• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi is low-% combo resistant?

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
So I was practicing my advanced G&W throw combos on the cast when I picked Yoshi, and it seems like he is the least comboable of the entire cast. So much so that I almost think he has some kind of hitlag reduction.

Something as simple as downthrow to utilt isn't guaranteed until 19%!? There are other characters who don't get dthrow-utilted for a bit, But that's generally because they are extreme fast fallers. Yoshi doesn't have that distinction. Also, nair isn't guaranteed until 29%, which is similarly odd.

However, he becomes normally comboable at high percents. Actually, the numbers for toot toot are pretty good. It true kill confirms on FD from 94% to 101%(103% w/o rage).

So what property of Yoshi's makes him hard to combo at low percents? G&W has literally nothing true on Yosh out of dthrow at 0. The only thing he can do out of grab at very low percents is upthow-Fire...

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
So I was practicing my advanced G&W throw combos on the cast when I picked Yoshi, and it seems liie he is the least comboable of the entire cast. So much so that I almost think he has some kind of hitlag reduction.

Something as simple as downthrow to utilt isn't guaranteed until 19%!? There are other characters who don't get dthrow-utilted for a bit, But that's generally because they are extreme fast fallers. Yoshi doesn't have that distinction. Also, nair isn't guaranteed until 29%, which is similarly odd.

However, he becomes normally comboable at high percents. Actually, the numbers for toot toot are pretty good. It true kill confirms on FD from 94% to 101%(103% w/o rage).

So what property of Yoshi's makes him hard to combo at low percents? G&W has literally nothing true on Yosh out of dthrow at 0. The only thing he can do out of grab at very low percents is upthow-Fire...
It most likely has something to do with his vectoring and DI. Hes floaty fast and heavy. Not to mention he has a frame 1 double jump that can jump out of most jabs and somehow even jumping out of luigis dash attack.

Something I really don't know is he seems to actually cancel some auto links. I don't know how many times Ive nair'd up aird out of greninjas 2 hit up smash before hit 2. I also jumped out of a well spaced fair from fox and robs up air.

Top Bottom