• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Phoenix Brawl 7
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321784
(04/28/12)
7th of 33

I went into this tournament with the attitude that I was gonna just play whoever I felt like playing at the time, and though I only used Yoshi for 2 of my 7 pools matches, I wound up going pretty much solo Yoshi in bracket. Sadly, the only set I got saved was the one I lost in loser's bracket against the guy I play with almost every weekend. >.> A shame too, because I had a really fun set with Felix that I really wish had been saved. =[

Ah well, time to go into my forced 4-month hiatus...

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, it was definitely one of my favorite tournaments to date. The only loss I'm kinda salty about is the one I took to the guy I play on a weekly basis, but he made up for it by doing serious work in his next two sets. Doubles was fun too, and we did a lot better than I thought we would do. This was my first time teaming with my static partner with MK banned (he's typically an MK main), but his Diddy has somehow gotten really good, and we had some great sets. I did a bunch of really fun MMs too, and having the tournament run smoothly is always really satisfying. ^.^

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm moving back to Nova Scotia for the Summer, where there is no Smash community. The only tournaments I'll be able to go to require me to buy plane tickets, aside from one tournament in Halifax at the end of August.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If you're still trying to say you're worse against Snake than I am, you're silly, because that means you would've drowned in my pool at Apex. And that's just silly. :embarrass: Good stuff against M2K though. I'd like to see that (or any of your matches) but I'm just gonna assume none of them got saved because it always seems to end up that way. =[

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Nothing got saved.

Match 3 against Mekos was really unfortunate. He combo'd me until like, 95%, then SD'd. And Lucas really struggles when we have a stock lead. I ended up living till above 200%.

I did well against M2K. 0-2, but last stock both games. Ended up getting timed out game 2 because I CP'd PS1, lol. Shoulda gone with Lylat.

D

Deleted member

Jeez nice stuff Raptor and delta. Impressive shiz.
How do you keep beating ROB delta, i dont understand.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Tournaments Included In Update.
Phoenix Brawl 7
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321784
(04/28/12)
7th out of 33
Firefly

Collision III
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322393
9th out of 25
(05/12/12)
Delta

Smash it Up!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322683
4th out of 16
(05/19/12)
Raptor

Uprise of LI #9
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322879
9th out of 29
(05/26/12)
Raptor

Possibly, as I typed, a slight dead month due to finals and such?
Also, might start lowering the amount needed just for a shiny colorful name, due to tournaments/Brawl not being as big as they use to be... For example the last HOBO 38 with a $1000 pot bonus barely hit 30 people.... Including Con players

So yeah... If I do this, I'll probably throw results from 08 and 09 somewhere while 2010-201? will just continue getting updated. Since during updates I still sometimes edit a thing or two from the old days like removing some stuph or anything along the lines of the tournament results thread being gone or something.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sandy Nickelcade Lock-In
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14582549&postcount=25001
(06/16/12)
4th out of 9
Z'zgashi

The bracket isnt up in the results yet, but it will be edited in later tonight, its just that I have ANOTHER tournament im going to in like, 3 hours so yeah lol. Also, I used a bit of Bowser and Mario, but I went 66-75% Yoshi and got most of my big wins with him.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah I'm gonna have to make a complete uhaul of this thread, game is dying and maybe I'll just get rid of rules like not accepting tournaments with less than 13 people and possibly getting rid of tournaments since March of 2010 (2 years).

What other ideas do people have that you'd like to see in this not-so-important thread?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
As far as getting rid of old results goes, I only recommend getting rid of old local results (smaller tournaments). Leave notable regional/national results up there since they matter more.

Tournament size rules really should vary based on region. I know for a fact that any tournament I attend will have at least 20 people there, but other regions aren't really so lucky.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Oh okay cool, well Lux/ Iridescent is having starting to host some more so, I don't know how far Wichita is from Lawrence but we usually have a tournament every 2 weeks and I know there is a bigger tourney on the 13th.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For me... It kinda depends. We sometimes have as little as 8, and sometimes there are like, 40, and it really just depends. Our really big ones though reach 60+ most of the time.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
NY/NJ is doing well in attendance. We had 2 locals recently that reached 52 and 45. And the one that got 52 was on the same day as the last Concentrate.

:phone:

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Haha you guys are lucky, I've haven't been able to travel for any tournaments out of state but the biggest one in Kansas I've attended was 25 and that was a whole year ago

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I would not call Kansas dead at this point, just small.

Lux and I started CoS to grow the smash scene, and it's working so far. At the moment we are expanding our roots and networking to get more people involved, and we already have roots in 4 towns/cities in the kc area. Also, the whole thing with 14 people interested in attending the same OoS tournament kinda speaks for itself as well

Top Bottom