• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Samus [Summary Updated: 8/17/2009]

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well apparently samus and yoshi go even so I was wrong there, need to stop listening to metatitan :laugh:

It's not that bad, just not fun at all. Apparently it's 35:65...

Yeah no OOS sucks, hence why I don't shield often. It's all about the spotdodge :)
Absolute fail, MarikYoshi. Can't anyone read? :laugh:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Oh lolololololol.

My bad, it was Gindler. You guys have a very similar avatar. :dizzy:

:laugh:

But I still agree with him/them. :3

D

Deleted member

Marik yoshi, you gotta ask yourself:
Why dont I just listen to people who know something?

:)
Jk, but seriously, PEOPLE WITH ACTUAL SAMUS EXPERIENCE AND WHO ARE BETTER THAN YOU (sorry, bwett is better than you) ARE TELLING YOU SOMETHING. Its makes sense to listen no?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik yoshi, you gotta ask yourself:
Why dont I just listen to people who know something?

:)
Jk, but seriously, PEOPLE WITH ACTUAL SAMUS EXPERIENCE AND WHO ARE BETTER THAN YOU (sorry, bwett is better than you) ARE TELLING YOU SOMETHING. Its makes sense to listen no?
:[

You always gotta come up in here and relapse everyone into an arguement. :V

Bwett would kick my *** to Kingdom-Come. :laugh:

auroreon

Smash Ace
Thanks for telling us?
I dont see what you are getting at, people with no matchup experience on it/dont play either character arent really important in a discussion of yoshi vs samus XD
This is exactly why I am not opposing the 63:35. From my experience I would disagree with that ratio, but I am well aware that I have almost no experience against great Samus players, as such I can easily see that what I know from my experience is not going to be as accurate as those who do know the matchup well.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
i dont understand how anyone can think it isnt that bad, how can u fight a character you can't approach and one they you're forced to approach?

so what though? its just a bad matchup, like we really need to worry about the LOADS OF SAMUS PLAYERS

yoshi is still a much better character

MX778

Smash Journeyman
My Brother Dan is a Samus main. I am a Yoshi main also like all of you are.

I have to say the advantage is in Samus' favor. If not that, then I'd say it's even.
That Screw Attack literally "screws" us over any and every time we hit that sheild of theirs.

I say: Approach from the air with a short hop (possibly) with a completely unaimed Egg Toss to F-smash (or a grab. Whatever float's your boat). This usually works most of the time.

Chaco

Never Logs In
^Yeah, don't do that. Unaimed egg toss does you no good because they can clearly determine the arch and while your landing....your going to get a Samus Fsmash/Dsmash/Charge Shot/Dash Attack-UpB done to you.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
^Yeah, don't do that. Unaimed egg toss does you no good because they can clearly determine the arch and while your landing....your going to get a Samus Fsmash/Dsmash/Charge Shot/Dash Attack-UpB done to you.
No.

Cause' at that point you'll already be in their face.
The benefit of the F-smash is:

When Yoshi pulls his head back before he attacks, he makes a small gap between him and his opponent. Causing Samus' move to miss and thus hitting him with the F-smash. ;)

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's the point...our fmash is about the range of Samus's...if she misses...then we do too.

And you do not have time to recover after throwing an egg on a Samus that isn't even aimed at her. That's borderline idiocy.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
That's the point...our fmash is about the range of Samus's...if she misses...then we do too.

And you do not have time to recover after throwing an egg on a Samus that isn't even aimed at her. That's borderline idiocy.
Who said you weren't aiming it at her? That's the whole point of the egg. :p
If the egg hits, you basically just got a free grab (or whatever you choose to do.)
But preferably the Egg Lay. Since most likely she'll be sheilding.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I understand what you're saying. I'm saying it won't work.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Just posting to let you guys know I've done some heavy duty practice with DI out of ridiculous moves.

Samus and Wario just got a little easier. Like Bigz noted earlier in the thread, DI out of the Up+B helps a lot in terms of not soaking up all that free damage and putting you in a bad spot.

Top Bottom