• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Peach

Gindler

Smash Champion
I hate peach. Mostly because I hate being in yoshi's shield (EVER!), other than that I play against her like I do kirby (or anyone with a better airgame than yoshi) alot of eggs, pivot grabs, and Bair mostly. Save my smashes for kills and Uair/egg throw juggle as often as I can since she's so floaty. Truly one of my player weakness matchups since I generally like being agressive. I'd think peach advantage just for that.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh i see, i haven't visited there really other than when i informed the Yoshis of the Fox discussion. but im bad at visiting my own character boards too.

bigman40

Smash Master
sorry i meant on the yoshi boards lately.... =\ haven't even thought of, nor looked at, the fox match-up since there isn't a single good space animal in kentucky.... i wish i had a good falco...... *sigh* i still love yoshi more though, but falco will always be next...
Come to GA, and you won't like Falcos anymore.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think I'm the only one that finds wolf's laser more annoying than falco's
Pretty much.

I can go entire matches without failing to powershield a single wolf laser. That thing is so slow. Yoshi's Eggs are way better.

Falco's laser on the other hand makes me cry myself to sleep.

Do we have anything else to discuss on this? Have any major Yoshi's fought any notable Peach's in tournament ever?

Airborne

Smash Lord
Pretty much.

I can go entire matches without failing to powershield a single wolf laser. That thing is so slow. Yoshi's Eggs are way better.

Falco's laser on the other hand makes me cry myself to sleep.

Do we have anything else to discuss on this? Have any major Yoshi's fought any notable Peach's in tournament ever?
does rowan count as a notable peach? i faced him for a match in a friendly and he 2-stocked me due to my lack of knowledge XD

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I figured Egg lay ***** this matchup. 7% free damage whenever peach floats. I haven't really played any peaches in a while, but when i did. I used egg lay a lot and it helped make my bair approach much better. SO EGG LAY GUYS. I used to be a hater, but now i love this move (ESP in 2v2 :p)

D

Deleted member

I beat bone, who is prolly 2nd best peach on WC, in tournament(iunno how you, bone, and sky match up, but i think bone is a little better than sky from playin them), praxis, like 3 weeks ago.
Im 2-1 with him.

Egg lay is really bad in this matchup imo. Great move but not here.

bigman40

Smash Master
Peach's Fair outranges Egg lay. Since she isn't mainly grounded, when we won't have to use egg lay unless you just wanna place her higher up in the air, where you'll be right under her Dair.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh Yoshi's I gotta tell ya something.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Since you guys are already poppin around the Peach boards, there's a few threads you guys can help us out on.

How to deal with specific enemy moves' Discussion - Discussion 38: Yoshi's Up + B
- help us deal with your breakfast!

[Secondaries for Peach] Currently Discussing: Yoshi
- how is Yoshi as a secondary? Good/bad matchups?

And here's the other links if you missed them:

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Week 30: Yoshi
- in depth Yoshi v Peach discussion

Peachy Counterpicks: YOSHI - Where will he die?
- simple "pick that stage, ban this stage" talk

We have a ton to discuss, but even a sentence of information would be awesome. GO GO DINOSAURS!

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah I'm ignoring the generic wannabe match-up thread and necro'ing this one, whatchugon' do about it

played snakeee's peach today in friendlies with relatively even results minus some terrible mistakes on my part. From this and other experience I'm convinced that it's even, no worse.

ps snakeee has experience against pride, thus her ****** me with zamus, so there's no unknown match-up johns here.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
How do you get ***** by ZSS? Someone around here told me that they tell people to go ZSS to **** Yoshi. I don't get it, it's an even MU and I'm good at it now. I love it. :D

Anyways, from my experience with Dark Peach (inb4Meta) I'd say it's even. Though I bet Meta has some theories that say Yoshi gets *****.

Just play stupidly safe and defensive. Not necessarily throwing eggs, just waiting. Peach can punish eggs, after all.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Looking at the old posts in this thread makes me laugh uncontrollably. Bone footage was nice, great player but didn't know the matchup :(

I'll do a tl;dr version and go into detail if anyone wants

-Peach's camp game beats out yoshi's camp game and actually punishes all his approaches/camp game/grab game unless he's able to consistently grab turnips in the air

-Peach's Fair and Dair both>Yoshi, she can space them correctly in med-close range where he can't punish (Fair is better but harder to learn the spacing for)

-Yoshi cannot recovery from below safely against peach, below leads to a stage spike without an airdodge, with an airdodge means yoshi might get up smashed/stage spiked if peach grabs the ledge

-Egg Lay is super **** if peach isn't holding a turnip, she can beat you out with Fair but spacing the Fair is a lot harder than for you to just DJC in with an egg lay

-Peach can actually beat your Uair with Bair if spaced correctly

-Peach can Up smash OoS yoshi's up smash, so don't get greedy lol

I think if played correctly the matchup is 65:35

Making it that is hard though, peach has to play the MU really well to get it to that kind of extreme, and the less experience against yoshi you have/the more mistakes you make, the more even the MU becomes.

It's even on wifi if anyone is curious, me and stocky went even on wifi and then I ***** him at AG <3 (we were even at first until I learned the matchup, then I couldn't stop 2 stocking him)

Unfortunately our footage is when we were both exhausted, so we both played pretty terribly XD

Top Bottom