• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's 3 most Buffed moves (Up B, Side B, Grab)

wodan46

Smash Cadet

Winnar

Smash Lord
Interesting, I hadn't known that the Side B was buffed as well. Thanks for the videos/links/info. ^^

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to see that the egg has a use now, instead of being as useful Ganons UpTilt in melee and brawl. LOL. It was a great noob combo'er in melee!

Kirk

Smash Champion
It definitely can't take a hit from anything, I'll say that much. Most mid-range level attacks cancel out with it, and most strong attacks will go right through it. For example it's pretty useless against a majority of Ike's commonly used arsenal. It has been buffed as far as power/priority go, but I still don't think it's enough to be very useful. You still can't get out of it fast enough for it to have great combo potential, either. I'd still limit it to catching people off guard, albeit a bit more useful method now.

EDIT: Oops lol, I forgot to log out of my friend's account and into mine. =$ This is The Yoshinator talking =P

wodan46

Smash Cadet
While its true that Yoshi can't end the egg roll quickly on its own, it looks as if enemy attacks wil break Yoshi out quickly and without Yoshi needing to do any windown, thus allowing Yoshi to do a quick counterattack, such as using neutral B (which has been buffed to be faster) or a smash/tilt. Am I mistaken? (as I don't have the game, I can only guess from the videos).

Sharky

Smash Master
This is true for medium strength attacks. However, The opponent will also have an equal opportunity to make an attack, making this situation 50/50. I don't like those odds, personally.

wodan46

Smash Cadet
Have you tried Side B followed up by Neutral B immediately after?

It has good priority, goes through shields, and the space between Yoshi and the enemy after the egg breaks will prevent the enemy from countering immediately unless they have a sword of hammer.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
His egg roll only has massive priority if it has momentum. It can not get this momentum whilst airborne, and is thus limited to ground based attacks. I believe you can also no longer egg roll away from a ledgegrab and still land on the stage for confusion factors. However, when co-prioritizing another attack it will put you far enough away to be safe from most attacks, save for people like Marth that can just forward smash. Egg lay does sound like a feasible followup against slow characters, though, and his forward tilt might even have the distance to hit and priority to get rid of faster characters approaching. A dash back to pivot instant grab sounds like an awesome counter to what most people would consider doing afterwards, too.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I can already say from playing, if you used side B as recovery, we have run out of luck. Yoshi's side B is horrible for recovery now, because he falls pretty much straight down rather than at a 45 degree angle, but maybe you knew that already.

rove

Smash Apprentice
Thank goodness yoshi has a up b now!
I am a semi yoshi smasher and its a real pain when I get hit by a hard smash attack and I time his x-jump at the right time and I see im not going to make it so I try to air dodge on the edge or just on the stage...
I cant wait for brawl!

BETA

Smash Ace
Holy crap, forward+b is going to be incredibly helpful against edgeguarders! Now he barely even needs a triple jump!

...wait, forward+b negation does work in the air too, right?

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I guess? But his egg roll looks pretty bad for recovering, since you dont get the little jump boost when you start it in mid air. It would probably be better to dodge or double jump through it with super armor.

Top Bottom