• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's >B Idea discussion

yoshinator331

Smash Cadet
Almost everyone agree's that Yoshi needs a better >B. Therefore, I am making the OFFICIAL Yoshi's >B move idea discussion:grin:. Now then, in this forum you can post any idea you have for this move no matter how ridiculous it may be. You may also Rate and comment on other people's ideas, just don't critisize too much. Please include Damge, knockback (distance, and angle), range and other details.

To get it started, I will post a few ideas that I have:

Egg bat: Yoshi pulls out a bat and swings it (sweetspot at very tip)
Damage:13-20 (25 for sweetspot)
knockback: far, about 30*degree angle. Sweetspot KB: VERY far, 45* angle
Range: Pretty far for a melee attack
Notes: slows fall when used in air

Rainbolt: Yoshi shoots a raninbow beam in front of him
Damage: 3-7
knckback:not very good
range: about half the distance of the Final destination stage
Notes: Electric effect when dmg. is > 30%

Alrighty. Just FYI

90* degrees= straight up

0*= flat

ETC.

yoshinator331

Smash Cadet
There's a time and place for all Yoshi discussion:

The official Yoshi discussion.

T_T.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72601
believe me, I have enjoyed and benefitted from your thread, but this is specificaly for disscussing Yoshi's >B move. not just Yoshi in general. Thank you though.

P.S. Yoshi's egg roll is absolutely, positively, undeniably one of the WORST moves in the game. If it wasn't, then why would I be creating this thread?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yoshi needs a foward B move that doesn't suck 99.9% of the time. Maybe it could be replaced by something from Yoshi's Island, like watermelon seeds/ice/fire breath. Or maybe something from Yoshi's Island DS (haven't played so I can't say anything here)?

People that make sarcastic comments that make fun of what people think are so cool.
Why yes, yes they are.

DragoKnight

Smash Cadet
Numa mate, the move is slow to activate, slow to de-activate, easily dodged when engaged at long-range and weak close-up, and practically useless midair. It moves fast, but turns slowly. There are very few redeeming qualities to it, what exactly is it that makes it one of Yoshi's best moves?

As for a replacement (has any B move ever been replaced?), I love the idea of the watermelon seeds; it's not exactly innovative but it links back to the character's past pretty well, and plain old makes sense too. Could be stockpiled like Sheik's needles, I reckon. I had this idea once that Yoshi should be able to sprout wings (ala Mario World blue shell) for a brief moment as a recovery, but that makes more sense as an up B, anyway.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
All I hear is that you people do not know how to use that move.
I'm Mario your Yoshi...
You >B and come straight for me....
I cape you. Smash you or B you.
I'm Fox I'll laser you shine you Usmash you
I'm falco.... lol Diar
I'm peach lol... dsmash

I'm marth Fsmash sheild break lol Ftilt.
I'm G&W lol sausage

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'm quite partial to the fire idea, the 3 directional one from super mario world.

additionally, temporary flight might be cool, if there were penalities from using it, not sure how the logistics would work but it's a vague idea.

also, making the egg throw b> and giving yoshi a third jump would make him totally not bottom tier. to even this out, still give him the crappy egg shield so he can't shield jump, or something.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
(has any B move ever been replaced?),
For the record, yes. Ness, Link, and Jigglypuff all had their standard B move moved to Smash B and replaced with a different move in the transition from SSB to SSBM. So it's not outlandish to assume other characters will have replaced moves in SSBB.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about this:

They could make Yoshi a bit like Kirby. If you recall, yoshi can eat enemies and aborb a bit of their power, giving him the ability to shoot fireballs, fly, etc...

When Yoshi eats someone with his Neutral B, he gains a power until it is knocked out of him in a similar manner to Kirby. These powers aren't just taken directly from the other player's moveset though, they can be arbitrary. Or better yet, random. But maybe it would be better if it were based on who you ate. Anyway, here are some example powers:

Note that these powers are used by Yoshi's Side-B, not neutral B. At any time, yoshi can eat someone else and get a new power.

Fireball Yoshi: (Like when you ate a red turtle in Super Mario World)
Yoshi spits 3 fireballs from his mouth, one traveling stright in front of him, and two in 45 degree angles up and down.
Damage: 7-8%
Knockback: Minimal. (About the same stun as a falco laser)

Wing Yoshi?: (Like eating... I think it was a blue turtle?)
Yoshi can travel a decent distance with his tiny wings he has grown. This can be used in addition to his double jump for added recovery.
The wings allow him to travel in a mostly horizontal path, but can be angled slightly up or down.
Colliding with someone during the movement will cause a weak hit that has low priority and knockback.

Super Egg Yoshi: (I made this one up)
Yoshi can throw more powerful eggs with his side-B with this power. Trajectory will not be as variable as with Yoshi's current Up-B though.
Range: Imagine half the distance of Battlefield? Should be about right. Causes an exposion on impact about twice as large as a current egg.
Damage:
Direct hit: 13-15% Explosion Hit: 6-7%
Knockback:
Direct Hit: Fair. About the same as samus's super missle.
Explosion hit: Low.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Wow, Dokkoise, my post sounded a lot like yours after I read yours. I promise I didn't even see it until just now though! Great minds eh?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Apologies to Numa Dude, but I think you quite simply are wrong. In the same way that low tier characters are good if used well, as is the egg move. It can be used well. Other moves can be used better. Someone covered the egg's faults already... the main thing is that actually using the egg effectively relies more on your opponent's stupidity rather than the player's skill. You can jump over it, you can cancel it with an attack, you can simply dodge it... Either the move must be removed or improved significantly. The only really good thing about it is you can trick people by adding spin in midair... but in all practicality, it is a horrible, horrible move. If you are to argue that it is in fact NOT a bad move, you need to supply reasons other than "Well, you can't use it. And you're a silly sarcastic not funny person."

Alternate side B... perhaps his regurgitating from Mario Sunshine? Spraying fruit juice the same color as the yoshi picked (mixed with acidic yoshi bile for damage)
Once started, you can angle the control stick up and down to change which direction you want to spray. Fires a constant stream that deals minimal damage, if any. Instead of actually knocking enemies, it would push them. Knocks physical projectiles away (missiles, items, link's things). Within seconds, the stream would just be trickling out of Yoshi's mouth doing basically nothing.
Fantastic for edge guarding and annoying people.
Maybe takes a few seconds to recharge, else would start off near trickle amount?
Sounds fun to me. I'd play yoshi more if I could constantly piss people off.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I don't play yoshi much other then messing around but might be interesting to give him a new special that slide under enemies and teammates alike making them mount yoshi (not in a preverted way lol :dizzy:) then the person on his sattle can be damaged by him bucking them off hitting that special again (could do like 12 damage and have low-medium knockback) or letting them ride and they can attack people with A button attacks like weak attacks, as in one-two punches. Also use B specials that shoot like Mario's Fireballs or Links Arrows ect. while riding. Sounds like a fun new way to play him in teams and kill enemies with SDs if they don't shake fast enough to jump off.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I don't know why I'm arguing with you people when I never use Yoshi. BTW this entire thread is useless why should they replace his move when they could just improve it so all of the flaws this move apparently has according to you people aren't there any more.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Because it's easy to just sort of "hit" while it comes towards you.
I find it easy anyway. And it passes through and normally suicides if you block on an edge.
I suppose fixing the flaws COULD work, but it would be better just to kill the move.

It's about as useful against a waveshining Fox as Ganondorf's Warlock punch.

Majora Vaati

Smash Rookie
I personally am a Yoshi user...and I love the Egg Roll as an annoyer...

the chance of it hitting is based on your opponent's reflexes and attention...if your play a free for all between 4 ppl...and 3 ppl are going at it and not really paying that much attention at you...I Egg Roll them and kindof run em over a few times then when I choose to stop or they hit me...I just follow it with watever attack is necessary...I also use it just as a change of pace....my fighting style is random so that my opponent doesnt know what I'll do next....

of course I dont use it that much...but I still love it and use it...

marthsword

Smash Ace
I personally am a Yoshi user...and I love the Egg Roll as an annoyer...

the chance of it hitting is based on your opponent's reflexes and attention...if your play a free for all between 4 ppl...and 3 ppl are going at it and not really paying that much attention at you...I Egg Roll them and kindof run em over a few times then when I choose to stop or they hit me...I just follow it with watever attack is necessary...I also use it just as a change of pace....my fighting style is random so that my opponent doesnt know what I'll do next....

of course I dont use it that much...but I still love it and use it...

In a free for all like you are saying you have much better options. If there were an edge, edge canceled eggs would work nicely while they are busy fighting. Many things could.

And Numa I guess you weren't kdding :confused:

Top Bottom