• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Zero Suit Samus

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I agree with delta-cod, this match-up is kind of bad for Yoshi, even worse than I used to think it was (6/4 maybe)?

Whoever asked if we could beat back air: yes. Our own back air beats it clean, as do most of our other aerials.

Also, egg camping in the traditional sense is REALLY EASY for ZSS to beat. If Yoshi is spamming eggs you can powershield the first one and then dash grab and it works almost every time.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
It was 2-1, I just really couldn't figure out what to do. Any time I got knocked into the air I took a LOT of damage/got forced to the ledge. I was really bewildered the whole time and didn't really camp her because I kept getting punished for it. >_>''

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp.
if you knew how to fight instead of juust throw eggs you wouldve won D;

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
if you knew how to fight instead of juust throw eggs you wouldve won D;
Stalkerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I did better against ksizzle's just yesterday, and that was with more camp and less approaching. Although he did play a lot differently and yadda yadda.

And I only know how to camp. :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree with delta-cod, this match-up is kind of bad for Yoshi, even worse than I used to think it was (6/4 maybe)?

Whoever asked if we could beat back air: yes. Our own back air beats it clean, as do most of our other aerials.

Also, egg camping in the traditional sense is REALLY EASY for ZSS to beat. If Yoshi is spamming eggs you can powershield the first one and then dash grab and it works almost every time.
Nooooo! It's 55:45 ZSS!! Yoshi has the ability to play keep away and avoid damage if played correctly, PLUS can gay the **** outta her when she's in the air. We cant be above her as well, but we have the speed and options to get down low with minimal risk. On the ground, we should get out of her paralyzer range and throw eggs occasionally throwing SHORT. I repeat, SHORT! S. H. O. R. T. SHORT! This makes it difficult for her to approach us on ground, and it also out ranges her gun. Also, coming from a top angle with bair, and poking with it is hard for zss to stop. She cant retaliate if done correctly, and if she's does dsmash, we can get out of the range. If she misses with a grab or dsmash, we can usually land an egg lay which also puts her in a bad position.

Also, ZSS dash grab is terribad, we should rarely be getting grabbed this way, and a camping isn't just standing still throwing eggs, that's spamming.

D

Deleted member

Im glad you can outprioritize back air. So can everyone and yet it still is mad good hmmmmmm...

Just because you have a move that out prioritizes it, doesnt mean you have good options to beat it, and ZSS really has trouble.

Yes powershield to running grab does work if the yoshi doesnt know how to throw eggs (and at this point most people do). Deltacodding doesnt really work that well imo, ZSS can punish too well, so i like getting as much damage from my punishes as possible.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Im glad you can outprioritize back air. So can everyone and yet it still is mad good hmmmmmm...

Just because you have a move that out prioritizes it, doesnt mean you have good options to beat it, and ZSS really has trouble.

Yes powershield to running grab does work if the yoshi doesnt know how to throw eggs (and at this point most people do). Deltacodding doesnt really work that well imo, ZSS can punish too well, so i like getting as much damage from my punishes as possible.
I'M NOW A VERB, **** YEAH.

But yeah, my playstyle doesn't really work. I think you need to play more cautious rather than camp.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I treat ZSS like MK when she's on the ground. A sexy and more attractive MK.

Top Bottom