• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Just posting to say that when I say to get back on topic...

...it means that you take your little arguments to teatime or your dress-up parties or whatever else you ladies do in your spare time. Keep them out of my meaningful threads, please and thank you.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Lol chill out Shiri, you spam as much/more than most of us, it's not like the pages of this thread move very fast. If people need to see results they can find them easily.

bigman40

Smash Master
Augh I suck so bad! I need to get past the phase where I just can't get that last kill.

Also, if I got fifth out of eighth, would that be worth posting or not?

I wouldn't even try to kill unless you had a big opening. I normally don't kill till like 150%+ unless I can abuse someone's habits.

As for the results, it's up to lilB.

~Mieu

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
My point is that both I and my opponent are right down to the last stock at high percents, and I just can't get that last kill. I think it's mental more than anything. And for the rules, I know that I'm not supposed to put last place, but last half doesn't seem that great either. Meh, whatever, he can choose whether or not to use it.

Smash It! III
5 out of 8
Bend, OR
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6949

SOVAman

Smash Hero
hmm a tourney with only 8 people

I will count that for now but from now on you should have at least 13 people for the tourney to get posted. I don't think anyone cares if you place top 8 when there are 8 people

anyways I thought I had a rule for at least 16 people but I looked and I guess I took it off. Most of your regions seem to never get more then 14 people per tourney anyways so I am not going to make that rule 16. Anyways from now on you have to have at least 13 people for your tourney to count

edit: updated completely I think let me know if I missed you

hadesblade

Smash Lord
New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners Results
9th out of 32
Abq, NM
New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners Results (Abq, NM)

Lost to an extremely patient ddd that lived to like 250% each stock due to me not being able to safely throw out kill moves. I actually killed with bair at the edge of the stage once. T_T And I lost to darklink, #1 in AZ now that wobbles is gone...

Split first in low tier singles, and low tier doubles the venue was closing so we left when there were 4 teams left so we did a 4 way split. =/

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
arg. wolf.. arg..
1000 x this.

Also, why'd you have to train with DMBrandon? He ***** me sooooooooo hard. D:

Hades, you think that DDD was bad? I played a DK that ate about 250% EVERY STOCK before I could kill him. I won the set, but ****. I abused eggs so bad so he couldn't get back to the ledge. >_<

And then you remember that DK kills us at like, 100%. I was scared so bad.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I don't think I really want it up there anyway, so whatever. Half the people in it were some of the top players in the state, but anyway making the minimum size larger makes a lot of sense. "Sponsors aren't interested in some eight man tourney in your friend's garage."

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, Galeon is a beast. No shame in losing to a good player, that's how you get better. :yoshi:

Sharky

Smash Master
New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners Results
9th out of 32
Abq, NM
New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners Results (Abq, NM)

Lost to an extremely patient ddd that lived to like 250% each stock due to me not being able to safely throw out kill moves. I actually killed with bair at the edge of the stage once. T_T And I lost to darklink, #1 in AZ now that wobbles is gone...

Split first in low tier singles, and low tier doubles the venue was closing so we left when there were 4 teams left so we did a 4 way split. =/
what happened to wobbles?

MX778

Smash Journeyman
hmm a tourney with only 8 people

I will count that for now but from now on you should have at least 13 people for the tourney to get posted. I don't think anyone cares if you place top 8 when there are 8 people

anyways I thought I had a rule for at least 16 people but I looked and I guess I took it off. Most of your regions seem to never get more then 14 people per tourney anyways so I am not going to make that rule 16. Anyways from now on you have to have at least 13 people for your tourney to count

edit: updated completely I think let me know if I missed you
Sorry for the double post.
Can you add me to this list? :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Impressive results, but West Coast is pretty stale in terms of skill, besides the exception of Alphicans, Kill0ck, Superboom, and Minus.

Firefly probably wouldn't place that good in GtaN or states like Texas, New Jersey, New York, or California.

REGION BIAS IS BAD. BAD VICTRA.

Good stuff I guess, you should still feel proud of your results nonetheless. <3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Impressive results, but West Coast is pretty stale in terms of skill, besides the exception of Alphicans, Kill0ck, Superboom, and Minus.

Firefly probably wouldn't place that good in GtaN or states like Texas, New Jersey, New York, or California.

REGION BIAS IS BAD. BAD VICTRA.

Good stuff I guess, you should still feel proud of your results nonetheless. <3
You hater.

Good job Firefly.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
For that tourney, it wasn't about the placing for me; it was about who I beat and who I lost to. Even though I took 5th, I only lost to Superboom and Alphicans (1 + 2), and I actually did pretty well against them. I got 2-0ed by both of them, but I took Superboom's Snake to ~60% on his last stock in the first match (I got 2-stocked by his MK on Norfair though XD) and I took Alphicans' Game & Watch to last stock high % in both games. I almost won the second match with a dash attack at 160%, but he bucket braked (of course, but seeing him survive at the point was frustrating DX), returned to the stage, and got a D-throw techchase on me to win. Not to brag or anything, but I was really happy with how I performed, considering how badly I used to get wrecked by both of them. ^.^

Also, why do either of you care about that list? It's locked now, and I don't think it's coming back anytime soon. XD

Oh, and for the results, the title was "aish's Edmonton December Specho", I got 5th of 23, and it was in Edmonton, Alberta.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Delta, I really do feel sorry for you guys.

NJ's stage list is more stale than the jank in the cooler at work, LOL!

WTB Pictochat prz!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
...Okay Vic, that's enough of the "JAKE IS TOO GOOOOOOOOOOD" posts here for now. Now get out of here, before all the other Yoshis start LOLing again. =P

:005:
You're not the boss of me >:[

but ya. Till next time. Baiiiiiiiiii~

Top Bottom