• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

SOVAman

Smash Hero
does a result count if it's from a small town's school tourney? >.>
Really don't submit stuff like that. This is meant for results you and the Yoshi boards are proud of and show them off.

so if your super proud of some scrub school tourney go ahead and post it

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
More results from me (from another MK banned tournament... don't worry, this is the last one. The experimental tournaments are done)

Doubles:
Pride of Brawl @ Hampton Inn (5/23/09)
Team Indecision (Me as Yoshi and Scary as Sheik/Zelda)
5th out of 8
Entry Fee: $10 per player, $20 per team
Cape Coral, FL

Singles:
9th out of 35 (better than last time, but I believe I could have done much better than this)
Entry Fee: $10
Cape Coral, FL

Both results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7451500#post7451500

I was this close to beating Seibrik (a.k.a. best Brawl player in Florida). I think that there were at least three instances on his last stock in the final match that I could have KOed him, but I flubbed up... ON LIVE STREAM! >_<

Even though I won the MM against him prior to this, I'm still beating myself up over losing to him in the tournament. I felt terrible after losing that match. :(

I'm glad that this kind of tournament is done. I did better with MK being allowed lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Really don't submit stuff like that. This is meant for results you and the Yoshi boards are proud of and show them off.

so if your super proud of some scrub school tourney go ahead and post it
dude what is your problem? he asked a simple question and u flamed him out. yeah i mean we've had bad experiences with yoshies trying to get credit for school tournies but a response like that was plainly uncalled for. a simple, "sorry man, we don't accept school tournies :(" would have been fine

Airborne

Smash Lord
dude what is your problem? he asked a simple question and u flamed him out. yeah i mean we've had bad experiences with yoshies trying to get credit for school tournies but a response like that was plainly uncalled for. a simple, "sorry man, we don't accept school tournies :(" would have been fine
and i thought meta was generally the one who flamed people....

well, my next tourny will hopefully be june 13th or 20th, depending on whether i'm able to due to mom johns or not and whether i'm up for it at the time.... =\

Metatitan

Smash Master
and i thought meta was generally the one who flamed people....

well, my next tourny will hopefully be june 13th or 20th, depending on whether i'm able to due to mom johns or not and whether i'm up for it at the time.... =\
wow that was a low blow :(
but true ;o

auroreon

Smash Ace
I actually agree with Meta on this, that was a pretty harsh reply considering he was simply asking an innocent question.
But I have to agree pretty ironic coming from Meta :laugh:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
i never said there not aloud lol.

If he wants to post that sure idc

I just said that in a mean way lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
...I just realized. Where the heck are all of my tournament results? I've been to plenty of tournaments these past couple of months, and I posted my results here. My most recent results are all the way back in December! :mad:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
...I just realized. Where the heck are all of my tournament results? I've been to plenty of tournaments these past couple of months, and I posted my results here. My most recent results are all the way back in December! :mad:
If it was posted while I was banned I most likely missed it sorry

if you dig it up and re-post I will update it

Ghost42/ Ghost.
Queensland Autumn LAN 2k9, (05/ 23/ 2009).
17th out of 36.
Logan, Queensland, Australia.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227802
http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7451797

I forgot the format, so i just posted information based on what was on the first page.
Format is perfect thx

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You were banned since March?

*sigh* I got like 6 tournaments. I guess I'll have to dig through the pages to find them...

EDIT: Make sure you read the details of each event.

I have new results! =D

Sorry for not posting more often here. Things are getting... complicated nowadays. @_@

POLT
"Bound by Pride" at M!Xcoatl's House
5th out of 40 entrants
Naples, FL
Brackets: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/1988Azteca18/SinglesBracket.gif?t=1237097886

Unfortunately, this can't be entered into the Yoshi Power Rankings due to me using Zelda a couple of times. Still a good overall placing, though.
I have quite a few results. =)

This one is for normal singles:

R@vyn's Monthlies at Play n' Trade (3/21/09)
3rd out of 20 (I finally win some money! :bee:)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=17 (He didn't post the brackets themselves, so I'll just link to the page with the results)

And this one is for low tier singles at that same tournament (not sure if it counts, though):

R@vyn's Monthlies at Play n' Trade (3/21/09)
2nd out of 12 (More money! :bee:)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=17

And these results are from the tournament I hosted today:

Brawl: Rise to the Top at My House (3/22/09)
3rd out of 14
Miami, Florida
http://i43.tinypic.com/27ya7bm.gif

Anyways, the first tournament I have listed here should count to the Power Rankings since I was all Yoshi in that one. I don't know if the second one counts because it was a low-tier tournament, though. The third one doesn't count because I used Zelda for ONE match. (And I still lost :()
OK, results from the tournament this weekend...

Doubles:
R@vyn's Monthlies @ PnT (5/9/09)
Two Eggs Make an Omelette (Poltergust and Juan, both as Yoshi)
3rd out of 9
Entry Fee: $7.50 per player, $15 per team
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Singles:
R@vyn's Monthlies @ Pnt (5/9/09)
9th out of 20 (meh...)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955&page=54

Anyways, I'm not sure if this tournament should count. As an experiment, Meta Knight was banned. I still posted it, though. =/
More results from me (from another MK banned tournament... don't worry, this is the last one. The experimental tournaments are done)

Doubles:
Team Indecision (Me as Yoshi and Scary as Sheik/Zelda)
5th out of 8
Entry Fee: $10 per player, $20 per team
Cape Coral, FL

Singles:
9th out of 35 (better than last time, but I believe I could have done much better than this)
Cape Coral, FL

Both results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7451500#post7451500

I was this close to beating Seibrik (a.k.a. best Brawl player in Florida). I think that there were at least three instances on his last stock in the final match that I could have KOed him, but I flubbed up... ON LIVE STREAM! >_<

Even though I won the MM against him prior to this, I'm still beating myself up over losing to him in the tournament. I felt terrible after losing that match. :(

I'm glad that this kind of tournament is done. I did better with MK being allowed lol.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
but did he lose with yosh at all?
Sorry for the late response but

I went Yoshi every single first match (about 6 times) and twice on the second and third matches. I actually used Yoshi 70% of the time, it's just that I won all my critical matches with Peach so that's why I said I only used Yoshi a little. I lost with Yoshi several times. DSF took me out of winners (I went all Yoshi vs his Snake) and Havok took me out of losers (went all Yoshi) I'll use him more and more each tourney though! Especially once I visit stocky and he teaches me cool stuff ;D

Airborne

Smash Lord
Sorry for the late response but

I went Yoshi every single first match (about 6 times) and twice on the second and third matches. I actually used Yoshi 70% of the time, it's just that I won all my critical matches with Peach so that's why I said I only used Yoshi a little. I lost with Yoshi several times. DSF took me out of winners (I went all Yoshi vs his Snake) and Havok took me out of losers (went all Yoshi) I'll use him more and more each tourney though! Especially once I visit stocky and he teaches me cool stuff ;D
well, you're already doing better than just about every yoshi, seeing that you're able to face the best of your traveling area every time you go to a tournament. hopefully i'll be able to play some of the players i have mentioned several times before and not lose to some scrub i've never heard of... -.-

JOE!

Smash Hero
i never said there not aloud lol.

If he wants to post that sure idc

I just said that in a mean way lol
the way you said it i thought those didnt count, but seeing as it was my *first* offline brawl tourney :p :

DHS Afterschool Tourney (12/10/08 i think it was...)
1st/16 (yes, there were alot of scrubs, but the top 4 were me, and 3 dudes who were rather decent...)
Dedham, MA
Prize: $50

then, recently i had a kinda tourney in Artist's alley (Anime Boston)

Anime Boston Artist's Alley Tourney (made with people in the immediate area on a whim :chuckle:) 5/23/09
1st/10-ish
Boston, MA
Prize: Lulz (was for lulz)

Not sure if these can be credited, but might as well take the chance to gloat :lick:

Airborne

Smash Lord
i think i'm gonna go ahead and post 3 tournies:

University of Kentucky ***METAKNIGHT BANNED*** (2/28/09)
13th out of 60
Lexington, KY
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4799

University of Kentucky Cat's Den Free Tournament (4/14/09)
4th out of 28
Lexington, KY
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=81145&page=2

^ that tournament was funny... got knocked to loser's by some pretty good wolf player that no one had heard of, nor did we hear from him again... and i 3-stocked everyone but two people that i won against XD

Fun Before the Sun Take II (4/25/09)
16th out of 32 (It was Triple Elim, so the placements are different...)
Lexington, KY
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=81443

sorry i forgot to post these! =\ not ones i'm necessarily proud of, but i'm hoping to do better in june!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
fhsdjklhgjksdfghsfjkggdfw

I failed yesterday :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

So i am pissed kinda atm. I had a off day in singles and dubz.

I guess if you don't play for a week or so you don't place good. Never would have guessed

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
lil_b, D-Torr and I failed, too. I'll post my results up (I think D-Torr placed the same as me, actually) in an edit. :(

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yeah, I didn't do as well as I should have either. The dumbest thing happened to me. A Mario player did an Usmash at the edge of Yoshi's Island while I was recovering. I was about a full character above him and I still got hit and died (I was at 130~ after I just DI'd his downsmash from the other edge of the stage). No johns though.

I had a sweet kill on GDX (best Diddy in FL) where I killed him with a DACIT Fsmash. It caught him offguard.

With that said, I did poorly but I gotta keep my head up and do better next tourny.

D

Deleted member

I won a tourny today :p
I went all G&W because i was not allowed to enter as yoshi, since no other really good players entered.
I won 18 dollars... :p

.Marik

is a social misfit
LasT3 (5/30/09)
9th out of 81
Baton Rouge, LA
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape.

I won a tourny today :p
I went all G&W because i was not allowed to enter as yoshi, since no other really good players entered.
I won 18 dollars... :p
That's not a good reason for not being able to use Yoshi...

That's ironic man. >_>

Game and Watch being High Tier and all...

.Marik

is a social misfit
<3 lil b.

But like, compare the American population to the Canadian one. :dizzy:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
We need more Canadian Yoshi players up in this *****.
See the OP? You're not alone anymore. ^.^

I want to get some more placings in, but Brawl tournaments, or even smashfests, are few and far between around here. There is one coming up at the end of the month, but it's a bit of a wait. I am excited, because I think I've worked out the first-time tourney kinks, and I know what to expect now, so maybe I'll do a little better.
:005:

Top Bottom