• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Pikachu

Sharky

Smash Master
to whoever said something about a fthrow cg on yoshi, it doesn't actually work, you can nair out of it. Don't nair every time though, they can just run up, shield the nair, and then grab you again lol. The upsmash is legit though, and like polt said, so is DJ nair out of it.

running spotdodges work well to get past tjolts, I like to do this right up to pika and jab him cause he's still in the jolt animation. =)

You really shouldn't be dying to thunder off the top unless they get a good uptilt in that you didn't DI at all. Unless you have no horizontal momentum, you can airdodge it as long as you wait until the "pika!" FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T MOMENTUM CANCEL IT JUST GETS YOU KILLED!!!

more to come later I guess.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
to whoever said something about a fthrow cg on yoshi, it doesn't actually work, you can nair out of it. Don't nair every time though, they can just run up, shield the nair, and then grab you again lol. The upsmash is legit though, and like polt said, so is DJ nair out of it.

running spotdodges work well to get past tjolts, I like to do this right up to pika and jab him cause he's still in the jolt animation. =)

You really shouldn't be dying to thunder off the top unless they get a good uptilt in that you didn't DI at all. Unless you have no horizontal momentum, you can airdodge it as long as you wait until the "pika!" FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T MOMENTUM CANCEL IT JUST GETS YOU KILLED!!!

more to come later I guess.
Hah, approaching Pika.

I just jab Tjolts. Granted it CAN be tricky.

It's kind of like Mario, except we have GR shenanigans. And Pika doesn't have a cape.

Sharky

Smash Master
dash attack also works, or a up/f-tilt if you want to stay still. inb4sameasfireballs

edit: you have just as many reliable kill moves as we have on you lol. And no thunder star-ko doesn't count cause it shouldn't happen lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It is impossible to predict the movements obviously. B-reversing thunder is better than you think.

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah so as long as I have horizontal momentum I can avoid it, like I said a few posts up. =/

basically I'm saying we should be prepared to DI uptilt every time cause it's mad obvious.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
And we are faster...have more combos...and can kill you reliably.
True.

dash attack also works, or a up/f-tilt if you want to stay still. inb4sameasfireballs

edit: you have just as many reliable kill moves as we have on you lol. And no thunder star-ko doesn't count cause it shouldn't happen lol.
Fireballs get beat by everything except maybe eggroll.

And also true.

It is impossible to predict the movements obviously. B-reversing thunder is better than you think.
I've never seen that done, although it sounds pretty legit.

Not that simple. It lasts slightly longer in the air than airdodges.
I was unaware of this.

yeah so as long as I have horizontal momentum I can avoid it, like I said a few posts up. =/

basically I'm saying we should be prepared to DI uptilt every time cause it's mad obvious.
It's not always mad obvious. Of course, we can always DJAD to get full momentum to escape everytime.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
ESAM is right when he says that thunder last longer than airdodges, but sharky is ALSO right as we can airdodge and then move away in the air fast enough to avoid damage. The only way we should be getting thunder ko'd is either mad prediction on pika's part, or the oh****idroppedmycontroller syndrome.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: DI up tilt.

There, you can now begin to live to actual percents.

Of course, I think Matt said that already.

Top Bottom