• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Luigisama

Smash Champion
How'd all the Yoshis do at Apex?
all of them drowned in pools because they melted into paint, but out emerged a still determined Poltergust as he gets out of his pools loses to Zex(mk) 1-2 in bracket, but manages to take a win off GDX and goes on to lose to Coney. Such a brave bloshi. 33th da bess

You can ask the other yoshi's how they did. I just dramatized it. :3

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
There was a doubles match that I watched and he wasn't playing Yoshi. But I'm not sure about singles.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I like how my brother tryies to tell me Yoshi is trash, and Polt and Delta are the only good yoshis.

From the look of this thread EVERY YOSHI(myself excluded) places fairly well in nearly every tourney.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dude, my Yoshi sucks. I have huge glaring weaknesses, make a lot of mistakes, and lack TONS of MU experience. I cant for the life of me react to fast characters (Sonic, Sheik, Falcon, etc) cuz my reaction time is bad, under pressure my spacing sucks BAD against characters with stupid range (Snake, Dedede, Olimar, etc), and I have a hard time adjusting to people quickly. Id say the only redeeming factors I have are the fact that Im good at making reads when it comes to tech chasing, predicting rolls, etc, and the fact that Im usually pretty unpredictable (even I dont always know what Im going to do next lol).

But yeah, basically what Im saying is im not actually that good, and tbh my state really isnt that good either. Overall, Id say im prob slightly above the average player in skill, but in a state where our best arent as good as the actual best that makes me seem like Im actually good when really im not lol.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'm da bess *brags*

There just aren't any tournaments remotely close to me, so I only go to one every like... 2 months =b

D

Deleted member

Sup gaiz.
So im playing in WGF this weekend. First day was today.

I am in winners bracket round 4 i think. I had a good win as well, beating vatobreak's diddy (who is ranked 8 in southern california) in a really close game 3.
For some reason im playing better than ever (after i got rid of a bit of rustiness cuz i dont have a controller). I think i can go really far, cuz MK is banned.

I think me vs vato was recorded, not sure tho.
And i beat a good wolf in a MM :D i think i got the matchup a bit.

Hopefully i can continue doing well and get top 10. EC/TX yoshis aint the only ones who can do work (well, mostly, im still badish).
This is my first offline playing in a year btw :p

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'm da bess *brags*

There just aren't any tournaments remotely close to me, so I only go to one every like... 2 months =b
We're in the same position. Only difference is that I go to a number of tourneys when I'm home, then never go while I'm at college. Plus, I think that I get better quality practice than you do cause GA is improving really fast. Our top 5 is extremely solid now.

Also, I'm da bess
at failing to be da bess

Only went 1 game Falco, rest is Yoshi (not counting pool matches).

Smiths Station Smash 1
9th out of 30
1/15/2011
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317039

Only things somewhat notable is that I took Reflex to game 3 (and almost won), Micaelis stomped me and I have horrible luck in brawl, and I took Elev8 (ICs/D3) to game 3, but was stupid and killed popo. All are recorded, so I'll upload them whenever I get the chance. If I wasn't stupid and had better luck in brawl, I'd win vs Reflex and Elev8. I'll just beat them next time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Our Top 5 or so are pretty good (X, Lada, etc) but outside of them not really. And the fact that all our top players use random *** characters (Sonic, ROB, Sheik, etc) means I dont get much good Top Tier experience which kinda sucks in big nationals where you're usually lucky if just an eighth of the top 64 arent Top/High Tier characters.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I live in Texas.

Our Top 23 are more stacked than your Top 5...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226443

Too bad most of them are retired so they don't matter. Not only that, but I don't care about your top 10-15 cause you aren't included (or in contest) with them. They're good cause they have more people than us to get more experience. Yet, our top 5 (and me [unranked]) is getting better really fast. The only ones that matter to me are your top players (razer, gnes, and trela) and possibly denti since we don't have any Olimars here.

Hi guys if you namesearch :)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
And Polt...

They're all actually mad good, and getting better off eachother.

We've tried telling them to move retired people to another collapse or something.

Again. I suck at this game tho.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sup gaiz.
So im playing in WGF this weekend. First day was today.

I am in winners bracket round 4 i think. I had a good win as well, beating vatobreak's diddy (who is ranked 8 in southern california) in a really close game 3.
For some reason im playing better than ever (after i got rid of a bit of rustiness cuz i dont have a controller). I think i can go really far, cuz MK is banned.

I think me vs vato was recorded, not sure tho.
And i beat a good wolf in a MM :D i think i got the matchup a bit.

Hopefully i can continue doing well and get top 10. EC/TX yoshis aint the only ones who can do work (well, mostly, im still badish).
This is my first offline playing in a year btw :p
Good **** Stocky. Beat MikeHAZE and you can have my spot on the top 5 list. =P

:005:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Did you look at my PR?

Dat Razer/Gnes/Trela/Denti/Espy/K prime/Polt/FK/Pwii/Smoom/
zigsta
/Illmatic/Xyro/Dphat of non-retired people off the top of my head in our state alone.

And all those retired people.
Most of them still play the game.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Not to mention that every Hobo where OoS players have showed up, Razer and Gnes still get top 2. Lee Martin told me when he came to our random Arkansas tourney that he is 0 - 10 against Gnes in tourney. =b

D

Deleted member

Got 5th at winter games fest. :D
Only lost to tearbear and havok, game 3 for both.

Can i have slush's spot on top 5 yoshis >.>

Btw delta, i MMed rich brown, game 1 he was at 80 i was at 0 last stock and then he 0-deathed me xD Very winnable imo, hes just a super smart player, but yoshi has the mobility and options to deal with everything oli has. I lost to tearbears oli game 3 as well, i went for a dumb thing on castle siege and got bthrowed and died really low, but it was still kinda close :p

A lot of stuff was recorded, ill ask aisight to upload some. I played really bad against havok game 3 but besides that i think i played solid (against dsf i was a bit sloppy as well but i managed to win a close game 3 anyways).

Also, for the first time, someone counterpicked my yoshi with ganon >.>

D

Deleted member

yea maybe later haha. dont care too much, bad list is bad.
rofl @ choosing whos results are better between polt and delta.

Delta, what do u do vs snake when they like walk up and spotdodge :/
So tough

D

Deleted member

Yep.
Won 1 game as G&W vs tearbear but lost the set so irrelevant.
I wasnt in the mood to get ***** by ROB xD Im no good at the Matchup.

I won all my matches with yoshi though.

D

Deleted member

All that weefee finally payed off, eh?

>.>
I barely even play weefee xD i dont have a controller atm so i havent played in like 3 weeks. and i dont rly use yoshi at all when i weefee unless its someone really good who i want to get practice against.
I used to play offline like every weekend but then i quit for tennis/life.

Top Bottom