a hard experience to have 20% and your opponent 160% 11 seconds on the timer and you get stupidly spiked. <.<

Why the hell did you lose to @lly's Falcon @ Bushido?
I sd'd the first match at about 20% because my jump got interrupted unnoticed, it was even in the end but I lost though,
the last match was close but I made stupid mistakes
and he punished them godly.

Will you come to austria some day for a tournament so we can prove once and for all that Slice >>> you?
I will come do disprove it <3 (I hope I'll get to austria someday but it's really expensive to get there and no car :( )

How good is egg lay?
too good, Aerial Grab ftw
-
How good is egg roll?
it actually sucks as hell but I've never got punished almost ever for accidently doing it

How good is down-b?
it's an awesome kill move against people that don't know how to a DI it. (the difference between DI't downB and non-di't downB is like 30-40% lol)
and against chars with a sucky fast fall.

How do you fight wolf?
this is the match-up I played most, ever and I think I almost never won. (against Semifer, my former main training mate)
He knows the match-up perfectly and knows how to use Yoshis weaknesses and the match-up is even bad without the opponent knowing your weaknesses.
but one tip: nair into his sideB while he is recovering is awesome and kills opponents that can't DI.

Why does Polt hate Yoshi dittoes? they're fun as you say Yika.
it is unbelievable strange to play against Yoshi, I know how he feel and I felt like him a long time but I somehow never lost in Yoshi ditos and it got better
with the time, probably he just have to play them more ;D

Your thoughts on Yoshi Vs Pit.
Pit is one of the least played characters in germany (online players excluded) but I don't really like the match-up because it feels like I do everything
wrong in the match-up that you can do wrong but I don't play it often enough to improve it D:

Aside from usual colors what other texture color do you like ( orange Purple Brown White etc.)
White, I love the white Yoshi, it's sooooo cute, his voice in Yoshis Story, I love it!

What are your thoughts on Yoshi vs Fawx.
imo it negates one of Yoshis best advantages (being long living)
I switch to Sheik after losing mostly D:

What are your thoughts on Yoshi vs Loocas.
I don't play the match-up often. I usually end-up winning somehow because the other lucas [is significant worse than me.

Cyan Yoshi da bess?
of course! but it got to popular, when I choose playing cyan no one except Auro played cyan and now x__x...

Is delta a fisherman?
he is the fished one.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Will you come to austria some day for a tournament so we can prove once and for all that Slice >>> you?
I will come do disprove it <3 (I hope I'll get to austria someday but it's really expensive to get there and no car :( )
Jetzt mal ganz ehrlich: auch wenn wir ab und zu mal Meinungsverschiedenheiten haben (was ja auch dazugehört), würd ich mich dennoch freuen dich endlich mal kennenzulernen ^^.
Du bist der einzig aktive Yoshi bei "uns", und allwissend bezüglich game-specs.
Und außerdem warst du eienr der ersten mit denen ich in der Comm zu tun hatte: thx again :D

Und vergiss eins nicht: ich geb mir immernoch Mühe mit Gabriel, Magnus und Co. nach DE zu kommen und: Ich hab n Auto, das wird schon noch! xD

Und lol @ wer is der bessere, solln wir n Yoshi Ditto machn oder was?! xD
Wir rapen einfach beide würd ich mal sagn ;D

So, das wollt ich endlich mal gesagt haben ^^

in english: me is goin to vizit zhe german country sometime!, srzly!

edit: what do you think about wavebounces/b-sticking? (yoshi only)

edit2: lol, das war eh Gheb xD

Airborne

Smash Lord
Ok, Yikarur's interview is now officially over. I hope y'all got ask yo' questions, so if not, sucks for you!

We will now start voting for round.... 10?

FEBHJERWBGUFIRWEGFBWFEBWE

BIGG NHUMBUR GAIZ!!!! LOLOL WII SHOOD LIEK HAEV AN ANNAVERSUHREE PRATY FOR TISH.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I vote Airborne because I want everyone to be tied because he's been managing this thread and hasn't been interviewed yet.

:069:

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
He's going to compress all the questions and answers into one single posting, just to keep his counter low lol
Pretty good idea, though that wouldn't allow for the answering of the plentiful follow-up questions that would surely arise from the great interest in my fascinating life. Well, I could just edit them into the post.

I vote for indigestible_wad.

Airborne

Smash Lord
still fingerpass =)
I vote for Slice
Stockysox +1
+1 for MX
Silent Beast
I vote D-Torr
I vote for Zudenka.
I vote Airborne

:069:
I'll vote... burntsocks.

:320:
+1 for Stocky.
I vote for indigestible_wad.
I will vote for Slice as well. <3 Hard to pick b/t Slice and Fingerp@ss though.

Alright, so far we have:

Fingerp@ss- 1
Slice- 3
Burntsocks- 3
MX- 0
Silent Beast- 1
D-Torr- 1
Zudenka- 1
Airborne aka Derp- 1
Lil Beezy the SOVAman- 1
Indigestible Wad- 1

Looks like Stocky once again has taken a lead, with Slice trailing right behind him. I expect someone stealing the lead in the near future, knowing the motives of people these days. XD

Edit: Sharky changed his vote to Slice. Slice and Stocky now tied.

D

Deleted member

+1 for burntsocks
COMEON GUYS WE ARE SO CLOSE

If i cant vote for myself...i vote for Avatar Yang

Airborne

Smash Lord
I will vote for Slice as well. <3 Hard to pick b/t Slice and Fingerp@ss though.

Alright, so far we have:

Fingerp@ss- 1
Slice- 3
Burntsocks- 3
MX- 0
Silent Beast- 1
D-Torr- 1
Zudenka- 1
Airborne aka Derp- 1
Lil Beezy the SOVAman- 1
Indigestible Wad- 1

Looks like Stocky once again has taken a lead, with Slice trailing right behind him. I expect someone stealing the lead in the near future, knowing the motives of people these days. XD

Edit: Sharky changed his vote to Slice. Slice and Stocky now tied.

+1 for burntsocks
I change my vote from Zudenka to
STOCKY!!!!!!
I vote for stocky
I think David would be a fine candidate.
+1 for Davidlazer.
I vote for David He'd make for an epic interview.
edit: davidlazer does indeed seem to be a find specimen for interviewing, I shall change my vote.
I'm new here but davidlazer's a cool name, I'll vote for him. :)
I think we need to hear from.... burntsocks!
I'mma vote for davidlazer. Lurkin' time.
Votin' for Slice.
Fingerp@ss- 1
Slice- 3
Burntsocks- 3
MX- 0
Silent Beast- 1
D-Torr- 1
Zudenka- 1
Airborne aka Derp- 1
Lil Beezy the SOVAman- 1
Indigestible Wad- 1
---------------------------------------------
Burntsocks +4
Davidlazer +6
Zudenka -1
Slice -1 +1 = derp
---------------------------------------------
New Standings:

Fingerp@ss- 1
Slice- 3
Burntsocks- 7
MX- 0
Silent Beast- 1
D-Torr- 1
Zudenka- 0
Airborne aka Derp- 1
Lil Beezy the SOVAman- 1
Indigestible Wad- 1
Davidlazer- 6

Looks like Stocky is still in the lead, as David slams Slice out of his 2nd place spot. Voting ends on the 24th guys, so cast your ballot in before the deadline!

Top Bottom