• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Toon Link

D

Deleted member

I agree, i am strongly against a certain rule making a character unviable in many matchups (not unviable but ECEs are very important). I think the rule can simply state except for yoshi and be fine.

D

Deleted member

Socks, I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, so I'm not sure how to feel about that post. :dizzy:
It wasnt sarcasm i really dislike the fact that the rule pretty much only limits MK while hurting not broke characters.

Airborne

Smash Lord
But what is it out of curiosity? I didn't see it. I'd like to see details as to what it is and why it is that way.
It's too controversial right now for people to reach an agreeable ratio, due to the fact that we don't have any matches of high level TLinks against high level Yoshis that we can observe to discuss, as well as not having very many occurrences of the two meeting up in tournament.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I have a couple TLs in my area, and I've posted a tournament match of mine against a TL in this thread. I'll try and get some matches vs. Jash recorded and put up to show you guys if I see him again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRCKXLqQhVo

That would be the match.

I don't think there are enough ways for us to deal with TL's camp game, so I feel it's a very, very bad MU for us.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This is my personal worst matchup. I find every character in the game FAR easier to fight than Tlink. G&W, Marth... bring it on, but not Toonm Link. I hate him so very very much. I don't just hate fighting him, I hate everything about him. I hate the cel-shadsing style for Zelda games, I hate the way Tlink is called "Toon Link" and not "Cel-Shaded Link" or something. I hate that Young Link was taken out of the game and replaced with Tlink.
I hate Tlink so much that I think it affects how I play against him.
Wow this exactly, I think its 65:35, maybe even 70:30 Tink, my worst MU by far

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
This is my personal worst matchup. I find every character in the game FAR easier to fight than Tlink. G&W, Marth... bring it on, but not Toonm Link. I hate him so very very much. I don't just hate fighting him, I hate everything about him. I hate the cel-shadsing style for Zelda games, I hate the way Tlink is called "Toon Link" and not "Cel-Shaded Link" or something. I hate that Young Link was taken out of the game and replaced with Tlink.
this person speaks the truth
yes whats up with "Toon Link" if anything it should be wind waker link or just Link like always

no!! young link my fav is still there!!!
(in denial) :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a couple TLs in my area, and I've posted a tournament match of mine against a TL in this thread. I'll try and get some matches vs. Jash recorded and put up to show you guys if I see him again.

That would be the match.

I don't think there are enough ways for us to deal with TL's camp game, so I feel it's a very, very bad MU for us.
Watching this, it looks like it's all about the eggs for the most part

Yikarur

Smash Master
there's no way this is an even match-up.
Even ist defined as 50:50, same chances for both, do you see this requirements in a Yoshi vs. Toon Link Battle? Yoshi has an very hard time against Toon Link because of Yoshis Shield and Chars with tonds of better options against Toon Link have an "even" Match-up against him.
Sometimes match-ups are called too positive. Yoshi wouldn't be a bad character if he had so much 50:50 Match-ups.

Sharky

Smash Master

That would be the match.

Well given the TL's in your area I'll accept that you have more experience with the mu, but every toon link I've played I've either gone even with or beaten, once I've figured out their camp patterns I've always been able to camp them back relatively easily. But again, I doubt I've played a good TL before. I can critique that vid for you if you want though =P

and yes please to jash vids, I've been dying to see a yoshi play him.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can critique also, but considering im not as good, I wont :p

Top Bottom