• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Stories

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I've been wonding and, as things often do when I'm wondering about them, it's begun to bother me to the extent that I have to ask, despite the fact that the reason would probably be obvious to me were I to have the means to work it out myself.

Why is Yoshi's Story 64 banned while Yoshi's Story GCN appears to be less fair and isn't even a counter pick?

Can someone explain this to me please?

Metà

Smash Master
Kongo Jungle (I assume you're referring to 64) is not a neutral in common rulesets. The difference is that in YS64 you can just wait until the cloud disappears and then jump away, so the person chasing you has nothing to land on. This, as Jonas said, makes Jigglypuff unbeatable by most characters. Also, you can go way out there and camp lasers. It's stupid broken.

YS64 is a well-established banned stage, and for good reason. If you ever fight a Fox who knows how to hit the B button, you'll know why.

Smash Master
I like that stage for teams. Actually, I like a lot of stages for teams.

Zodiac

Smash Master
This guy is just new, give it time and this person be them male or female will understand the reasons behind our bans.

Ayatsuri_Rinku

Smash Cadet
sexism ftl actually :c

but to OP,

im suree the stage is way too big and it's so campy. the clouds also dissapear which is also dumb. also like Meta said, Jigglypuff would be extremely broken on that stage.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Melee story has far corners, walls that reach the bottom but don't allow for infinites, a Randall the Cloud that appears and disappears for exactly 300 frames (5 seconds) at a time, and the only random thing is Shy Guys, and the don't cause that much of a ruckus, (except here, skip to 2:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_x1S4u2DE)
64 Story has a low ceiling from the top platform, the strongest bthrow in the game doesn't kill to the right until %139, the clouds disappear and reappear pretty quickly, and if Fox can jump and pewpew, then you're gonna get out camped, because if you try to approach, he'll just shine you midair, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Platforms are to high apart from each other, making it almost impossible to get on to a platform quickly. I could go on for a while...

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
for some reason I thought this thread was going to talk about Yoshi and his stories....

anyways Yoshi's Story is mad gay

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Whoever told you that was a neutral.... never go to them for smash advice ever again.
So:
FD
FoD
DL64
BF

What's the fifth neutral?

It doesn't really matter as DL64 is the only one worth playing on (maybe FoD to mess with chain grabbers or something)

EDIT: my bad, it's that crappy excuse for a replacement for the real YS stage, I misremembered.

This guy is just new, give it time and this person be them male or female will understand the reasons behind our bans.
I understand the majority already.

Take out the female, and you're right. We all know women never learn...
I thought it was men (like me) who never learnt.

Fun fact: The stages are actually called:
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
Understood but PS:YI is made up of different bits of different pages from the book in the actual Yoshi's Story game, making it atleast as much a Yoshi's Story as the one which actually has that name.

Yoshi's Story is mad gay
It was a great game :(.

Jonas

Smash Champion
The fifth neutral is Yoshi's Story. In some rulesets Pokémon Stadium is also a neutral (usually taking FoD's place).

Actually "neutral" is a bit of a misnomer, as no stage is truly neutral. MBR refers to them as "starters."

Jonas

Smash Champion
Aw you poor thing :)
But yeah there's no reason to be harsh. Nobody here knew everything about the game until they asked or read about it in a thread (except for the few guys that just found out about everything themselves like M2K and Magus).

Top Bottom