• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. King Dedede

Gindler

Smash Champion
Has anyone tried the Fsmash during his CG? It's been known to break the CG.........of course if you do it often then he can punish you Fsmash with his own not a fair trade

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
I saw Karamity doing that in the videos Kel gave us. Pretty good idea. It was working pretty well for him.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Egg lay is your BEST FRIEND in this matchup since DDD's LOVE to stay in their shield. If they try to start spot dodging it, you're now in an advantaged position because DDD will not be in his shield or shield grabbing as much, expecting an egg lay from the air approach opens up a ton of options. Any character that can grab DDD from the air needs to abuse it like crazy. You need to convince a DDD player that shielding isn't a good option and you've done a lot to limit his options.

Question - does Yoshi's double jump heavy armor work against DDD's swallow/suck move? I noticed once that he tried to suck me in and my heavy armor was acting so it didn't suck me up, but he could have just missed.

bigman40

Smash Master
Egg lay is your BEST FRIEND in this matchup since DDD's LOVE to stay in their shield. If they try to start spot dodging it, you're now in an advantaged position because DDD will not be in his shield or shield grabbing as much, expecting an egg lay from the air approach opens up a ton of options. Any character that can grab DDD from the air needs to abuse it like crazy. You need to convince a DDD player that shielding isn't a good option and you've done a lot to limit his options.

Question - does Yoshi's double jump heavy armor work against DDD's swallow/suck move? I noticed once that he tried to suck me in and my heavy armor was acting so it didn't suck me up, but he could have just missed.
I don't think it matters. The suction has pulled me in when I was using my DJ, but if someone can test it, it'll be great. If they're doing suction though, use grabs, and attack form the top of his head to beat it. Anywhere else (assuming he's on ground level) will get beat.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: King Dedede's Inhale is a grab-based move, so Yoshi's double jump does not negate it.

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
I know this is off-topic, but is Kirby's neutral-b a grab-based attack?

Believe it or not, I've seen a Marth counter it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Kirby's Inhale is also a grab-based attack.

Let me try to explain why Marth can counter it.

Both Kirby and King Dedede's Inhale moves have a grab hitbox near the mouths and further out from the hitbox is an even bigger "windbox" as I call it. It's basically a momentum-changing force. Other windboxes are the shockwaves from Toon Link's down aerial or the burst from Ness' PK Magnet. Instead of pushing characters away, however, Kirby and King Dedede's windboxes suck characters in. Marth seems to be able to counter windboxes, which is why he seems to have countered "Inhale," even though he would have been hit by the grab hitbox if he were close enough to Kirby.

If you want to see something really gay, use Marth to counter the first few frames of Pit's Up+B, which also generates a windbox. Absorb "nothing", counter hit Pit and watch him die. Pretty gay stuff.

D

Deleted member

^I love shiri a lot.

Lol, ima try that counter **** hahah.

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
:yoshi: Kirby's Inhale is also a grab-based attack.

Let me try to explain why Marth can counter it.

Both Kirby and King Dedede's Inhale moves have a grab hitbox near the mouths and further out from the hitbox is an even bigger "windbox" as I call it. It's basically a momentum-changing force. Other windboxes are the shockwaves from Toon Link's down aerial or the burst from Ness' PK Magnet. Instead of pushing characters away, however, Kirby and King Dedede's windboxes suck characters in. Marth seems to be able to counter windboxes, which is why he seems to have countered "Inhale," even though he would have been hit by the grab hitbox if he were close enough to Kirby.

If you want to see something really gay, use Marth to counter the first few frames of Pit's Up+B, which also generates a windbox. Absorb "nothing", counter hit Pit and watch him die. Pretty gay stuff.
Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining that.

I've seen the same Marth player gimp a Pit player like that. It was hilarious.

Top Bottom