• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Tournament Results: End of an Era, A New Beginning? *updated August 19th

D

Deleted member

K so lil b was right.
I placed 7th.

HOWEVER:
I beat hall, my first time beating him,last weekend he got 5th out of 60 at a big socal tournament. Hes one of the top snakes on the west coast.
Now im like 1-7 with him xD

And i took stauffy sooo close each game, like 150+ both times. I wasnt upset tho, he beat DSF yesterday and beat mojoe and AC today.

I think im gonna start improving very rapidly though, im beginning to ascend to that higher level of mental play.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
TourneyPlay #4 (02/13/10)
17th of 55
Seattle, WA
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=7635

Remember that doubles video with Bwett & UTD Zac vs. Ultimate Razer & Gnes on Rainbow Cruise, where everybody died off the top at the same time and it went to sudden death? The same thing happened to me in one of my doubles matches, except it was just me and Felix's Diddy left. I think we both tripped on the top platform, so neither of us could move in time. XD I didn't actually do anything in the Sudden Death, so he just ran up and threw me. We did a 1 stock match to settle it, but my teammate died early, and we lost it. It was pretty funny though. =3

Me and indigestible wad (he got 33rd) almost met in the loser's bracket, but he barely lost the last set before meeting me. D= We did double Yoshi friendlies against a double Luigi team though, so that was pretty fun. =]

I had a really close set against Sagemoon, livestreamed and everything, but it sounds like it wasn't recorded. >.< FML

:005:

D

Deleted member

How was your match vs warpstatus firefly.
I played him twice in tournament at Wintergamesfest, first time i 2-0d him, second time he beat me 2-1 last hit.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I got 2-stocked in the first match on Yoshi's Island. >.> I was doing better in friendlies, and the match started out pretty well, but the rest of the first match went pretty badly. I took him to Rainbow Cruise, and I was in a position to potentially take it, but I SDed with Egg Roll to end the set. >.< That also happened to be the first match in which I was getting actively heckled by the crowd, but no johns. It was just a new experience for me. =P

:005:

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Augh I need to get better I can't believe I lost to that peach it was so close. I am getting better though. I had a jump in skill after not playing anything but melee pikachu for two weeks. I am so inconsistent and it's hillarious.

Also run-on sentences ftw.

Sharky

Smash Master
LOL@rainbow XD

tho to be fair a player in our region beat snakeee there with IC's (maybe two stock? I don't remember the details, Frank help me out lol inb4namesearch) so she's definitely not invincible there, lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Next Level Lan - An Inaugural Brawl (2/13/10)
Orlando, FL
7th out of 40
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265315

I really don't deserve this placing. I had such an easy bracket... I only fought (and lost to) two good players. =/

You know, when Shaky beat Seibrik, everyone hoisted him up on their shoulders. I wish that was me up there... (I was so close to beating him in loser's)

:069:

.Marik

is a social misfit
These tournament results are making me feel bad.

I didn't do well at LBT2.

I hate my life.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I finally found time in my busy and hectic schedule to Update this if your tourney you posted was not updated its because the format was horribly wrong or there was no link OR a combination of the two OR i didn't see it lulz

Shiri

Smash Chump
You know, when Shaky beat Seibrik, everyone hoisted him up on their shoulders. I wish that was me up there... (I was so close to beating him in loser's)

:069:
:yoshi: I was gonna say something snarky like...

"Trust me, if you knew where their hands had been, you wouldn't be so sad."

If it has the same meaning (which I know it won't), I will be glad to hoist you on my fairly stable shoulders. That kid's moment was his. You'll make your own, but it has to be for you.

D

Deleted member

Polt, i mean this as a person and not a smasher. And dont take it personally.
Cut the jealousy ****.

YOu had a blog a long time ago whining about how Green Ace gets a lot more recognition than you. It bugged me.

You should accept yourself and your accomplishments for what they are, and not give a **** about what other people do.
/Self help ****

XD

Anyways, get better lol. I would be so dissapointed in myself if i beat like DSF or Tyrant (i beat DEHF but it was pools and i got falco gimpz) because i know i am a good enough player for that yet, and it would just be matchup inexperience or something.

I care about improvement more than results, and by doing that i can create good results.

Lolz
Random rant

D

Deleted member

Sorry for duble post buuuut:
I got 7th today, again xD Its a curse
I didnt beat anyone really remarkable, i took mojoe to last hit 3rd game even tho he broke my shield at 30 and charged fsmash (STUPID YOSHI SHIELD >:l)
I took a game off tearbear and got 3 stocked 3rd game xD

Losing to 2 socal power rankers isnt bad tho, our power rankings are like super scary now (they used to not be, but everyone on it is a very high level player now). Ill do better next time.

Btw yoshi barely loses to snake im sure of it.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
BashCon XXV
Student Union University of Toledo
2-20-2010
16th out of 28. (Double Elimination)
Toledo, Ohio

My 3rd tournament. It was the first one I was able to go over .500 in sets. Lost in a Yoshi Ditto which was fun. In fact that Yoshi took 2nd overall. I think his name is Oreos. I was so close to getting in the elite 8. I was leading a set in the 2nd match against a Zelda with both of us at high damage on out final stock. I couldn't pull it off that match and then lost badly in the 3rd game. No johns though.

Sharky

Smash Master
^anyone call him sharky and ima smack you

also, try to get the tourney results posted in the char rankings thread. =D

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
BashCon XXV
Student Union University of Toledo
2-20-2010
16th out of 28. (Double Elimination)
Toledo, Ohio

My 3rd tournament. It was the first one I was able to go over .500 in sets. Lost in a Yoshi Ditto which was fun. In fact that Yoshi took 2nd overall. I think his name is Oreos. I was so close to getting in the elite 8. I was leading a set in the 2nd match against a Zelda with both of us at high damage on out final stock. I couldn't pull it off that match and then lost badly in the 3rd game. No johns though.
Good job Sharky.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Sharky is the original Sharky and not me. If I donate to the site sometime soon and get that premium membership status I'm going to change it. I just picked SharkAttack because it sounded cool.

I'm not sure when I'm going to enter another tournament. The closest ones to Toledo are Ann Arbor, Michigan and Springfield, Ohio and those are somewhat far from the Toledo area. I'll be working at getting my skills up though.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yo, that reminds me.

Deep Blue Sea was on last weekend, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Top Bottom